Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 19

Old 08-23-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Keep the kitty!...ahem, I mean, do whatever seems logical under the circumstances.

A few years ago a sweet but scraggly little gray cat kept showing up in our yard. We already had ours, and she definitely did not like this new one, so after feeding her for a few days, I ended up taking her to the shelter. When I got there, the vet checked her and said she had some kind of infection and other serious issues they could treat. The vet told me I probably had saved her life. I felt like a hero that day!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
How do you season it Arbor? I'd like to learn a way to grill that. I like sandwiches with it too.
Usually use Penzeys Spices and olive oil. This time I just rubbed with olive oil and salt/peppered it. Then I'll grill it topping it off with this killer sesame teriyaki sauce.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sounds reeeeally good, Arbor!
I'm staring at a pack of chicken thighs that I may just roast with a little bit of Slap Ya Mama seasoning. (It's a spicy, Cajun-type seasoned salt.) It's easy and never disappoints.

And I'd be happy to pick up that sweet kitty, Mark, but I'm ACHOO allergic. Growing up, we had two outdoor cats (that chose US, like the one that chose you lol). In the winter, my dad would set up a bed and a heater lamp in the garage for them to sleep under. They both lived long, happy lives. And they took care of any snakes that slithered around in the yard. Not trying to sway you towards keeping it though.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That does sound really good Arbor. The chicken sounds good too, but I'm a white meat guy.

Phoebe, for the crust you butter the baking dish and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese so that it sticks to the sides. It caramelizes and makes the 'crust'. The recipe also uses Gruyere cheese....8oz was $10 so may try cheddar next time.

The dog doesn't know what to make of kitty. I can't take the meowing. And I don't like the cat hair on the patio furniture....makes me sneeze. Kitty must go. Having said that my little one is currently at petsmart buying a cat toy. The females in my life use any reason to shop, shop, shop.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Funny on the shopping!!

Funny Arbor mentioned Penzy's spices. I never buy them regularly, but there is a shop in my old hometown where my parents are buried. So, it was a treat to stop in and shop there after a Memorial Day visit a few months ago. I bought two blends that we have very much enjoyed: tha Bavarian and the Greek blends. So, thanks to Arbor bringing it up, the boneless breasts are brining with a palmful of the Bavarian and a few crushed cloves of garlic, and a bit of lemon.

Kind of misty/rainy today. We are all rather lazy, here.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Welcome to the birthday cake of every mom whose birthday falls within the same week as her kid:

Old 08-23-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

God heavens Briar that made my laugh my rear off!!! At least put it on a plate! Bahahaha!

Looks like the cake version of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree! Bet it tastes great though. Your sense of humor cracks me up.

I don't even get a birthday cake anymore.....so yours actually looks pretty darn good.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday again Briar! ♥

Love and good morning all.
Gotta run.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday from me too Briar

D
Old 08-23-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

At least put it on a plate! Bahahaha!
No way! Then I'd have to wash the plate!
Old 08-23-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Wash?! I just lick 'em clean and put them away!
Old 08-23-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good thinking!
Old 08-23-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

My brother's gift was a bag of loot from his garden. I see a kickass pasta in my future. All y'alls food talk is making me hungry!

Old 08-23-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Oh yeah that's good stuff. I like oven roasted squash. What's the dried herb?

I'm pooped, been the sea monster in the pool with the neighborhood kids throwing them around and stuff. What a workout. One kid did ask why I didn't have a belly like her dad! Ha.....no filter with that kid. She's the type that was very comfortable here in about five seconds. Different from my reserved bunch.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

One kid did ask why I didn't have a belly like her dad!
That's like when we were watching The Incredibles, and during the part where the dad works out, my daughter said "but daddies don't exercise, only mommies exercise!"

I thought it was a lot funnier than my husband did!

The herbs are thyme and sage, so I may actually save those for chicken.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Mmmmm. Fresh thyme. And those pattypan squash are so cute, with some sage and sausage stuffing!

Happy bday again, Briar!!
Old 08-23-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Now that's an awesome birthday gift!!
And I love your daughter more every day Briar ~ she says some priceless things.
And I was walking and thinking...so just going to ask...did your husband buy you flowers maybe? Something nice?
(I was thinking about growing up in my house, and how my dad always asked us what he should buy mum for her birthday, or he asked her, and then bought her beautiful jewellery, and he always brought home flowers on the day...).
Old 08-24-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Monday.

Exciting meeting today with CPA. woot woot

Time to get the show on the road....wishing all the best day.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Lots to smile and giggle about on here. That cake and veggie bundle look amazing, Briar! I hope your birthday was beautiful. And I think your daughter has inherited your great sense of humor. I love it.
Last night was full of Summer finale excitement for Jr., nieces, and nephews. They all go back to school today. We grilled, watched football, and let the kids go nuts in the sprinklers. It was a muddy, fun evening. I'm looking forward to getting everyone back into the routine though.
Rock that meeting, Mark!
Make it a great Monday, friends!
Old 08-24-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning! BTW, Briar, your leftover came looks amazing! Love a good chocolate bday cake!

My daughter took the early shift again, but I had not known, so we are all up early today. School starts Next Wednesday for us, so good to get into an early rising time for her. Her bus is at 6:40 am each day, though I think she said she will have a free period this semester. So, that means, she can sleep in and I can driver her. Not sure that coordinates well with my son who goes in on a late schedule this year. He needs someone on him to get ready. He gets so distracted. Will have to see how it all plays out. But this is the last full week of vacation for the kids. Looks to be a cloudy/drizzley day again.

Husband and kids will travel to Central NY Thursday eve or Friday morning. Maybe I can make some headway on housecleaning without anyone messing it all up 3 hours later!

Otherwise, no real plans this week. Life revolves around the puppy. But we can go for a few hours if he is fed and has been outside.