Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 9

Old 11-26-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Getting my daily post in with 7min to spare.
Had a nice day and a busy day. Ate way too much. Found sparking cranberry juice. Yum. I also saw sparking apple cider as SG mentioned. I'll have to try that. And sparking mango which looks good too. Definitely like how light and crispy cranberry was.

See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Getting my daily post in with 7min to spare.
Had a nice day and a busy day. Ate way too much. Found sparking cranberry juice. Yum. I also saw sparking apple cider as SG mentioned. I'll have to try that. And sparking mango which looks good too. Definitely like how light and crispy cranberry was.

See ya'll tomorrow.
The sparkling cranberry is awesome. Went through a few bottles of that yesterday. Also, sparkling pomegranate is excellent too.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

And as I predicted, almost a full bottle of wine left in the fridge. I don't understand normal people. Who leaves an open bottle of wine??
Old 11-27-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Lol SG.

I bought wine for my GF for thanks giving dinner. I figured she'd want a few glasses because she's been stressed and working working a lot. There was still half a bottle left from the last one she bought TWO WEEKS AGO!
Old 11-27-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

There's been a half bottle of red on my side board for a month. Normies are a strange breed!!
Old 11-29-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
I think I have posted before that my wife has exactly one glass, 3 nights a week then throws the rest of the bottle and opens a new one the following weekend. When I was drinking she used to have to open a new bottle every time she wanted a glass. At least it was fresh. Gotta laugh I suppose.

I go for decent periods now not even thinking about drinking. Wow. Every day is a new one and brings its own challenges but hey we've come a long way baby!

Anyway, I really hope you all had a very peaceful thanksgiving. It's a good time to reflect and be thankful.

Best wishes to all who post or just read this thread
OMD
Old 11-29-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Feeling weak today. Busted my rump off last few days. Good day for Netflix binge. Thinking about trying to get hooked on a series I never tried. Or I might actually try to catch up on Walking Dead. I saw a few seasons of that and liked it.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I'm going to try Last Man On Earth. A friend just recommended it and it sounds interesting...
Old 11-29-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

And we have a winner. Thanks Amp. Half way through 1st episode and I'm hooked.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Wow...I had to walk away after going through 5 or 6 episodes. Now I'm feeling I have too much to do.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I just watched the first two episodes. Haven't laughed so much watching TV for some time... Half past midnight here so time to turn in! Hasta maņana!
Old 11-29-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
Hi all,

I go for decent periods now not even thinking about drinking. Wow. Every day is a new one and brings its own challenges but hey we've come a long way baby!

OMD
I too go decent periods now not even thinking about drinking. In a way, I sometimes wonder if I wasn't visiting these boards every day if I would think about drinking at all. I don't think I'm quite strong enough to go that route yet.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I don't think much about drinking though it is often in the background in certain situations. I mostly think about recovery and all the benefits it has brought with it
Old 11-30-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hi everybody! I've been so busy with life it's such a busy time for us.

Amp: I remember your story from earlier days...it's a nice feeling to know that you helped change someone's life.

I've been feeling overwhelmed and stressed out lately. Don't know why, but we've been super busy. The other night, I caught myself saying that I could go for a nice glass of wine to chill out. First time I had those thoughts in a long, long time. I talked myself out of it very quickly, it's just not a place I want to be in. With the holidays coming and with our busy winter coming up, it's going to be stressful, and I know drinking will only make it worse. I need to plan for stress relief. What do you guys to take the edge off in a healthy way? I'm just so tired and drained.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

When you're tired and drained it's hard to find the energy to do exercise which is my usual solution! I've been a bit washed out too. I found a combination of good TV, tea and chocolate and a blanket on the sofa really helped!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

^ THAT

Amen to that. Wished I had grabbed a blanket and chocolate when I binged Last Man on Earth.

Now I feel like I missed an opportunity to REALLY kick back. But hey...was nice to chill and watch a funny show.

Started new job today. On lunch now in fact.

And I'm moving. Found a nice apartment. Condo style. Pretty sweet place.

So...in busy. It'll be a while before I can grab a blanket, some chocolate, tea and kick back!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
^ THAT

Started new job today. On lunch now in fact.

And I'm moving. Found a nice apartment. Condo style. Pretty sweet place.

So...in busy. It'll be a while before I can grab a blanket, some chocolate, tea and kick back!
You really are a crazy SOB starting a retail management job four weeks before Christmas! Good luck to ya, lol! At least you know what you are getting into.

Congrats on the new apartment. It will be nice coming home to a place that makes you happy and has no drinking memories attached to it.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Hi everybody! I've been so busy with life it's such a busy time for us.

Amp: I remember your story from earlier days...it's a nice feeling to know that you helped change someone's life.

I've been feeling overwhelmed and stressed out lately. Don't know why, but we've been super busy. The other night, I caught myself saying that I could go for a nice glass of wine to chill out. First time I had those thoughts in a long, long time. I talked myself out of it very quickly, it's just not a place I want to be in. With the holidays coming and with our busy winter coming up, it's going to be stressful, and I know drinking will only make it worse. I need to plan for stress relief. What do you guys to take the edge off in a healthy way? I'm just so tired and drained.
It is such a difficult time of year filled with stress and the darkness each day kicks my SAD off. I am sitting under my daylight lamp now trying to overcome the blues. My seasonal depression has been so much better this year not drinking. Imagine the logic-not drinking gallons of a natural depressant is helping my depression! Amp is right about trying to find time to exercise too. I had a fleeting thought that a big ole rum and coke would really dust off the cobwebs in my brain. I quickly pushed that thought away by remembering my last day drinking. It really is shocking how the AV makes you forget the bad times. I'm reading Rational Recovery now, and the Beast concept really makes sense to me now.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Fleeting thoughts is pretty good, I think, Stargazer. I haven't had any real urge to drink since my wife's birthday when I really fancied a glass of good wine with the amazing dinner at the restaurant. But it was the same as the cheesecake and coffee... I mean, I really felt like having them too but decided it wasn't a good idea....and I'm not addicted to Cheesecake and coffee. To get to a level where you can make a choice without it being a trauma is pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding depression and anxiety, autumn is normally a bad time for me and Christmas not good at all but this year I'm pretty up a lot of the time. I don't know if that's directly related to sobriety but I'm guessing it is. So many reasons to be grateful for. Certainly worth going without a few glasses of wine!!!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

SG...I'll have to look up Rational Recovery. What is the beast thing about? Is that where you treat your AV as a monster?