Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 5

Old 10-14-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Great job, Arbor, on 3 months. 3wolves, I hope you have had a good day!

I'm doing well. It has been very hot here, so my evening ice cream is tasting particularly good

BusyBusy, and feeling great about it, rather than stressed, as I usually am. Getting so much done at work, and looking forward to my weekend away with my friend next week. I have already mentioned to him that I won't be drinking and I think having announced that will enable me to stay true to that.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good going everyone...

Day 38 here, I've ordered myself a little reward off eBay, I'll try and post a photo on here when it arrives, you'll love it ; ))))

Matilda, can you offer to drive in the evenings? Even if it's just to see a sunset or call in somewhere at say 9pm just to give yourself a focus?

"I WOULD RATHER GO THROUGH LIFE SOBER BELIEVING I AM AN ALCOHOLIC THAN GO THROUGH LIFE DRUNK TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF I'M NOT"
Old 10-15-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I'm glad everyone is doing well. Thought I'd check in. I'm in Mexico on my first business trip since quitting. I had a3 hour layover in Houston and sat at the gate across from the bar. It hit me as I was going to sleep last night that normally I would have sat there and had 2 probably 3 of those big beers they serve. I also had dinner with the guy I'm traveling with. He had 2 beers and I had mineral water. I felt a little self conscious about it but not that bad. So I made it another sober day!

Now off to work.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Great job, Arbor, on 3 months.
ONE month Matilda, but hey, thanks! Sounds like your doing well. You thinking AA or was that 3wolves? I've been, but stopped going due to time and family obligations. When things settle down a bit more I plan on going back (got a four month old in the house).

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
"I WOULD RATHER GO THROUGH LIFE SOBER BELIEVING I AM AN ALCOHOLIC THAN GO THROUGH LIFE DRUNK TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF I'M NOT"

I like your quote FF. Its all about acceptance so we can move forward.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

ForeverFuzzy, I missed your post somehow...congrats on 38 today sine I missed it yesterday! Proud for you! (Hug)
Missed Cameron yesterday...Hiya!
Matilda, glad youre staying busy
JD stay strong while in Japan
Hey Arbor!
(Hug) to all y'all! Anyone I may have missed...Hello!
Old 10-15-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
ONE month Matilda, but hey, thanks! Sounds like your doing well. You thinking AA or was that 3wolves? I've been, but stopped going due to time and family obligations. When things settle down a bit more I plan on going back (got a four month old in the house).
Whoops, sorry Arbor. Sometimes I read a long patch of posts at once and mix up folks' dates. a month is excellent!

I haven't been to AA and am not planning to for the moment, but know it is there if I cannot do this with my current plan and the support of SR.

Have a great day!
Old 10-15-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I'm glad everyone is doing well. Thought I'd check in. I'm in Mexico on my first business trip since quitting. I had a3 hour layover in Houston and sat at the gate across from the bar. It hit me as I was going to sleep last night that normally I would have sat there and had 2 probably 3 of those big beers they serve. I also had dinner with the guy I'm traveling with. He had 2 beers and I had mineral water. I felt a little self conscious about it but not that bad. So I made it another sober day!

Now off to work.
Good job, JD. Work travel was definitely an Achilles' heel for me--a chance to really tie one on with no one watching, Hope the business trip goes well and that you have some time for a little free time too.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning, all: Just getting started on day 37. Drinking my coffee...ah, it tastes good. Had a poor night's sleep, but as I like to say, the worst night of sober sleep is by far better than the best night of drunken sleep! I'm tired, but not wrung out.

FF, I won't have a car, so probably can't drive anywhere (flying somewhere for the weekend trip), but I think your idea is a good one. So far, I've told my friend, and I'm also packing my workout clothes for an early morning workout--we are staying somewhere posh, so it should have a nice gym.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

37 is awesome!
Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

JD well done, hope you're staying strong in Mexico / Japan / lol !!

I'm trying to upload a photo of my eBay purchase, it's just arrived, it only cost £2.99!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-4145719817.jpg (92.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-15-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Yay it worked, it's a pet tag that you can get engraved with anything, got the first date of my detox on one side and a cool quote on the other, I'm going to get more done, so cool, am really chuffed with it! It's going to go on my keyring: )))
Old 10-15-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Today sucks.
Can't stop crying.
I will not drink but if I have not been tempted before, today's the day.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Don't do it 3wolves...I know it's hard and the depression but it will make you feel even worse about yourself and your self-esteem (hug)
Old 10-15-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I didn't Key, thanks for the hug. Crying sober beats crying drunk. At least I can know my emotions, however turbulent, are mine, not alcohol. The stress of the looming court battle is consuming me...meditate, pray, read, walk, talk to my trusted friends and beloved Mr3. I'm doing all these things in what seems a never ending cycle. My grand in the court battle pulled one more stunt for dad.,he had the ten year old bring him all the bank receipts she could find. The text he sent her (dumb***) says that he is going to prove mom is hiding money. What K took him were the receipts from her paying her rent ... Because she gets paid weekly, they let her pay weekly. They were deposit slips into homeowners account. She can say NOTHING to K about what she found. So she screenshot everything and sent it to her lawyer. Won't he get a surprise in court when they try to use them. WHO DOES THIS TO THEIR TEN YEAR OLD??? Do you see why I'm just roiling inside? There is sooo much more. I could fill pages and no one would ever feel safe again. I'm breathing a little easier, calmer. Thank you all for being here. The moment I knew I was having the no one will know, Mr3 would understand conversation., blah blah blah....I went and sat on the curb and logged in here. You will never know how much I need to be here. Bless you all.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a funky little medal FF - congrats!

I'm sorry things are so hard 3wolves but I'm really inspired by the way you're determined to be there, sober, for those who need you

D
Old 10-15-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm glad you didn't drink. I know it's extremely difficult right now for you. I'll pray you stay strong. (Hug)
Old 10-15-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

3wolves, I'm so sorry. Sending you warrior woman strength. FF, love that medal--v. cool!!
Old 10-15-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Your kinship gives me strength.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

So sorry you and your family are going through all this,
3wolves. I'm really proud of you for not drinking.

Love that tag, fuzzy! Very inspiring.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 47

Sometimes these days I feel a bit like I've gone insane. I keep thinking I'm over drinking but then a little thought will appear. As I was traipsing around my apartment half naked, tearing out my hair, as one is wont to do on a day off work...it occured to me that I might be in a bar, well dressed, sipping some whiskey. And were it not for my abstinence perhaps this masked version of me would make some new friends, have a new adventure.

For it is an isolated and unhealthy life by many standards ,that I have lived, in the last 47 days. But the truth is its a measure of control. The masked man with this glass of whiskey often does great things, but I have made a choice to be the man in control. I haven't done much at ALL with that control. I just have it.

Well, I'll go for a walk. Listen to my audiobook. Try to work things out bit by bit.

Its tough. I really am a person who has always thrived in chaos. Take that away and I have no excuse for myself. Makes me rotten.