View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
enfinthechange

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post

Dee-thanks for the info!
I've been doing a lot of reading up on PAWS because last week, after 38-40 days and feeling great, I crashed with all of the symptoms out of the blue! It was like waking up with a hangover that was so bad that I couldn't connect the dots, but I hadn't had a drink and had been feeling terrific. Cravings out of the blue, depressions, fog, complete memory loss, anger, and an incredible anxiety attack, you name it. I felt bat s***crazy. Somebody suggested PAWS to me in another thread so I thought I should learn more about it.
It sounds like most people get it off and on up to 6 months give or take, and it's certainly not daily. (thank God). It can last longer depending on the person and the drugs/alcohol that were abused. Stress can exacerbate the symptoms too, so we all need to watch that. I'm now trying to meditate a little each morning so that I can minimize the stress and try to control the anxiety if/when it hits. It's nice to know it's something that will pass, so if anybody starts to experience this just reach out because it's tough and often leads to relapse. It really scared me and took me by surprise. The more we know the better we can fight this disease!
If stress exacerbates it , I'll have it for 10 years !!!! Need another job......hahahaha