Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 19

Old 08-25-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Phoebe. I kept saying to my wife, "maybe he's cutting teeth already?" He was drooling some. My first son cut his at the four month mark. This would be way early if he was, but i would not be surprised as he doubled in size already. The docs say he's in the 95th percentile and looks like a four month old. Anyway, he slept alright. Up at 2:30 then again at 4 and then again around 6 when I got up. I don't think he has a cold. Would be his first one if he did.

If I were you I would just hit up a deli or something that could prepare a big long sandwich that could be cut up into smaller portions. Would save you a lot of stress and work.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Yep, if there are not enough donations, I will have the local grocery store do trays of finger and croissant sandwiches. That is the closest and most convenient option. I can handle making a large salad of some sort. I would make one or two things anyway, traditionally. Just can be annoying that out of 300 families, the same few always pitch in to help. This event is tough, because people are still in summer mode, and want their last few days totally school-free! I get that.

I hope the baby is better today. There are also those growth spurts, especially if nursing, they get very fussy and want to eat nonstop. It is how they get the milk supply to increase. Those are trying days for mom, if she is nursing.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So where is the kitten now Mark? Has he gone to his new home yet?
The cat is safely living with a couple of college students in their apartment along with a new scratching post, toys, litter box, bed/house and good food. The vet appointment is pending. According to the pics, he's feeling right at home.

Is it Friday yet?! Oh well, back to work.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Great to hear the cat is all settled Mark.

I thought teething as well Arbor, but I also thought it might be a bit early.
I just know how they can cry up a storm when that starts. But phoebe is very knowledgeable here, and of course I don't have kids. Glad your little one got some sleep, and you too!

Love and good morning to all of you. ♥
Old 08-25-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I am doing the Happy Dance right now ~ our beautiful friend fantail is back!!!
I am hoping she will join us here again.
I love good news!!!
Old 08-25-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

BD - man cold! Hahaha! I know several men who are afflicted with that. But many who aren't, of course...

Mark - I'm so glad to hear the kitty has a good home. You did a very good thing.

V - I remember Fantail. It's been a long time! I believe she lives in San Francisco, right? That's just an hour from me.

Arbor - I'm glad things are better. It seems early for teeth, but I've definitely heard of it happening. Mine didn't get her teeth until like eight months.

All is well here. Fire is out, only burned 25 acres. Pretty normal day otherwise.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

So glad to hear the fire is out.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Wednesday.

Work, work, work, but I'm thankful to be productive.

Wishing all the best day.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Arbor, could be teething for sure. Mine started teething so young that she could not yet hold a teether. By the time she was one, she had an entire mouth full of teeth, yet was bald. She would smile this toothy grin and it looked quite odd.

I recommend Humphrey's teething tablets.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Good morning! Letting daughter sleep in today. Up with puppy who has been out, fed and is sleeping again. I think we failed puppy class last night, lol. Will spare you the details, but he was quite distracted.

I remember the name Fantail. I was a kate comer to this group. Missed a few earlier members.

So glad the recent fire is out, Briar!

This may be my last full day day with kids until Monday night. Hubby needs to see about some work issues before deciding when they can leave for the family visit in NY. He would like to drive tomorrow, but might have to wait until Friday. Either way, I get quite a break on cooking/cleaning for a few days.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hey gang,

Just now I read a through a thread titled 'Two Years' . The post by firstymer was really good. It is inspirational, but also helped me begin to accept a bit more what I have suspected for some time. The av doesn't necessarily ever go completely silent. I estimate that I still spend about as much time as ever thinking about my sobriety. It's a different way of thinking than earlier on.....meaning that I'm not white knuckling it through the days and weekends, but the amount of time my mind goes to this whole thing is still about the same whether it be a bit of a craving or thoughts of gratitude on my progress....anything alcohol related. It's not a complaint really....not yet anyway....just surprises me a little.

Hope the week is bringing good things to each of you.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Mark

I've said this before but I can't remember the last time I was troubled by my AV.
Things do get better

D
Old 08-26-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

We spend considerable time thinking about the things and people we care about - sobriety ranks right up there - it's all good.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I'm pooped out and ready to turn in.....your replies helped put a positive spin on my thoughts this evening. I'll sleep on that.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I get what your saying Mark. I sometimes feel it's too much at times which is why most folks go back to drinking. Is my level of alcoholism acceptable to me? I believe in what the others say in that it does get better. How bad you want it is really what it comes down to.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good morning folks. Long to do list today, but checking in. I have a few errands to run, cleaning house, dog playdate, packing for kids and family, which includes food for allergic child.

I should have lots of time later, once they go, and for a few days, though!! So, TTYL! Have a good day.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hey guys. Six months today. I can't believe it's been six months since that day I walked into rehab. That was one of the worst days of my life. But also probably one of the best.

I know what you mean about alcoholism taking up a lot of your mental time. I wonder when I'll have peace with it.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Wow, Briar!! I am very proud of you. That was such a hard thing to do, but you sound so much happier.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

That's great Briar! Even with the limited view I have into your life, the difference has been truly remarkable.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Briar; outstanding!!!!!