Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 27

Old 01-02-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

let ~ just a thought....

Alcoholism-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Perhaps if you reach out on this forum, you might find a sponsor, or a good lead?
Old 01-02-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

I will pm you because it would be nice to have a virtual sponsor wehav2day.
I dont know about the higher power and honesty with a stranger but i can learn.

So glad your doing detox SnoozyQ. Sometimes I wish i did detox. I wasnt an absolute everyday drinker. I didnt get drunk all day but i recognize my self sliding that slope. And the grips to pull out start to disappear.
Early in the week i couldnt stay up past 9pm. Now i cant go to bed ontime lol. 1030 here and i am not even tired
Old 01-02-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Let I'd be happy to work with you if you are interested. Yep pm away. if you change your mind, thats ok too. No worries. You can do this.

Steps did change my life.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Yeah it's hard Let . At least with detox , it cleans everything out of your system in a healthy safe environment. You learn to eat better etc . WeHav , what a lovely gesture , you're such a sweetheart, seriously I mean that . I'd take up the offer Let xxxx
Old 01-03-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Julyers hope you had a nice day x
Old 01-03-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon Julyers
Old 01-03-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Julyers were watching bridge of spies meant to be a great movie
Old 01-03-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

First day back at work today....I'm dragging my feet getting ready this morning, lol. I actually really enjoy work, but could I do it on "holiday time"? Like, say head in about 11am and finish up around 2.30/3pm?

Perfect!
Old 01-03-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Do your best

Early night for me

Goodnight Gang
Old 01-03-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Administrator

good night sw.

D
Old 01-03-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
First day back at work today....I'm dragging my feet getting ready this morning, lol. I actually really enjoy work, but could I do it on "holiday time"? Like, say head in about 11am and finish up around 2.30/3pm?

Perfect!
I'm going to be in the same boat tomorrow, Crois.
Up at 5:15am when I've been getting up at 9;30 these last few weeks.

Not much on tonight.
My Patriots lost again, so that's 2 in a row(unheard of).
I'm back on the elliptical exercise machine again. Gotta lose at least 15-20 lbs. My blood glucose level in very high from all the snacking and sweats this holiday.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Yeah I put on 6-8lbs in December, Bob. On my protein bars for lunch.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hi from someone who was on this thread a long while ago

Hi everyone. I was on this thread a long time ago, as lisatrying I think, but I couldn't remember the password and new email so just started a new account.

I didn't join SR initially just lurking.... but July 2013 was my sober date and I read this thread amoung others every day. Eventually I got the courage to join and said hi a little.

I just wanted to say hi again to everyone, its so nice to see many of you on here are doing amazingly well - I am a little jealous I admit and am kicking myself but .... that's not helpful is it. I had a very good solid 14 months of not drinking, then in October 2014 decided to try dating , and thought I would be ok with the odd drink. Well the dating didn't go too well, and neither did the drinking unfortunately (and not surprisingly).

So now I am back on day 2. This time around my drinking didn't get quite so bad, but I think with respect to kindling my body does not handle it well and I know I was very close to being back into the death spiral of a bottle of vodka at a time and pills. Its scared the heck out of me.

I have joined the class of Jan 16 but will say hi on here sometimes if that's ok.

Wendy I feel for you and relate, its hard, and anyone else on this thread who is struggling know you are not alone in feeling frustrated with yourself. We will have to work very hard at forgiving ourselves for being human, and just take it minute by minute sometimes. Thanks for letting me share guys. Lisa
Old 01-03-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Well, I used food to get me through some tough months.
So now I have around 20 pounds I want to shed as well.
We can do it!!!
Old 01-03-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hi Lisa, lovely to meet you.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Lisa

D
Old 01-03-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lisatryingagain View Post
Hi everyone. I was on this thread a long time ago, as lisatrying I think, but I couldn't remember the password and new email so just started a new account.

I didn't join SR initially just lurking.... but July 2013 was my sober date and I read this thread amoung others every day. Eventually I got the courage to join and said hi a little.

I just wanted to say hi again to everyone, its so nice to see many of you on here are doing amazingly well - I am a little jealous I admit and am kicking myself but .... that's not helpful is it. I had a very good solid 14 months of not drinking, then in October 2014 decided to try dating , and thought I would be ok with the odd drink. Well the dating didn't go too well, and neither did the drinking unfortunately (and not surprisingly).

So now I am back on day 2. This time around my drinking didn't get quite so bad, but I think with respect to kindling my body does not handle it well and I know I was very close to being back into the death spiral of a bottle of vodka at a time and pills. Its scared the heck out of me.

I have joined the class of Jan 16 but will say hi on here sometimes if that's ok.

Wendy I feel for you and relate, its hard, and anyone else on this thread who is struggling know you are not alone in feeling frustrated with yourself. We will have to work very hard at forgiving ourselves for being human, and just take it minute by minute sometimes. Thanks for letting me share guys. Lisa

Well what a lovely surprise that was , logging in and seeing you here Lisa
Please stay in our group as its your group as well as your January one. It's just so good to hear from you again.
I'm looking forward to us getting through this together & keep adding those days up .

Xoxox
Old 01-03-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Hi SnoozyQ!!

Welcome Lisa!! Congratulations on day 2!! Those first few days can seem like an eternity.
Off to bed for me for me.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:05 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Goodnight Let xxxxxx
Old 01-04-2016, 01:12 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Thankyou so much guys, I really appreciate being made to feel welcome back with your group - its a credit to you all that its still going, shows a lot of commitment, and just how much these forums do help people.

I wish I had posted from the start with you all instead of lurking for so long, many many months went by till I felt brave enough to post I think. I suspect if I ever end up being brave enough to go to an AA meeting I will say the say about that as well.