Administrator

Class of October 2014 Part 28

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-27-a-20.html

D
Old 03-06-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Sunday morning/evening gang.

V, I guess I missed somewhere along the way that your sister had a substance abuse problem. And yes, the general framework of my kiwi adventure is in place. Starts and ends in Queenstown. What part are you most keen to see? Gotta start thinking about the June trip though. It's funny that one of my first thoughts when I realized I'd be in Boston this summer was to arrange nice dinner or some fun way to meet the New England Octsobers. My wife will be coming along so that's not likely this time.

Headed to my mom's for lunch today....should be nice.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday/Monday, all.

Headed out the door a bit and may not be back until tonight.

Catch you later!!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have a great day Leigh!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Headed to my mom's for lunch today....should be nice. Wishing each of you the best day.
Sounds like a nice time. Glad you have your mom around still and she's close by. Enjoy her company.

I'd meet up with ya this summer, but maybe next time when your solo.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

V, I guess I missed somewhere along the way that your sister had a substance abuse problem.
I remember talking to you Vee about this. Hey, maybe it will be a good wake up call. That's all you could hope for I guess. Sounds like you've been very supportive or as much as you can be.

Feel better.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So that's not a tulip. Don't know what I got.

I found some moss and planted it. I quite like it and it reminds me of some carpet from my grandmother's house in the 70s.

Ok, off to my moms......
Old 03-06-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Busy weekend here. Usual weekend chores going on. Chicken, sausage and white bean stew is simmering away. Calendula balms are cooling, waiting to be capped and labeled. These are new-gave away a bunch yesterday for toddler testing. James (2) put some on his lips. No worries. Briar, I am trying to appeal to Moms with these~ good for scrapes, abrasions, bruises, etc. They are in stick form.

Mark, my DD loves the North End in Boston. I proofed a paper for her on the history-very interesting- I'd love to see it. She promised to take me some day. Great little shops and restaurants.

Venus, you turned me onto even more shows! Just added 'Mom'. There were so many on my list, I had to give a few up. Some of the new ones didn't make the cut, like 'Quantico' and' Limitless'. Chicago Med made it. I like Rosewood too, cute show. I did like the debut of 'Family.' That's on again tonight. I need to start watching Blacklist and get back into Grey's. My DVR can record 4 at a time and Thursdays have it burning up. I never watch anything live except the news.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow, lots of posts over the last day/evening! I was playing/singing with daughter last night, to her newest Just Dance game for the Xbox. We had fun. She's on the mend.

Sorry to hear about your sister, V. And glad you got over the pizza incident!I took boy to a pancake place after church. I guess we had brunch, since we had breakfast food at 1:10, lol. We discovered what Dutch Baby is, Mark! This was called a German pancake, and son ordered it. I wish the server told us it was a 10-12 inch baked concoction that weighs about 3 pounds when my 80 pound 12 yo ordered it, lol!! It was HUGE! He's been snacking on it all afternoon. Keeps running in from outside and grabbing a chunk. He only had a few bites at the restaurant, because he bloated up on the lemonade and on the whipped cream that was piled high on the pancake.

I'll have to try to make one someday. Do you put apples on it?
Old 03-06-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Briar, those Mandalas are gorgeous!! I favor the last one, too, but love all of them that you have shown to us. Maybe I'll print and color some, if you would not mind. yoi know, there is a booming market for mandalas for adult coloring. It all the rage!
Old 03-06-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Briar, those Mandalas are gorgeous!! I favor the last one, too, but love all of them that you have shown to us. Maybe I'll print and color some, if you would not mind. yoi know, there is a booming market for mandalas for adult coloring. It all the rage!

Last one is my favorite, too, Briar!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Wow, lots of posts over the last day/evening! I was playing/singing with daughter last night, to her newest Just Dance game for the Xbox. We had fun. She's on the mend.

Sorry to hear about your sister, V. And glad you got over the pizza incident!I took boy to a pancake place after church. I guess we had brunch, since we had breakfast food at 1:10, lol. We discovered what Dutch Baby is, Mark! This was called a German pancake, and son ordered it. I wish the server told us it was a 10-12 inch baked concoction that weighs about 3 pounds when my 80 pound 12 yo ordered it, lol!! It was HUGE! He's been snacking on it all afternoon. Keeps running in from outside and grabbing a chunk. He only had a few bites at the restaurant, because he bloated up on the lemonade and on the whipped cream that was piled high on the pancake.

I'll have to try to make one someday. Do you put apples on it?

Too funny, phoebe, about your son and the German pancake!!!! My eyes are often too big for my stomach!!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Hello everyone. Busy weekend here. Usual weekend chores going on. Chicken, sausage and white bean stew is simmering away. Calendula balms are cooling, waiting to be capped and labeled. These are new-gave away a bunch yesterday for toddler testing. James (2) put some on his lips. No worries. Briar, I am trying to appeal to Moms with these~ good for scrapes, abrasions, bruises, etc. They are in stick form.

Mark, my DD loves the North End in Boston. I proofed a paper for her on the history-very interesting- I'd love to see it. She promised to take me some day. Great little shops and restaurants.

Venus, you turned me onto even more shows! Just added 'Mom'. There were so many on my list, I had to give a few up. Some of the new ones didn't make the cut, like 'Quantico' and' Limitless'. Chicago Med made it. I like Rosewood too, cute show. I did like the debut of 'Family.' That's on again tonight. I need to start watching Blacklist and get back into Grey's. My DVR can record 4 at a time and Thursdays have it burning up. I never watch anything live except the news.
'Mom' is now one of my two favorite show!!! Very funny, very relevant . . . .

Good luck with the calendula balms; they sound interesting.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So that's not a tulip. Don't know what I got.

I found some moss and planted it. I quite like it and it reminds me of some carpet from my grandmother's house in the 70s.

Ok, off to my moms......

Spring has sprung at Mark's house; jealousy is one of those bad sins, right? I'm jealous anyway.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Have a great day Leigh!

Thanks, arbor; you, too!!!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Looking forward to Arbor telling us what those flowers are; my google search isn't helping me.

I need to clarify this ~ I am not concerned about my sister having any kind of substance abuse issue. I am concerned with her being a moron. Really. You guys know me, and it takes a lot for me to be harsh. She had a car accident that was ruled her fault, yet insurance paid out in full, then a positive for grass blood result and a loss of license for (only) three months. Some people would thank their lucky stars, and take the lesson from the universe. All I know is that I am glad my parents aren't around for this one; they would be very upset.

OK....onwards.

Ha Ha BD, venus the TV addict strikes again! It is Leigh who put me onto Mom by the way, and why no one else is watching Life In Pieces is beyond me. They are my two comedy shows, and I really, really laugh. I've dropped the same ones you dropped BD, and kept the same ones. Although I really don't understand why everyone thinks Morris Chestnut is so good looking. I don't see it. Taye Diggs on the other hand....

We are worried about a few missing SRs at the moment, and it is really on my mind. Putting it out there to the universe to keep our friends safe.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I watch Life In Pieces, too; it is very clever. Venusca, it was you who t put me onto it!!!!!! Thanks.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
We are worried about a few missing SRs at the moment, and it is really on my mind. Putting it out there to the universe to keep our friends safe.
Who exactly? Haven't seen growpath on the 24 lately...

It's hard to tell exactly from marks pics what those flowers are. Plus he's in a completely different zone than me. Are we talkin the purple ones? If I had to guess it looks like iris or possibly hyacinth?? I also see some cold hardy pansies.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

Amen!!!!