SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2015 Part 9 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/377885-class-april-2015-part-9-a.html)

Dee74 10-22-2015 02:53 PM

Class of April 2015 Part 9

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-8-a-20.html

D

Incontrol15 10-22-2015 03:01 PM

Ahhh...it's like walking in fresh snow and being the first to leave tracks. Or, for those who never experienced that...like being the first to leave prints on a beach ;)

SwimKim12 10-22-2015 08:32 PM

Hi, All. Just a quick check-in. Been feeling great. Work has been very busy but I've been motivated and it feels good to get things accomplished. Friday already tomorrow! Thinking about you guys and hope you are well!

Incontrol15 10-23-2015 07:49 AM

That's awesome Swim! Imagine how'd you feel today if you drank last night! No motivation for sure. Other than finding a drink to deal with the misery.

There's a great post in Newbies for those who may not have seen it..."Reasons to drink today."

It's full of sarcastic reasons why it's a good idea. Hilarious. Brings a smile to my face every single day.

Getting my son tonight. Can't wait. I miss him.

Here's how God works.
I noticed this morning according to my Quit App, I had saved $930 so far. I thought how nice would it be if I actually had that money. I shoot over to my bank app to see if I had enough money for gas today, and wouldn't ya know it...I had a $930 deposit!!!

Thank you God!

stargazer016 10-23-2015 10:03 AM

Hey Cee,

How are you doing? Hope you are well. We miss ya!

stargazer016 10-23-2015 10:08 AM

Glad everyone is doing well!

Doing lots of yard work the last few weeks and will have some people over tonight to sit around a fire. I actually had to go buy some beer this morning. I used to drool looking over all of the microbrews and craft beers available now. Today, it was just in and out, like I was picking up a gallon of milk.

None for me today. I will be playing with fire and sharp things!

Have a great day everyone!

Cauliflower 10-23-2015 11:08 AM

Mike, that is amazing isn't it! I like to look for little miracles everyday.
I am grateful to live in a country where I can leave footprints on a beach on day and in snow the next!

It's pouring rain today, I'm still in my Pj's and have not done a darn thing but post here. I have sew my son's name bar on his hockey jersey before we leave this afternoon for his hockey game, so I am off for now.

Take care everyone and have a fantastic sober weekend!

Incontrol15 10-23-2015 11:42 AM

Lol...fire and sharp things.

Good for you with the beer shopping. I am the same way...I see the booze and it no longer calls me. Which is awesome. But we just can't get so comfortable that we have a beer.

Based on your posts, looks like your already aware of what that'll lead to. One beer tonight leads to 1 beer tomorrow then a 6pack next weekend, on and on.

Have a great night SG. I find those events to be relaxing now. Maybe a little bit of wishing I could get drunk too. But not much. At the end of it I feel almost euphoric for going to bed sober!

Enjoy.

Dee74 10-23-2015 02:46 PM

Happy weekend everyone :)

D

OMD 10-24-2015 08:07 AM

Hi all,
Just a quick hello from me. I hope you're all enjoying your weekends!

I must be having post 6 month celebration blues. Not really wanting a drink I suppose, just a bit down. It's probably nothing to do with drinking, just work and other stuff. Ah well, will stop rambling and I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow!

Have a good one!

OMD

stargazer016 10-24-2015 09:48 AM

Had a great time last night around the fire pit as temps went from 60 to 40 degrees over a four hour period.

There were about 15 guests at my house. I had a cooler full of beer. Fully half the group did not drink at all. Of the others, only 1 person had more than one beer. I still can't imagine how someone can have one beer and just stop there. I would have first off, been drinking all day since I was off. Secondly, I would have been pounding drinks once everyone arrived.
It really amazes me how little "normal" people actually do drink and how many people don't drink at all. I always thought "normal" people drank like I did.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Angie247 10-24-2015 06:09 PM

Hi all. Feeling better today then I did yesterday. Spent a couple hours searching stores for the right hot dog costume for my son. He initially wanted to be Batman but then decided that he wanted to be a hot dog. Finally found one at Party Plus and he is thrilled. I was relieved to find it. He's with his dad today and I was happy to get out of the house and look for it. I think I ended up going to 5 stores while his dad was texting me stores that might have it. Stopped by their place briefly so they could see the costume. I also bought my son a Halloween shirt with Batman on it too. :)

I'll be 6 months sober this coming Tuesday. Feeling really good about that. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Incontrol15 10-24-2015 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by stargazer016 (Post 5612939)
. It really amazes me how little "normal" people actually do drink and how many people don't drink at all. I always thought "normal" people drank like I did.

Yup. Amazes me too.

Midton 10-25-2015 03:55 AM

Haven't posted here for a while. Today is my 50th. Feeling as resolute as I've ever felt in sobriety. Happy, content and able to deal with life without resorting to wine.

I still read the posts here and feel this has been a really successful group. A lot of people have done really well and a lot of bonding has been achieved. Your posts, whilst making me a little jealous:), also inspire me, it can/will be me in a few months time. Keep up the good work.

amp123 10-25-2015 04:07 AM

Hey guys!
Just touching base! Having a good few days with my brother and family. They're enjoying their holiday which means wine in the evenings, etc but it's not bothering me. I'm beginning to feel like a non-drinking person. Not too phased by other people enjoying a drink. This is progress!

We were hanging out after we put the kids to bed and the conversation got really funny. Can't remember last time I'd laughed so much. I kind if thought that maybe that only happened when I drank. Good to know that's still there!!

Have a good Sunday!

Dee74 10-25-2015 04:42 AM

Congrats Midton - and everyone else here hitting milestones :)

D

amp123 10-25-2015 07:34 AM

Good work Midton! Nice to see you coming by ;)

SwimKim12 10-25-2015 10:12 AM

Hi, All. Glad to hear you all are well! I'm having a relaxing (i.e. lazy) weekend and it is wonderful. I hear from the AV now and again and just play the tape through. Not going to happen! Two weeks sober today and I feel like I'm coming out of the funk that started in August.

Have a great one, everybody!

Incontrol15 10-25-2015 12:50 PM

Another sober day for me. Just wanted to get in a quick howdy do!

OMD 10-25-2015 03:38 PM

Hi all,
I am very glad everyone is doing well, and nice to see you stop by Midton!

Well I have something to report today. Back in August I didn't do a sporting event because I couldn't have swum the distance. I now can :) I still have a long way to go to hit my ultimate target but while I was drinking I never even got started. Plus I went for a good bike ride today. So I suppose you would say this is what happens when you stop drinking. What's not to like? Although I did think briefly about a drink earlier I am reminded of what a friend said about maybe I am just better off without it. The context was "celebrating" my sporting day - nicely ironic I thought.

Big week at work this week folks. Why would I want to tackle it hungover?

Take care all

OMD