Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 7

Old 12-20-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Morning all : ) Longest sleep I've had in a long time! Feels so wonderful to wake up and not be hungover!!! I'm a bit sore from yesterdays workout and blessed because I didn't drink, but actually worked out! I tell you what, my biggest motivator this weekend has been that quote from Sobermarathon, it keeps playing over in my head and it has really changed my perspective about this whole process of sobriety. I'll leave it here again for others who may have missed it: " My therapist told me that the first year of sobriety is a bit like the first year after someone close to you dies. There's a year of birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, summer holidays - all of which you need to get used to being without that person or in our case, alcohol." The problem is I always want to bring this person/alcohol back into my life, but I can't. The worst friend I ever had, alcohol, has died and it can never be part of my life again...it's almost like a sense of relief I've been feeling the last couple of days. It's like the cancer is gone, the very thing that I thought I loved was killing me and somehow it died and I survived. It's like a battered spouse who finally has the courage to walk away and never look back! Freedom! Anyways, Canguy...I'm glad you made it through and so glad you have a plan in place for times like that! Great to see you rocking it Enfin!!! Thanks Supertired, now I want burritos for breakfast : / This coffee is especially tasty this morning, enjoy ya'll!
I'm really glad my post spoke to you Ultra. I guess we owe my therapist credit for the analogy!

Keep up the positive thinking. Seems like you are determined to turn things around for good!
Old 12-20-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Max74 View Post
Day 50 Happy holidays class!!! You CAN have alcohol or you can have everything else!!!Thanks...I will always keep that in my head. What do I get from this class? I feel like im not the only one living this roller coaster of a life of sobriety.It takes alot of courage to get back up after falling.My feelings are shared by many here. Everyone have a great day!!!Cheers
Congratulations on Day 50 Max!!

This class is really rocking some big milestones already!! Let's keep it up.

Kiki...how does are class look now that we are 2/3's of the way through December?
Old 12-20-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Way to go Cristina!!! What made you come close to caving, just out of curiosity? Congratulations on 30 days...great milestone!!

Well my husband was drinking, I have a bunch of family staying with me , and I was tired and hungry. Basically all of HALT applied to me last night.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post

Well my husband was drinking, I have a bunch of family staying with me , and I was tired and hungry. Basically all of HALT applied to me last night.
But you didn't! !! Score!!!! Well done....
Old 12-20-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
wow, thanks for the welcomes...I really like this group. just what I needed. 21 days today ...i like this no hangovers the most.
Me too Sooner! No hangovers. No guilt. No shame. No remorse. No anxiety. No depression. No hopelessness. No consequences. Isn't it wonderful? :-)
Old 12-20-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Full English breakfast with no hangover??? Don't mind if I do... 8 hours sleep with NO waking up for the first time in years... oh allrighty then!!! Bounce bounce!!!! Heheheheh
Yesssssssss!!!!!!!! :-)
Old 12-20-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Morning all Enfin you sound great this morning!! I almost caved last night but I just thought the drink through and ate some dinner. So glad I made it because I'm at 30 days today!!! Have an awesome days everyone!!!
Woohoo!!! 30 days! It only gets better from here! So glad you didn't drink the poison last night! Imagine how awful you would feel right now! Great job!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Morning all : ) Longest sleep I've had in a long time! Feels so wonderful to wake up and not be hungover!!! I'm a bit sore from yesterdays workout and blessed because I didn't drink, but actually worked out! I tell you what, my biggest motivator this weekend has been that quote from Sobermarathon, it keeps playing over in my head and it has really changed my perspective about this whole process of sobriety. I'll leave it here again for others who may have missed it: " My therapist told me that the first year of sobriety is a bit like the first year after someone close to you dies. There's a year of birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, summer holidays - all of which you need to get used to being without that person or in our case, alcohol." The problem is I always want to bring this person/alcohol back into my life, but I can't. The worst friend I ever had, alcohol, has died and it can never be part of my life again...it's almost like a sense of relief I've been feeling the last couple of days. It's like the cancer is gone, the very thing that I thought I loved was killing me and somehow it died and I survived. It's like a battered spouse who finally has the courage to walk away and never look back! Freedom! Anyways, Canguy...I'm glad you made it through and so glad you have a plan in place for times like that! Great to see you rocking it Enfin!!! Thanks Supertired, now I want burritos for breakfast : / This coffee is especially tasty this morning, enjoy ya'll!
Great post Ultradad! It really gave me something to think about! :-)
Old 12-20-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
I always liked to drink on a empty stomach so like you ChistinaN a good meal helps a lot. Never liked to drink when full....good idea thanks if a "caving" time comes up EAT!
Ditto!!!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Max74 View Post
Day 50 Happy holidays class!!! You CAN have alcohol or you can have everything else!!!Thanks...I will always keep that in my head. What do I get from this class? I feel like im not the only one living this roller coaster of a life of sobriety.It takes alot of courage to get back up after falling.My feelings are shared by many here. Everyone have a great day!!!Cheers
FIFTY DAYS!!! That's 1,200 hours without a drink! Woo hoo! I really like that quote too!

"You can have alcohol or you can have everything else". I'll stay sober thank you.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Congratulations on Day 50 Max!! This class is really rocking some big milestones already!! Let's keep it up. Kiki...how does are class look now that we are 2/3's of the way through December?
I'm not sure because I'm not counting people's days anymore. I don't even know how many days I have! Haha

Let me check my iphone App called Recovery Elevator......

I have 1 month, 4 days, 17 hours, 41 minutes & 54 seconds of sobriety. Ha!

Drinks not consumed: 138.95

Money saved: $903.20

Calories saved: 13,895.47

Yay!!!

Let me weigh myself now....

Well, I've lost 3.5 pounds of the 40 I gained while drinking. Not much but at this rate I will be 40 lbs lighter this time next year if I stay sober, eat healthy & keep exercising. :-)
Old 12-20-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Quick drive by, busy with holiday prep and out for lunch with my beautiful daughter - lousy WiFi connection!
Old 12-20-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi, All! Glad to hear everyone is pushing through the cravings. Keep it up!

I am feeling great today because I am sober! I had a great time at the party last night. No desire to drink. Really enjoyed myself and spending time with friends. Now I'm home with my family. No feelings of guilt, remorse, self-loathing, etc. So grateful for that! So grateful for my sobriety! I just want to scream it out!!

Thank you all for being here and stay strong! We can do this together
Old 12-20-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi Class,

Good to see so many of us here still living the sober life and a huge pat on the back for everyone who's ignored their cravings and their AVs.

Pams, I hope you jump right back in.....and anyone else who's found a stumbling block. Apologies but I do struggle to keep up with all the posts.

I negotiated my work's Christmas function last night without a hitch. Free booze all night and I stuck to tap water with a slice of lemon. The year before I was last to bed having drunk loads of wine, a few Guinness and umpteen doubles of malt whiskey. I was probably still over the limit when I drove home hungover the following day. Very naughty.

I'd love to say I had a great time last night but I didn't. It was utter pants.
What was good though was I was actually really happy about not drinking, I didn't feel like I was missing out, I didn't crave a drink and I was so happy not to be talking absolute garbage and then repeating it over and over again.

Happy to be here and grateful to be sober.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Hi, All! Glad to hear everyone is pushing through the cravings. Keep it up!

I am feeling great today because I am sober! I had a great time at the party last night. No desire to drink. Really enjoyed myself and spending time with friends. Now I'm home with my family. No feelings of guilt, remorse, self-loathing, etc. So grateful for that! So grateful for my sobriety! I just want to scream it out!!

Thank you all for being here and stay strong! We can do this together
You ROCK SwimKim, glad to hear you're doing so well!!!

Old 12-20-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I'm not sure because I'm not counting people's days anymore. I don't even know how many days I have! Haha

Let me check my iphone App called Recovery Elevator......

I have 1 month, 4 days, 17 hours, 41 minutes & 54 seconds of sobriety. Ha!

Drinks not consumed: 138.95

Money saved: $903.20

Calories saved: 13,895.47

Yay!!!

Let me weigh myself now....

Well, I've lost 3.5 pounds of the 40 I gained while drinking. Not much but at this rate I will be 40 lbs lighter this time next year if I stay sober, eat healthy & keep exercising. :-)
Great job!
I've got 42 days
Saved $420. (Kiki, what are you gonna do with all the money you have saved?)
167.06 drinks not consumed. (That's a lot). I think I'm an alcoholic! Haha
16,705 calories I didn't waste on alcohol.
I've lost a good 6 pounds and have even indulged in holiday cookies! That's a win!

Anybody else have an update to share?

KIR
Old 12-20-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Great reading here this morning. heading into Christmas & class seems to be doing well.......Enfin, you will go up and down, enjoy the ups and remember the downs will pass.

A bright sunny Monday morning.....holiday coming, I've really slept for a change, anyone else find sobriety as tiring as drinking?

But its day 42. Made six weeks.

Have a good day everybody...........
Old 12-20-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

So glad to hear that many of you are doing well and racking up the sober days! Gives me hope! In all the times I've tried this I didn't come up with a plan to deal with challenging situations. I see that this is something I need to do to be successful. Today is day 2. Still not feeling that great. Tomorrow should be better.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Great reading here this morning. heading into Christmas & class seems to be doing well.......Enfin, you will go up and down, enjoy the ups and remember the downs will pass.

A bright sunny Monday morning.....holiday coming, I've really slept for a change, anyone else find sobriety as tiring as drinking?

But its day 42. Made six weeks.

Have a good day everybody...........
Tiring.. defo... plus it is like a seesaw. .. I guess it was with drinking too... all that controlling hangovers and waiting to drink... but this feels different as there is no annihilation at the end... no blessed relief from thought. .. except I guess in good sleep.

Am fed up of thinking about it this day, after a few good ones... I guess a bad few hours is OK to cope with... it's the hunger in my gut that's tough. I'm not hungry... but like an addiction hunger... out of nowhere after 23 days... why's that then I ask???? Boooooooooo

Glad u doing well xx
Old 12-20-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey Tufty, I feel you. My work gathering on Friday was tough. I've had many of those gatherings that were not fun. But we get through them and are stronger because of that. Good job!!

Canguy, congratulations on six weeks During my last sober stint I also found myself getting tired much more than I was while drinking - maybe it's worth checking out PAWS? Regardless, I think your body is trying to heal itself. Give yourself the rest you are craving!