View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Hi everybody! I've been so busy with life it's such a busy time for us.

Amp: I remember your story from earlier days...it's a nice feeling to know that you helped change someone's life.

I've been feeling overwhelmed and stressed out lately. Don't know why, but we've been super busy. The other night, I caught myself saying that I could go for a nice glass of wine to chill out. First time I had those thoughts in a long, long time. I talked myself out of it very quickly, it's just not a place I want to be in. With the holidays coming and with our busy winter coming up, it's going to be stressful, and I know drinking will only make it worse. I need to plan for stress relief. What do you guys to take the edge off in a healthy way? I'm just so tired and drained.
It is such a difficult time of year filled with stress and the darkness each day kicks my SAD off. I am sitting under my daylight lamp now trying to overcome the blues. My seasonal depression has been so much better this year not drinking. Imagine the logic-not drinking gallons of a natural depressant is helping my depression! Amp is right about trying to find time to exercise too. I had a fleeting thought that a big ole rum and coke would really dust off the cobwebs in my brain. I quickly pushed that thought away by remembering my last day drinking. It really is shocking how the AV makes you forget the bad times. I'm reading Rational Recovery now, and the Beast concept really makes sense to me now.