View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by lisatryingagain View Post
Hi everyone. I was on this thread a long time ago, as lisatrying I think, but I couldn't remember the password and new email so just started a new account.

I didn't join SR initially just lurking.... but July 2013 was my sober date and I read this thread amoung others every day. Eventually I got the courage to join and said hi a little.

I just wanted to say hi again to everyone, its so nice to see many of you on here are doing amazingly well - I am a little jealous I admit and am kicking myself but .... that's not helpful is it. I had a very good solid 14 months of not drinking, then in October 2014 decided to try dating , and thought I would be ok with the odd drink. Well the dating didn't go too well, and neither did the drinking unfortunately (and not surprisingly).

So now I am back on day 2. This time around my drinking didn't get quite so bad, but I think with respect to kindling my body does not handle it well and I know I was very close to being back into the death spiral of a bottle of vodka at a time and pills. Its scared the heck out of me.

I have joined the class of Jan 16 but will say hi on here sometimes if that's ok.

Wendy I feel for you and relate, its hard, and anyone else on this thread who is struggling know you are not alone in feeling frustrated with yourself. We will have to work very hard at forgiving ourselves for being human, and just take it minute by minute sometimes. Thanks for letting me share guys. Lisa

Nice to meet you, lisa, and welcome back.