# 441 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Julyers
Old 01-04-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Love you all
Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I saw my son. I desperately want to see my girl Ryleigh. Her mother came home ..... It's not going to happen . I hate her
Old 01-04-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
I saw my son. I desperately want to see my girl Ryleigh. Her mother came home ..... It's not going to happen . I hate her
I'm so sorry, Snooz, really very sorry. It is a terrible thing to not be able to see Ryleigh.

Please don't drink over this, Snooz. Drinking will hurt you - not your DIL.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Good morning, Julyers.

The last of my house guests left this morning.

I am alone with mounds and mounds and mounds of laundry.

I will try and catch-up between loads.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hello all,
Hi Lisa, welcome, please keep posting.
Snoozy, I'm so sorry about your granddaughter, but please don't drink over it, it would create more distance.
Well, this trip has been all about learning to accept my family. I will never really fit in in the dynamics of my bro and sis and their spouses. Drinking never really helped in this regard and only hurt me. My sister got loud and silly last night and in the mornings, you can't hardly say good morning to her, she gets so grumpy.
It's lonely, but again, I have to accept it and not allow it to make me upset. I'm lucky that I do have friends who care about me and are interested in me! That includes this great group, thanks!
Old 01-04-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi guys popping into say I'm battling a really bad migraine if I'm not about later that's why it just won't shift : (
Old 01-04-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Oh no wolfie love ~ I hope you feel better. Sending good vibes your way.

I'm sorry Snooz, it's a tough situation. And very painful for you, and I hope that things will change and you will be able to see Ryleigh. In the meantime love, getting well is going to help, in every way!!

I think you've navigated this trip home brilliantly Leshar.
An old friend of mine from NA always just used to shake her head and say..."family" (sigh). That kind of sums it up for me. It can be really tough.

I have just spent the past 3 days with my sisters after a horrendous car crash my little sister had on New Year's Eve. That's why I've been quiet...this was both a miracle, and consequently very tough emotionally.

I thought this would be OK...count your blessings and move on, but my younger sister is not alright emotionally or mentally right now. Yes, I have taken her to a doctor, but we want her to see a psychologist ASAP. I hope she hears us.

Darling Leigh, I am SO glad your guests have gone and you are back with us!
I miss you when you're not here! ♥

Love to all the Julyers.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi Wolfie, I hope you get better quickly!

Leigh, I just left my brother, sister in law and niece. It is hard to leave them. I try to not leave much dirty laundry . It feels really lonely to leave them and know I won't see them again for a year. I used to drop my niece off at school, then find a bar and a beach. Now I go to the local nature preserve and birdwatch, then find a beach. There are donuts involved, but not booze. I hope you don't feel lonely in the absence.

Leshar, you handles that so very well! You are a great person. It's often hard for those closest to us to realize that. Especially if they are in their own little boozy world.

Venus, I'm so sorry about your sister. I hope she gets he help she needs quickly!

Snooz, I'm sorry for your situation with your son and his family. As the others have said, drinking over it will super duper not help. You know what can help and certainly won't hurt? Recovery.

Please heal yourself, snooz. Nothing will get better until you do. Thinking of you.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Please heal yourself, snooz. Nothing will get better until you do. Thinking of you.
This is it in a nutshell, wehav. As good as all our intentions may be when drinking, we are sick and need help and we certainly don't communicate in the best way or process our emotions well.

My Mother would try to reach out to me but what she didn't see was I couldn't reconnect until I saw real indications of recovery in her life.

Venus, I'm sorry for what must be a very stressful time for you and your family. I will say a little prayer and hope your sister gets the help she needs to get through. I know you've had a rough year too, so it's hard to be strong for others when our own legs are buckling beneath us. Hugs to you.xx

Hi lisa! Good to see you around.

Off to work here....it's pouring with rain, perfect day to bum around on the sofa, post here and read. Would have loved one of these cool, rainy days last week when on hols! Lol. Oh well. Lippy on and get in the car for work!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh no wolfie love ~ I hope you feel better. Sending good vibes your way.

I'm sorry Snooz, it's a tough situation. And very painful for you, and I hope that things will change and you will be able to see Ryleigh. In the meantime love, getting well is going to help, in every way!!

I think you've navigated this trip home brilliantly Leshar.
An old friend of mine from NA always just used to shake her head and say..."family" (sigh). That kind of sums it up for me. It can be really tough.

I have just spent the past 3 days with my sisters after a horrendous car crash my little sister had on New Year's Eve. That's why I've been quiet...this was both a miracle, and consequently very tough emotionally.

I thought this would be OK...count your blessings and move on, but my younger sister is not alright emotionally or mentally right now. Yes, I have taken her to a doctor, but we want her to see a psychologist ASAP. I hope she hears us.

Darling Leigh, I am SO glad your guests have gone and you are back with us!
I miss you when you're not here! ♥

Love to all the Julyers.
Venus, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's car crash; what a terrifying experience. Your sister is blessed to have you in her life.

You and your family will be in my prayers.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi guys popping into say I'm battling a really bad migraine if I'm not about later that's why it just won't shift : (
Feel better, sw; get plenty of rest, friend.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hello all,
Hi Lisa, welcome, please keep posting.
Snoozy, I'm so sorry about your granddaughter, but please don't drink over it, it would create more distance.
Well, this trip has been all about learning to accept my family. I will never really fit in in the dynamics of my bro and sis and their spouses. Drinking never really helped in this regard and only hurt me. My sister got loud and silly last night and in the mornings, you can't hardly say good morning to her, she gets so grumpy.
It's lonely, but again, I have to accept it and not allow it to make me upset. I'm lucky that I do have friends who care about me and are interested in me! That includes this great group, thanks!
Yes, Leshar, those who care and call you 'friend' definitely includes this group.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Hi Wolfie, I hope you get better quickly!

Leigh, I just left my brother, sister in law and niece. It is hard to leave them. I try to not leave much dirty laundry . It feels really lonely to leave them and know I won't see them again for a year. I used to drop my niece off at school, then find a bar and a beach. Now I go to the local nature preserve and birdwatch, then find a beach. There are donuts involved, but not booze. I hope you don't feel lonely in the absence.

Leshar, you handles that so very well! You are a great person. It's often hard for those closest to us to realize that. Especially if they are in their own little boozy world.

Venus, I'm so sorry about your sister. I hope she gets he help she needs quickly!

Snooz, I'm sorry for your situation with your son and his family. As the others have said, drinking over it will super duper not help. You know what can help and certainly won't hurt? Recovery.

Extended house guest can be overwhelming. I had to constantly remind during the visit (and now during 'recovery' and clean-up) that I am blessed to have people in my life. It was my 'mental mantra' when my anxiety was peaking.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

I can't imagine 12 houseguests.
You are amazing Leigh.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Blessed for sure Leigh, but 12 houseguests....that's a lot.
Gosh, where would you even put them all?
It is a lot of people and I really don't want to do it again; it was just too much for too long.

Space was very tight; it felt like people were everywhere ad I felt overwhelmed quite often; thank goodness they are very good and loving people.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Venus, I hope your sister will be ok.
Hope your migraine goes soon, Wolfie.
I go home tomorrow. I'm really glad I came for the wedding. I've learned a lot about myself, interacting with my family this time.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think wehav and Crois said it pretty well Snooz - it's going to be a long road with you and your daughter in law...the very best thing- the only thing - you can do for yourself now is stay committed to your recovery

I'm sorry to hear about your sister Venus - prayers for you all.

Hope your migraine is better SW

Glad you have the house to yourself again Leigh
Old 01-04-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lisatryingagain View Post
Hi everyone. I was on this thread a long time ago, as lisatrying I think, but I couldn't remember the password and new email so just started a new account.

I didn't join SR initially just lurking.... but July 2013 was my sober date and I read this thread amoung others every day. Eventually I got the courage to join and said hi a little.

I just wanted to say hi again to everyone, its so nice to see many of you on here are doing amazingly well - I am a little jealous I admit and am kicking myself but .... that's not helpful is it. I had a very good solid 14 months of not drinking, then in October 2014 decided to try dating , and thought I would be ok with the odd drink. Well the dating didn't go too well, and neither did the drinking unfortunately (and not surprisingly).

So now I am back on day 2. This time around my drinking didn't get quite so bad, but I think with respect to kindling my body does not handle it well and I know I was very close to being back into the death spiral of a bottle of vodka at a time and pills. Its scared the heck out of me.

I have joined the class of Jan 16 but will say hi on here sometimes if that's ok.

Wendy I feel for you and relate, its hard, and anyone else on this thread who is struggling know you are not alone in feeling frustrated with yourself. We will have to work very hard at forgiving ourselves for being human, and just take it minute by minute sometimes. Thanks for letting me share guys. Lisa

Nice to meet you, lisa, and welcome back.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hi everyone , thanks for all your very much welcomed advice.

My brother just rang me and they ate expecting again. This is he most wonderful news ever.

They have been trying since they got married at 20.
They finally have a little boy who is 2 & were so grateful. Now they have found out Tania is pregnant again at 44 !

Life works in mysterious ways.

I've just got off the phone to them an they are elated , I've offered my help and I think really good things are going to come from this.

Nothing like great news to start off the new year.

Leigh , you must be a saint having 12 people all at once ! Ye gads , I don think I could do that.

Venus I hope your sis gets well x

Leshar , I'm so proud of you. You are moving along with your recovery so well and seem to know how to make all the right adjustments .

Bob, I'm sorry your beloved patriots lost two in. A row . Hope you're not too traumatised xx

Wolfy my heart goes out to you darling , with all these migraines .it must be so debilitating .

WeHav, Crois & Dee, thank you for those words , I can change nothing with Ryleigh , so I'll just have to accept the things I cannot change & drinking definitely won't help.

I know I said it yesterday , but it's so good to have you back Lisa.

Let , how are you going today , I know you've been doing it tough of late. We are ALL here for you.

I hope I haven't missed anyone's, it's never intentional.

Love all of you wonderful people , from the bottom of my heart.

You are the best xxx thank you for everything

Xx