Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 5

Old 10-12-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Secretdrinker View Post
Don't feel so blah anymore, so thank you!!
Hi, SD! I'm so glad that you are feeling better. And brava to you for the decisions you've made. It really does make me think about how not drinking is the first step--an important one, of course, but that there is a lot that we have to do once we put down the bottle. Avoiding triggering places and people is part of that. xo
Old 10-12-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charliesworld View Post
Hi long time no speak again! I'm finding it harder than I thought to keep logging in here to keep up. e.
Nice to hear from you, CW. Hang in there: I know that it can be hard when others around us seem to have the "good stuff." Sometimes in that situation I find it useful to do my own inventory, and remind myself that I have some good stuff too. Right now, sobriety is high on the list
Old 10-12-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Wow this thread is full of real life, emotions, tribulations, it's hard to keep up with everyone and read it all but wow....

3wolves - your partner is amazing, you stopped yourself but he was like a guardian angel too, wow...

Midtown - I know the feeling, I feel pi$$ed off I cannot drink, why not? I want to! Picture a 2 year old having a tantrum, that's me...

SD - glad I made you smile, see we're all here for each other, this place is powerful!

Matilda - I love the film Matilda, have you seen it? Such a cute kid, I picture her when I read your posts!

Well, I'm struggling with mind games at the moment, I guess it's the AV trying to sell a drink or a bottle to me as "just one night off"...

After looking at but not buying wine yesterday I left the shop and bumped into someone I told last week I had a drinking problem, I immediately felt guilty, wanted to hide, felt like it was written all over my face.

I promise now to post here before I drink. I will converse with you guys before I pick up. I will not drink today.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey Matilda! Morning to ya
Forever, glad you fought through those cravings! Small wins all add up and will be a huge win! Hugh give!
Still praying for a couple of you having some crisis in your lives. I pray you'll keep strong. Those are the hardest times but that alcohol will only make you feel worse.
Everybody else keep going strong! I'll catch up more in a bit!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone
Another day. Things are good...boring and calm. I really don't have anything to report but I just wanted to check in. Yoga this morning as usual. My back is still bad but that's the usual as well. Sheesh...uh, I got nothin! Really that's a good thing.
I started a Ketogenic diet...only on day 3. Maybe its in my head but I seem to have not a trace of booze thinking. Most of the time drinking or not drinking is just kind of 'there'. Its not a white knuckle thing, its just there, as a concept. But yesterday I didn't think about it at all and had to remind myself to log in. Who knows. Its a good thing however.
Oh I just realized yesterday was officially 4 months. Ok. Well. Everyone hang in there. There is nothing worth drinking 'over'.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning guys, I am happy to see everyone seems to be doing well for the most part! For me, today is my day 43 and I'm just cruising right along at the moment, I just realized that thoughts of drinking/not drinking haven't been on my radar at all these last few days so am happy about that. I've been busy with the kids as well as various house projects we've got going on. As we approach the end of the month I plan on keeping closer to SR, as my two previous attempts at sobriety both came to a screeching halt at 2 months in. And I wasn't even struggling exactly, it was more a split second decision to pick up and take a drink. Stupid, stupid. Not gonna do that this time around!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Excuse my auto-correct on my phone. It has a huge sense of humor these last few days. Dang thang. I posted "hugh give" supposed to be "HIGH FIVE" for ya there, Forever!
Frick, 4 months is awesome! Yoga and dieting are great too! Doing better than me. I've always watched my weight (former entertainer here) but I stopped doing tae-bo and I really need to get into it again. It feels good to sweat and kick some imaginary be-hind!
Sleepy, excellent job on 43! that's a big deal! You're doing great...keep going and stay strong!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! Last night I was at work late and let myself sleep in. Snuggled in bed with the dogs and watched the sun come up. Ah that felt good. I'm now enjoying that sober sleep pretty regularly. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night, I can roll back over and fall asleep, or lay there peacefully for a bit before I drift. None of that jerked wide awake, heart pounding, face sweating nonsense. Ugh, I don't miss that.

Work is going well. I'm getting a lot done and even though it has been very busy, I feel very calm and centered.

One other small thing. My partner is having a bit of a go right now with work and some family stuff. So nice to be able to be a support to him--usually he is the one propping me up a bit; feels good to return the favor.

That's all I got! Hope all of you are well!
Old 10-13-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Today is day 30 for me. When I started that was my goal. It wasn't too many days in when I realized that was dumb. I'm in for the long haul now, meaning for ever. Booze never made my life any better. I also know that being sober is not going to solve all my problems. But it'll sure help me work on the problems I have.

I've suffered from depression since a teen. Medicated it with booze. I'm now looking forward to working on that with a sober brain. It'll be a long haul but at least I have a prayer now.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats jd, frick, sleepy dots, Key and anyone else fitting a milestone today - marvellous stuff
Old 10-13-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Jd 30 is amazing! Congrats!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I love a good day at work. I told my boss first thing that my village was restless. She offered to let someone come in and cover me. I stayed. I was able to stay busy. Villagers quieted down after awhile. We hadn't been home an hour when the grands called to come play. YES, I am sober. Come play! Sweet girl and I made paper plate masks while A whipped Mr 3 in a game of Chinese checkers. Beats him every time. Defiantly worth being sober for!
I go see Doc in the morning. She was very sweet on the phone. Asked if I needed inpatient treatment. I said no, not yet. She sees me in her home about three blocks away so the walk will do me good. She's been a Godsend to my family more than once. My schizophrenic, bi Polar son in law sees her every week. Rapport, trust and history is already there. I'm excited. She's good at making me examine and process life. She helped me thru the depression after our grandson died four years ago. I was drinking then as well. Looking back, I had a problem then, but I didn't admit it. All I saw was grief. Maybe I still do.
The deer are coming close to the house. I literally have 3 high content wolfies. All three are going bananas to go out. Pacing, howling and talking. Mr3 went out and threw a firecracker on the sidewalk to scare the deer off. I got the best show...all three acted like they had been shot and RAN to their kennels. Being sober, I am able to spend more time working with them. I laugh more. Not the drunken loud laughter...a good chuckle. They are easy to find and a joy to share.
Peace to everyone here.

Juno...ten more days!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Today I learned that a friend, who has been HIV positive for over 25 years, had to double her medicine since it seems, now, after all this time, not to be working. And her partner lost his job, too. Please keep them in your thoughts and, if you are so inclined, your prayers.

It is a reminder for me about blessings...
Old 10-13-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi all - glad to see so many doing well and really building up the sober time. I'm still doing well and on Day 3. No cravings, decent day. Hoping to get some yoga in soon I'm doing this - no more excuses. Yep, 10 days 3 Wolves!
Old 10-13-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 37, feeling ok, not up, not down, just stable, I'll take that : )))
Old 10-14-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Checking in day 22. X
Old 10-14-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday all. Big wave.
Time with doc went well. Things to think about, motives to examine as well as goals in handling stress. Cuts me no slack for drinking. Encouraging me to continue my walk to sobriety. Suggested I try the traditional AA path. I'm comfortable here. It's a small burb we live in. I've worked with the public here for over thirty years, I get stopped with hi how are you ten times at the grocers. Doc stresses the 'code' of trust and anonymity in those meetings. I don't drive any longer, so I would be dependent on someone to take me. With SR, I can sit down and log in. No need to put anyone else out.
So, Thanks all for being here.
Off to clean out the fridge and do laundry. Happy to be sober.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

3wolves glad you posted. You're on my mind. Hang in there (hug).
Congrats to everyone staying the course. It'll be worth it just hang in there!
Those struggling, one day at a time. Worry about today and what you can do different today. Tomorrow will be tomorrow and yesterday is over, can't change yesterday. Keep going everyone!
Old 10-14-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Sounds good 3wolves. Glad you had a talk with the doc. Solidifies it all more and more, the more it's out there.

One month for me today. Feeling good and just taking it a day at a time.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Congrats Arbor (high five-hug)!