Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 23

Old 12-15-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Afternoon all,
1.45 at the desk...

No worries there Dee, if I was going any slower I'd be going backwards here. Just having a good time with the kids now....! Youtube history of rock lessons and Tom and Jerry cartoons....... my popularity is back...!

Hi Freein: Yes I do have a plan. DO NOT DRINK...! Posting, exercise, yoga and maybe a couple of meditation classes...

I'm feeling solid, quite a bit of each day directed towards recovery, mental and physical health and above all vigilance on the AV....

stay tuned......
Old 12-15-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good show Obo
Old 12-15-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

That's fabulous Obo, you sound great!

I love the thought of mediation classes.

I'm on track with my health and fitness plans, can't wait to start 2016 strong. What a difference 20 months can make.

Have a great day all.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nice Obo....glad you two are on a down hill slide to some time off the work horse!

10 hr work day for me yesterday & probably another long one today. I had to remind myself more than a few times that this is only temporary. Woke this am with massive headache, hangover type headach, took a pain med I had left over from shoulder injury.....a bit better now but I am going to lie back down & hope it goes away before my driver calls me.

Don't know the exact date of last time I drank but I think I have around 5 weeks again....love my sober life. Have good day/night all!
Old 12-16-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hope the headache has gone, Mariah.

I agree, sober living is the best!
Old 12-16-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Peeps only had to work 5 hrs today, Thank God. Can't wait for this week to be over. Looks like rain for the next week here so am sure that will cause some major flooding with rivers & creeks already high from last weeks rain & snow. We really need it so I guess I should t complain.

I reached out privately to someone today that is still suffering & I know must be feeling a lot of shame & guilt because of it. He doesn't know me but felt compelled to offer support & hope that things can change. I have a Niece too that I'm so worried for....she is angry & hateful towards this side of the family & won't let my Brother see her kids, whom we are all really worried about. Children's Services have been contacted in the past & again recently, not sure by who, but she blames that on this side of the family & with that she has cut ties with all of us & doesn't allow any of us contact with the kiddos. I pray for her, that God guides her to help & to watch over them all.

Tea time have a great Thursday everyone!!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

That's a difficult and very sad situation, Mariah. I hope things improve for your brothers family.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the end of the week too. Just one last push and then we can relax a bit.

I'm hoping that I can tie up all the loose ends today. By this evening I should be finished for the year. What a great thought.

I love this time of year, New beginnings, fresh hopes.
The years go by so quickly these days, it's too easy to let life pass us by. 2016 is the year for me to sort out my work life, I want to enjoy work much more than I do.
Maybe find a way to work from home?

See you later.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

LAST DAY 2015....!!!!!!!

Smiling today.........
You little beauty, holidays with the family for 13 days.

I've only been segregated, officially warned, called in for interview, required to submit a written explanation of obscene language.........

THEY DONT KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE I QUIT DRINKING....!

bloody ingrates.....

anyway we're trying not to think like that around here anymore.....it's all about gratitutude and vigilence!

It's friday, in for the bargain here....

I hope all are well and can box through the next couple of weeks.....

Ill be around, keeping accountable and real.....

stay tuned......
Old 12-17-2015, 10:17 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

I'm on holiday too! What a great feeling.

I had a present from a colleague at work yesterday, a bottle of drink, wrapped up. I felt a bit hurt, because I was sure she knew I didn't drink. Anyway, I passed it to my OH when I got home, and we opened it thinking we could pass it on to someone else. It was spiced apple juice! How great was that! She'd been really thoughtful after all.
I'll be doing a bit more Christmas shopping this afternoon, then hopefully start wrapping tonight. I'm feeling much happier now I have some time off. It can be brutal working right up til Christmas day.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Obo you're right, they should be relieved you're sober, it can only get better next year!
Old 12-17-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Yes, much better after I've left.....!
Old 12-17-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Freein,....well, what a great Christmas gift, ,...thoughtful too !

..they must have a good sense of humor..

Got back in town this afternoon with 15 minutes to spare before work,
tonight,.... fun times with those three little girls ! Obo,...you've got such wonderful and unexpected experiences to look forward to.

Mariah ,.. raining like mad here tonight also, .....it's flooding already !

... nothing but steady rain the 8 hour trip south today

Hope everyone has a great weekend ,... sounds like a good start with the holidays starting already ,..
Old 12-18-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you had some quality time with the little ones, Tops.

It's been a good day here, really getting in to the Christmas spirit at last!
Old 12-19-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

A quick "post n dash" before heading off to my parents.

Had a great workout this morning, and still not yet 6.30 am. I really think my energy levels are increasing bit by bit. It's hard to tell when you live with yourself every day.

I need to keep a healthy mind set throughout Christmas, because there will be alcohol in the house. I've discussed my concerns with OH, but he's adamant about having wine and sherry this Christmas. It's such a shame, because I thought that he too was enjoying this sober life.

I'll be keeping vigilant over the next few weeks, and definitely finish this year strong.
Hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great day Freein
I'm sorry that OH wants booze in the house, but I have faith that you can deal with whatever Xmas brings.

Just in case anymore of the Fools are going offline, I want to wish Happy Holidays to you all

D
Old 12-20-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Happy Holidays to you too Dee !

Freein,....wonderful direction you're taking.
My daughter ask me a few months ago if it would bother me if she and her husband had wine at dinner one night,.... of course I'm allergic to wheat,...so it seems kind of easy not to sweat them drinking a glass of wine somehow. Since they eat bread all the time !,...and I refuse to eat man made sugar ,...again , they love the stuff !!
It's kinda funny in a way,....

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world,,,... never having to use those three things as a "food group "anymore ,...so to speak. It's wa.aaaymore fun eating "real" food.
....and never having to worry about getting big as a house again !?!

Busy day, .... stacking more wood and cutting more logs before work,..and work tonight was the busiest shift this year. It's always like this Christmas week because the office staff leave early ( for some reason !??)

It'll warm up later, ,,,.. the ride home on the scooter was brisk,...it's 38* tonight. Brrrrr !

Happy Holidays everyone !
Old 12-20-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

That's exactly how I've come to see things too, Tops. My OH eats meat, and I don't think I'm missing out, so why make myself feel hard done by if he drinks and I don't?

I would like him to see alcohol for what it is though, and not choose to give his hard earned money to such a abhorrent (imo) cause.

Dee, will you be around over Christmas, or will you be taking a break?

Happy Christmas to anyone who might be off line for the festivities!

I'll be around each day, just to keep checking in, and keeping my head in the right place.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Just waking up here Sunday am. I pushed things on the route Friday, sprinting a little more along the way & woke yesterday completely exhausted. I did manage to make arrangement with my Niece to get all 4 kiddos last night , borrowed another Niece's mini van & picked up my Mom & all went out to look at Christmas lights. We ended up seeing two big rigs dazzled in lights that must have been in a parade somewhere, & the baby girls seemed to love the outing! I have t seen the older two much & was so good to see them & invited them to come spend a few days with me when this job is over after next week. I have some beautiful shoes I wore to my Sons wedding that are a "glass slipper" & I told my niece several years ago that they are hers when she grows into them...the first thing she asked when she came over last night was if I still had her shoes & wanting to know if she could try them on she did & said "almost". I told her they will probably fit when she is about 16 & she can wear them to prom.

Not doing much today, getting package ready to mail off to someone special tomorrow & fixing an easy but fabulous spaghetti dish to take out to kiddos this afternoon as a gift...otherwise going to take it easy before I head into 5th ' most brutal round tomorrow! Driver told me Friday to expect this week to be a busy one. The only way i am managing to face this week is knowing it will be the last. Upside is, I have not had legs this nice for about 15 years

Merry Christmas Fools.....sober celebrating out there!!!!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

HAPPY HOLIDAYS......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My whole physical body is about 10% lighter and about 40% lighter in my head....

I hope all the fools are well!
Closing down another year always makes me a fraction emotional....

Went out to dinner last night with a few of the wifes freinds, Indian.... They were ordering drinks and the smart mouth of the lot asked if I'd like a glass of milk..... I laughed as I thought that was pretty funny....!
2 years ago I would have taken his head off......

PROGRESS.

stay tuned........................
Old 12-20-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by obosob View Post

Went out to dinner last night with a few of the wifes freinds, Indian.... They were ordering drinks and the smart mouth of the lot asked if I'd like a glass of milk..... I laughed as I thought that was pretty funny....!
2 years ago I would have taken his head off......

PROGRESS.

stay tuned........................

progress ,...indeed !