Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 7

Old 12-20-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Not a lot to report, so will just say end of day 46 and going to bed. All ok though!
Old 12-20-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

PAWS can last 2 years.... oh sheeeetttt.... that is depressing... my brain needs 2 years to get back to where it might have been before I was 16... oh gawd....

I have done 3 weeks, so 101 to go.... sigh...

At least it explains all the weirdness....

And it won't be every day...

Or for long...

Maybe it will be OK. ...

Interesting reading about the stages of relapse.... and how to pull back. More tools in the box....
Old 12-20-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi enfin

PAWs can last up to two years...but people often interpret that in the worst way

Not everyone gets PAWs...and for most people the experience is not 2 years..

I had off days I attribute to PAWs but they were a day here, a day there and none at all after I hit 120 days

try not to worry - even if you do 'get PAWs' there's a lot you can do to mitigate it's effects

PAWS | Digital Dharma
Old 12-20-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Thank's for that link D, that's some good stuff!

Well, made it through the weekend sober and couldn't be happier!

Blessings to you all!

Goodnight : )
Old 12-20-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Supertired View Post
Mornin all. Up before 8 am again to face the day. This has got to stop ; )

Good stuff canguy. The only way I've found the resolve , like you, is to lean on a plan. Last night my plan was to gorge on burritos. Effective. I suggest you all incorporate burritos into your plans.

-10 C here this morning with the windchill.. And so much to do today.
Operation Christmas shopping in T minus 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...
I second burritos as a vital recovery tool.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Wow. I've been so irritable these past two days. Watch out world
Old 12-20-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Cristina, congrats on 30 days! Also Max with 50 days! Nice milestones guys!

I had a super productive Saturday. I made a bunch of sugar cookies and gingerbread animal cookies and made progress on some of the Xmas gifts I'm crocheting. I knew I was getting sick on Friday, but it didn't hit me full force until today! I feel like I've been run over by a truck, and I've more or less been in bed all day. So much for a productive Sunday! No cookies got frosted today, that's for sure!

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Me too Sooner! No hangovers. No guilt. No shame. No remorse. No anxiety. No depression. No hopelessness. No consequences. Isn't it wonderful? :-)
That it is....I m in Thailand now and get to have a advantage or being able to read all the folks on here walking up and feeling so good...helps with the evening here.) thanks all

DAY 22
Old 12-20-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi enfin

PAWs can last up to two years...but people often interpret that in the worst way

I had off days I attribute to PAWs but they were a day here, a day there and none at all after I hit 120 days

try not to worry - even if you do 'get PAWs' there's a lot you can do to mitigate it's effects

PAWS | Digital Dharma
Dee-thanks for the info!
I've been doing a lot of reading up on PAWS because last week, after 38-40 days and feeling great, I crashed with all of the symptoms out of the blue! It was like waking up with a hangover that was so bad that I couldn't connect the dots, but I hadn't had a drink and had been feeling terrific. Cravings out of the blue, depressions, fog, complete memory loss, anger, and an incredible anxiety attack, you name it. I felt bat s***crazy. Somebody suggested PAWS to me in another thread so I thought I should learn more about it.
It sounds like most people get it off and on up to 6 months give or take, and it's certainly not daily. (thank God). It can last longer depending on the person and the drugs/alcohol that were abused. Stress can exacerbate the symptoms too, so we all need to watch that. I'm now trying to meditate a little each morning so that I can minimize the stress and try to control the anxiety if/when it hits. It's nice to know it's something that will pass, so if anybody starts to experience this just reach out because it's tough and often leads to relapse. It really scared me and took me by surprise. The more we know the better we can fight this disease!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
Cristina, congrats on 30 days! Also Max with 50 days! Nice milestones guys!

I had a super productive Saturday. I made a bunch of sugar cookies and gingerbread animal cookies and made progress on some of the Xmas gifts I'm crocheting. I knew I was getting sick on Friday, but it didn't hit me full force until today! I feel like I've been run over by a truck, and I've more or less been in bed all day. So much for a productive Sunday! No cookies got frosted today, that's for sure!

Hope you all are doing well!
I hope you feel better soon! It's a funky time of year to feel under the weather!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Thank's for that link D, that's some good stuff!

Well, made it through the weekend sober and couldn't be happier!

Blessings to you all!

Goodnight : )
Great job Ultra! I hope you foot is feeling better too!
Old 12-20-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Glad to hear everyone is well Just wanted to say goodnight and have a great start to the week!
Old 12-20-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

PAWS......two years.......Oh. No.
Maybe I won't read all that one.

The tiredness I get tho. Wake up at dawn, have been getting up and into v strong coffee (hint: make with condensed milk for a combo caffeine / sugar hit that gets a nice little buzz on before breakfast) Walk a lot......days are long and every few days it all catches up and good sleep comes. But with tiredness being a big drinking cue...... it has its difficulties.

Have been surprised at how long the poor sleep has persisted. Only another 23 1/2 months then......

Hope it gets better Keepinitreal....bed a good place to be. Enfin......the pink cloud will return, unexpectedly. All the best all...later
Old 12-20-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi enfin

PAWS | Digital Dharma
Thank god and thank u for sharing that... I was literally panicking.... I had such an awful night; sweating, headache etc... I'd swear I'd drank a tonne now in the morning.... but I didnt! It's weird.... lets hope paws goes away sooner than later!!!!
Old 12-20-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post

Dee-thanks for the info!
I've been doing a lot of reading up on PAWS because last week, after 38-40 days and feeling great, I crashed with all of the symptoms out of the blue! It was like waking up with a hangover that was so bad that I couldn't connect the dots, but I hadn't had a drink and had been feeling terrific. Cravings out of the blue, depressions, fog, complete memory loss, anger, and an incredible anxiety attack, you name it. I felt bat s***crazy. Somebody suggested PAWS to me in another thread so I thought I should learn more about it.
It sounds like most people get it off and on up to 6 months give or take, and it's certainly not daily. (thank God). It can last longer depending on the person and the drugs/alcohol that were abused. Stress can exacerbate the symptoms too, so we all need to watch that. I'm now trying to meditate a little each morning so that I can minimize the stress and try to control the anxiety if/when it hits. It's nice to know it's something that will pass, so if anybody starts to experience this just reach out because it's tough and often leads to relapse. It really scared me and took me by surprise. The more we know the better we can fight this disease!
If stress exacerbates it , I'll have it for 10 years !!!! Need another job......hahahaha
Old 12-20-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
PAWS......two years.......Oh. No.
Maybe I won't read all that one.

The tiredness I get tho. Wake up at dawn, have been getting up and into v strong coffee (hint: make with condensed milk for a combo caffeine / sugar hit that gets a nice little buzz on before breakfast) Walk a lot......days are long and every few days it all catches up and good sleep comes. But with tiredness being a big drinking cue...... it has its difficulties.

Have been surprised at how long the poor sleep has persisted. Only another 23 1/2 months then......

Hope it gets better Keepinitreal....bed a good place to be. Enfin......the pink cloud will return, unexpectedly. All the best all...later
Let's not believe that thing I read... lets go with the other 6 month ones of occasional days... in that case 5 months and 6 days to go, and if it hot 1/3 of the time....that 52 days worth of feeling iffy... how many bad hangovers would u have! Then there no hope of improvement either!!! Freedom awaits....

Lets hope for fast brain chemistry rebalancing😀

You doing fab. Very helpful for me to read your posts xx
Old 12-20-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

good diet and a little exercise really helps too

D
Old 12-21-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Exactly Dee, I was about to point that out...if we read all the way through it states that a nutritious diet (with no/limited sugar) and exercise helps the healing process.

Feel better, learntofly!

I'm glad you figured out it was PAWS KIR and managed to get some information to help you through it, you're doing awesome!!!

I'm up drinking my first cup of coffee, over the holidays I only have one class (at noon) to coach so that allows me to sleep in, nice! The extra sleep truly does wonders. Have a great day everybody!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

There's a quote from Robert Downy Jr that I read once that really seems appropriate for the holidays!

"I get asked all the time, wouldn't you like to have a drink with dinner! I always think, of course I'd like to have a drink with dinner, but then I remember that I actually have plans for Christmas next year!"

crazy enough.jpg
Old 12-21-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Let's not believe that thing I read... lets go with the other 6 month ones of occasional days... in that case 5 months and 6 days to go, and if it hot 1/3 of the time....that 52 days worth of feeling iffy... how many bad hangovers would u have! Then there no hope of improvement either!!! Freedom awaits....

Lets hope for fast brain chemistry rebalancing😀

You doing fab. Very helpful for me to read your posts xx
Great attitude Enfin! As time passes we will get stronger and better learn how to deal with the ebb and flow. It will get easier! I believe Dee, he's been there and has seen a lot!