Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 19

Old 08-22-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I love cookies warm from the oven with a glass of cold milk.

Did a good bit of outside work today to stay busy. The AV is trying to get my attention the last week or so for some unknown reason. Just a phase I guess. But at least I got a tan to show for it.

Hope the party went well Briar and that the weekend is progressing nicely for everyone.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am guessing you don't do the kitchen cleanup, Mark.

Actually, daughter has done well. Cleaned up the bowls and is now decorating her cookies. And, she is not pestering her brother. Win!
Old 08-22-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I don't think cookies around this house are ever from scratch. So it's pretty much just the baking sheet. I bet your kind of cookies are better. We had these little cookie things called macaroons that I really liked on this last trip. I wonder if they come slice and bake?

Edit to add that I do clean up after myself when I make breakfast. Well I put it all in the dishwasher. That counts right?
Old 08-22-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

She is still working on decorating and cleanup. She is tired! The cookies are good! She wanted to do flowers, but had to make do with cookie cutters on hand. She ordered a few spring/summer ones.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

They look excellent phoebe!!! Looks like your daughter has inherited your cooking skills!

I looked up slice and bake macaroons Mark, but couldn't find any. You may have to get adventurous, and bake them yourself.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

There goes the 3 pounds I lost this week.

I seem to find them every weekend!

Thanks, V! I will tell her my cyber friends are impressed. I. Wish we could share!
Old 08-22-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I'd be jealous if I hadn't already eaten 12 pounds of cake today. And hotdogs. Woo!

The party was awesome. My daughter freaked out when she saw the bouncy princess castle in the driveway. She spent at least three quarters of the party in there, only emerging for a quick lunch, cake, and presents. I do have some cute pics, but I need to resize and edit them. Maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow is actually my birthday, but of course it is completely eclipsed by my daughter's. Not sure what we'll do. Honestly, we'll probably just lounge around and eat leftover cake.

Which doesn't sound all that bad, right?

'night!
Old 08-22-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

So glad your little one loved her party Briar!

Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! You have lots to celebrate.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'll take the cookie with the blue dots please. A piece of that birthday cake would be good too.

It's fun to see your daughter with such joy isn't it Briar. Especially with no tainting of the day from alcohol and scooting into the garage for a few gulps (that's what I usually did anyway). Just a day all about your little one.....great memories there. I'm so happy for you and hope your birthday is a good one.

Thanks for trying to find the macaroons for me V. I do have a sweet tooth, but truth be told I don't eat them very often. About once per week and then I generally follow up with a run to burn it off.

Well I can't go to the gym yet because the card scanner to let me in is broken and the front desk staff doesn't get there until later. That forces me to relax over coffee while the sun rises. Not a bad way to start the day I guess.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

A few gulps huh...for me it would have been at least three glasses (of wine) sculled very quickly. And then spending the next hour or so trying to pretend I wasn't drunk. Not that I have kids, but I was around kids a lot, and I did that. So so pathetic.

Thank God those days are behind me.

Enjoy your coffee and sunrise Mark.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I need your advice V. This little cat showed up yesterday in my backyard. She sits outside the patio doors and meows constantly...CONSTANTLY! Definitely not what I want to hear while I relax (nothing personal kitty).

If I feed it to make it hush I'm thinking it will figure it has found a home. My little one thinks it's cute.

Last edited by Mark1014; 08-25-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yes, you need to feed it. And water of course. And then maybe put its picture up on a few trees to see if it's lost...(and go door-to-door and ask people), and then you need to decide if you keep it, or take it to a shelter. That's what I would do.

It's so so cute!!!

(Hate calling it an it, but don't know if it's a boy or girl).

Good luck!!!! ♥
Old 08-23-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Ruh-Roh! Looks like you got a new pet, Mark!

Good morning and good evening yall! I'm up early with a little bit of much-needed rain. It's kinda gloomy looking, but what a precious sight. It sounds like everyone is having a great weekend so far! Those cookies are adorable, Phoebe! I'll take a zebra, please. And Briar's party sounds like a hit. I'd be in the bouncy house most of the time too. I ended up pushing the paperwork aside yesterday, just watched movies and laid around like a lump on a log most of the day. It rocked!

Happy birthday Briar!!!
Old 08-23-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well it's fed, but now it's fond of me. Got to find this thing a home a sap.

I didn't do office stuff yesterday either Conquest.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Aaaaaaaawwww!!! What a cutie!
Old 08-23-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'll bring it to you if you like.

Ok, off to the gym.....chest and tri day.....my favorite.

Have a great day.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Briar! My wife has the same issue in that my sons birthday is two days after hers. She seems to get overshadowed a bit now. Enjoy every minute of your day!

There's a stray around here Mark. I do not feed it because I know it would keep coming back. My neighbor fortunately has taken that responsibility.

Was supposed to rain here today, but looks like the sun is out for now. Gonna finish my last day off with some family time. Gonna cook a pork tenderloin later on the grill.

Enjoy the day all!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

How do you season it Arbor? I'd like to learn a way to grill that. I like sandwiches with it too.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Still can't get in the gym. Grrrrrrrrrr

So I tried a new breakfast. It is from Cook's Country and is called 'Impossible Ham and Cheese Pie'. Reminds me of quiche. Pretty good, but the type cheese it calls for is expensive imo.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Looks awesome, Mark. Is it like a crustless quiche? And, looks like you have a new friend! What does your dog think of the kitty?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Briar!!

Glad you enjoyed some R&R yesterday, Conquest.

Glad the party was a success, Briar. Pork tenderloin is popular with my family, Arbor.

I have some boneless chick thawing for dinner. Not sure what I will do with it. Marinate or rub it with something. I have some bagged salads on hand, maybe get corn for the kids.

Daughter took the early shift, this morning, but I could not really sleep in. I did stay in bed, but was restless. So, I am tired. Need to do some cleaning. My bedroom is a mess. It is where I tend to pile things that I pull from the kids' rooms and our closet, etc... I have some piles to donate. Been ages since I went wayyy under the bed with the vacuum. Fun stuff.