Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 12-08-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
9 hr day on the sleigh...downpouring rain & wind the first 2 hrs but let up after that.....delivering out in the sticks & can't tell you how many times the driver told me "up that hill". .

,... what a great workout !!!
Old 12-08-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Yeah TS, even my neck is sore....I'm not driving but check for traffic when we pull away from a stop, so think doing that 160 x a day (that is how many deliverys we had yesterday) is giving my neck a work out. I'm headed back out for another long day today & they told me when I called in this am that it looks like I will be working a lot....going to be a long month.
Good luck on exams Rocks....your going to do GREAT!! I bet you Are looking forward to some time off soon.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Wow, 160 deliveries! That is a good workout!
I've been sitting down most of the day, and my body needs to stretch. I'll get a bit of yoga in before bed tonight.

Hope everyone's had a good day.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Mariah...Was thinking about you making all those deliveries this afternoon while I was stretched out on that dang roof trying not to get soaked to the bone. Got that baby on the run now !
Can access the top ridge tomorrow and finish the remaining high spots,..

This particular job is kind of nice because, unlike everything else that needs pressure washing, ( the concrete drive ,or exterior painted walls, etc,)......this roof won't need to be done again. With the tree gone now , the areas of heavy black mold could only survive our 98* days under the shade of it's evergreen branches just a foot or two off the surface.

Not much going on here tonight,..... need an earlier start tomorrow !!
That's for sure. May fire up the pit for a couple days to clear this place up,

I'm a little hesitant,.. only because of all the new birds these downed trees seem to be attracting.

,,,...and the feral cats from next door are prowling.

a regular zoo.

Hope everyone's off to another wonderful sober week !
Old 12-08-2015, 10:45 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nice job TS.....be careful up there when you finish tomorrow! The joy of home ownership!

Ready to call it a day....worked a little over 8 hrs, came home & went to the gym to soak in jacuzzi, which felt great. Have some major wind here tonight....blew the tree over on the front porch.

I' ve been doing a lot of thinking about things.....my sobriety, my future, acceptance. Will try to explain my thoughts when I'm not so tired I guess. Glad to be lying my head down sober again tonight.

Hope your doing OK Up...how is your step Mom doing?
Old 12-08-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

You're all working so hard, I'm feeling like a slacker! I'm trying to do a bit outside everyday, but it's cold and dark, and indoors its warm - so there's not much incentive.

Mariah, hope the tree hasn't done any damage.
Tops, great to hear you're making such progress with that pressure washer.

Sounds like you both deserve a good night's sleep.

I've just finished my morning workout, and ready to hit the shower.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Was just my Christmas tree Freein but we have a flood warning in affect here & sounds like the wind last night has caused power outages & im sure some downed trees this am.

Headed back out today....the last time I had a job this physically demanding was 18 years ago. I will be in tip top shape going into the new year....if I survive this!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post

Headed back out today....the last time I had a job this physically demanding was 18 years ago. I will be in tip top shape going into the new year....if I survive this!
Wow Mariah,...what a swe..eeet turn of events ! Full body workouts everyday ,...and ya get paid for it too !!

Freein, .. our fearless fitness leader ,....you're no slacker ,!

Was able to refasten the metal ridge cap today ( apparently the tree branches had been pulling it loose in sections )

And finished up pressure washing before dark !
May call work and see if the hot tub is still 104* ,.....could really use it right about now.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Awesom TS!! Mission accomplished!

Had a dog come onto the truck & grab my foot, luckily I had a heavy duty boot on & the owner was there to pull him out. Doesn't sound like there is much chance this will end in a permenant position at the plant either, so I will "buck up" and finish the month out ending my stint as a delivery driver helper. I have an idea for a business & Am going to seriously be exploring that as I'm sick of working my ass off to make a lousy buck.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

How big a mutt was it ?

Old 12-09-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Big TS...big black demon dog
Old 12-09-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

That must have been a bit scary, Mariah. Glad to hear you're ok. Over here the owner could be prosecuted, do you have similar laws there?

Great work on finishing the pressure washing, Tops. Will you allow yourself a rest over Christmas?

I'm planning a few projects - just stuff around the house and garden, to tidy it all up a bit. Only a week left after this week, then I'm off work for two whole weeks!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hey fools

She's not doing well. Thanks for asking. I don't know if she knows what's really wrong and won't tell us or is afraid to keep going to the doctor to find out. I don't think she has much time left.

I'm here, clean and sober so ....
Old 12-10-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Up, ...sorry to hear that .

Freein, ..it'll be nice to have your place all cleaned up when your vacation days start,.... isn't it great to be sober !!?

Speakin' of sober , ...I may have to make a concerted effort to find out what social services can offer Charlie in the way of some place to rehab. Not so sure about him killing himself with the booze around my place. Pretty sure his ex wife keeps him working for her cleaning co. ,....and when he ( inevitably )drinks , she drops him off at my place.
I'm not talkin' about some kind of "functional" alcoholic describing Charlie,.....he's def. not that kind of drinker. I'll probably be in a good position to make him "an offer he can't refuse " ,...since he probably trust me, ..and has no place left to go.

I'll keep y'all updated on that messy scene !

Freein, ...work has me scheduled Christmas Eve and NY eve,....and to work both Christmas night and NY's night,......that means I actually work twice on Christmas and twice on New Years day !! ( if ya count the 12am -2am on the eve's )
And to boot they have me on call 4 hours in the day because the day staff leaves early on both eves. It can get crazy around here on NY eve !!

They compensate me with extra vacation hours when I work holidays,....no extra money. Like a normal workplace would !?! lo ,....lo

Mariah, ....that was some old time classic phrasing you were usin',.....the part beginning with :
"I'm sick of ,......... "

,...and ending with

" lousy buck "

I think it's even been in a few movies !?

On the Waterfront,....Grapes of Wrath ,maybe ?

I'm in solidarity with ya sister !!
Old 12-10-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I went gentle with the phrases yesterday was so relieved when driver called me this am & said he didn't need me....it has pored down rain here all night & a lot this afternoon with more on the way...creeks & rivers swelling. I have barely moved off the couch today.

Will be hoping Charlie looks at a rehab TS...no way to live. Sounds like you have a busy schedule coming up!

Sorry to hear Step Mom is not doing well UP..be good to yourself & just try & spend as much time with her you can.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Glad you got some R & R today Mariah,...

It was slow going pruning and loading the fir pit today,..

......... kinda beat up from the time on the ridge yesterday, ( even though I was wearing some heavy winter PJ's under my jeans, I should've gone with my cycling shorts too !! )

Old 12-10-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

UP, sorry to hear that your step mum is still so poorly. I hope you can both spend some quality time together over the coming weeks.

Tops, that's a harsh schedule over the holidays. How will you get enough sleep? The sooner you can cut some hours the better. Imho, human beings have no business being up after dark. If our neighbours wake me up with fireworks on NY eve, I want to shout out of the window "its dark! why aren't you in bed?"

I hope you'll be able to tweek your hours next year Tops.

Mariah, have you thought any more about your business idea? Working for yourself must feel very freeing. I'm sure it holds some of its own challenges though.

Just finished an abs workout this morning - what bright spark invented the plank? Goodness, that's a tricky move. How can staying still require so much effort?

Friday morning here, let's finish this week strong.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Welcome to the weekend !!
Hope everyone has a good one.

Using my last 3 vacation days starting tomorrow ,...or today actually ,.. Sat.

Hopefully the yard will be cleaned up by the time I take off for Tennessee Sunday. Had the fire pit going strong for about 5 hours before work tonight.

Made contact on the phone tonight with a couple AA guys I never met,....will get a little advice about addressing the situation with Charlie at a meet up tomorrow.

Active drunks got a blind way of worryin' folks that ought not be,....

Old 12-11-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Home sweet home! 1/2 way through Grandma boot camp! The next 2 weeks should be a humdinger! Spent the evening with Son doing a bit of shopping...treated myself to a pair of fleece pj bottoms.

No big plans for the weekend...missing Grandsons so definitely want to see them.

Great going Freein on staying consistent with your exercise routine! keet it up!
Old 12-11-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Enjoy your time TS...you deserve it!!