Class of December 2015

Old 12-08-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone is having a nice tuesday
Old 12-08-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

I have been on and off SR for a few years, and part of several different classes. I am back again and working on remaining sober. I will be sticking close to SR and reading lots. I will also be making alternate plans for the evenings, and finding some good alternate drinks to have in the house. I love Diet Ginger Ale, and need to pick some up today. Any other drink suggestions?
Old 12-08-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I have been on and off SR for a few years, and part of several different classes. I am back again and working on remaining sober. I will be sticking close to SR and reading lots. I will also be making alternate plans for the evenings, and finding some good alternate drinks to have in the house. I love Diet Ginger Ale, and need to pick some up today. Any other drink suggestions?
I think Pelegrino helps me when I'm going thru the urge. I usually buy a few bottles on the weekend.

My main choice is water. I go thru a minimum of half a gallon a day and spend the majority of my life in the bathroom flushing all the fluids lol
Old 12-08-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hey guys and gals....I see we have a few more newcomers.

I'm on to day (7). Thanks for all of your support, yep!

I'll compile an new list as soon as I get more time. I'll add the newcomers!
at the carpet) thing I see, and then I free my thought process to evolve around what I'm looking at. It's been working.
All is well.....no signs of anything disconcerting. My AV taunted me a few times, but I read an article about refocusing and it's been working well. I just focus on the first or second (or third if I'm looking

Let's keep at it class.......Thanks for coming and striving for life changing goals.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Delilah....welcome to the group. Hopefully this is the last one!
Definitely Green tea. It is awesome. Drink it like the Chinese do.....get a one pint flask, a couple of pinches of whatever leaves take your fancy (longjin and puer for me). Half boiling water, half cold. Let the leaves sink (a couple of little shakes to help them on their way) then drink and top up for the rest of the day/evening. Lots of water, a little caffeine, lots of antioxidants, you will feel great, trust me, after a week of this.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Day 7 woo hoo!
Old 12-08-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
I think Pelegrino helps me when I'm going thru the urge. I usually buy a few bottles on the weekend.

My main choice is water. I go thru a minimum of half a gallon a day and spend the majority of my life in the bathroom flushing all the fluids lol
Man....True-dat.

I really enjoy Pelegrino as well. I had some last Wednesday kicking off my first day and it really did the trick. We all know how challenging a day (1) is.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Wherever you are in the world, have a great day!

To a great group of people supporting each other and appreciating what life is all about:

Soberwolf - Thank you for stopping in each day and providing inspiration.
Earlyriser
Atxjoshua
Rivelino
Selfrespect
Leasha24
Daniel123
Yogini1603
Delilah1

CuteNGayYay
Camryn474
Ali123
GhostFace
McCartney
Highwind
SleepyDots
Soberjim
Applekat
Ubntubnt
Tans
Abraxas69
RedAndy
Jbmetzger
Nmd
Krisinwi
JJ9
Grendhar
Melki
MeHere
Snowbunting
ChickChick
Thomas59
SoberRunner
Worried75
Kirky
Sean30
Jsbodhi
julesonya
Ladybug2
DreamBig42
Forabetterlife
Jackie1214

....last but not least Dee

And thank you to all those that stop in periodically to provide inspiration as well.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

My av bothered me last evening. I did not listen to it.
I found once i go home and had some food the cravings passed.

It was so nice to get into bed knowing I made another day!. even better to wake up refreshed with no regrets.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Welcome, everyone.

Day 7 for me. I'm feeling much better. I did have several cravings last night but I planted my behind on the couch and settled for some mineral water.

Running errands today. Be back later. Have a nice day/night, all.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

hard day here - just getting out of bed 10:38am - feeling extremely down - but got to push forward. After all, I did this to myself and angered by family. 4 days - sober.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me, again. I'm beginning to worry about my health. It's a never ending cycle. Quit, slip, quit, slip. Need to make it stick this time.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

day 25 : was night shift last night and for next 3 . Iv'e prepared a meal for a visitor who's coming to see the Mrs tonight , the new Priest of all people . She deliberately asked him round on one of my work nights cos I don't cope well with visits like this ( social anxiety , I never quite know what to say to the likes of a priest ) . My daughter will be there too to make up the numbers . I see a couple of bottles of wine chilling but no resentment or twinges of poor me whatsoever .

I do hope he likes good old fashioned shepherds pie .
Old 12-08-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Day 1

I'd love to join the class! Day 1 for me. I'm so done with booze and poisoning myself.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
I'd love to join the class! Day 1 for me. I'm so done with booze and poisoning myself.
You're in my friend. Welcome and great decision.....
Old 12-08-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
day 25 : was night shift last night and for next 3 . Iv'e prepared a meal for a visitor who's coming to see the Mrs tonight , the new Priest of all people . She deliberately asked him round on one of my work nights cos I don't cope well with visits like this ( social anxiety , I never quite know what to say to the likes of a priest ) . My daughter will be there too to make up the numbers . I see a couple of bottles of wine chilling but no resentment or twinges of poor me whatsoever .

I do hope he likes good old fashioned shepherds pie .
Day (25) eh, that is sweet. Congratulations!
Old 12-08-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beautifulpines View Post
hard day here - just getting out of bed 10:38am - feeling extremely down - but got to push forward. After all, I did this to myself and angered by family. 4 days - sober.
Welcome back beautifulpines! You're off to another good start!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

My post earlier got jostled around. I have no idea how that happened.

It's supposed to read like this:
Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
All is well.....no signs of anything disconcerting. My AV taunted me a few times, but I read an article about refocusing and it's been working well. I just focus on the first or second (or third if I'm looking at the carpet) thing I see, and then I free my thought process to evolve around what I'm looking at. It's been working.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
Well if I am honest I hadn't eaten since 8am which was a little silly. I need to eat more to help prevent further cravings. Lesson learned.
Yes! This has been huge for me! At the moment I'm having three meals a day and snacks in between. I'm underweight so trying to embrace a big appetite
Old 12-08-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abraxas69 View Post
Hi Yogini, nice to meet a fellow gamer here :-) I'm playing Fallout 4 and the new Tomb Raider - got them as a bundle with the console on Black Friday. I was finding my most difficult moments were when I was bored and nothing to do, so for now at least it is a big help. Especially in the late evening as I used to crash out about 10pm or so, but now find I can't go to bed until at least midnight. No alcohol and no cigarettes sure does mean a lot of time on your hands that takes some getting used to! Hopefully I'' find more noble causes to fill my time with in the near future (lol) but for now this suits me just fine
I have Fallout 4 and it has properly freaked me out. I have played it but it makes me so anxious. I need to get a Crash Bandicoot or a Croc!

I agree, I feel like I have a lot of free time too. So far I'm doing a lot of laundry. No idea what I'll do when all the clothes are clean!