Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 19

Old 08-21-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Good to see you, Conquest. Your you time sounds like a really good way to take care of yourself. I need to find something like that.

My daughter's one request before I started washing her hair tonight: "try to do it not in my face because my life will get all messed up and complicated."
Old 08-21-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, that's precious Briar!!! She's a little you, huh? A woman of words.
She must be SO excited for tomorrow.

And yes Conquest love, of course we remember about church. Glad it's such a lovely calming place for you.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning gang ,

V, I'm interested to know more about the work prospects you mentioned when you're ready to share. My sister is a nurse and has a very exuberant personality that fit quite well in working with older patients. Most of which were elderly as she worked in home health.

Conquest, I'm sure you'll miss your guys, but after the work week you had a little time to chill sounds just right.

I need to do a little pool sweeping and cleaning today. I like it though because I can jump in and cool off and then sweep a little etc.. My kind of chore in this heat. I also want to do something with the area around some compressors where weeds tend to pop up. Exciting stuff huh? But it forces my mind off regular work for a while and that's good.

Coffee time....then gym.

Wishing all the gang the best day.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post

My daughter's one request before I started washing her hair tonight: "try to do it not in my face because my life will get all messed up and complicated."
How adorable.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm brewing my morning pot of coffee, too, Mark. Nothing like the aroma and the anticipation of that that first cup.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Phoebe, those lobsters look amazing!!!!

Crabs are the big Summer seafood around here - aah, the fruits of the Chesapeake Bay - steamed with Old Bay - nothing quite like them.

Good morning, Conquest and venuscat!!!!! And Arbor and Dee!!!!
Old 08-22-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Arbor, I've broiled lobsters before but have found steaming to be the absolute best way, also. I remember a trip to Maine and steamed lobsters were on the menu every single night. I was young and poor but Livin' Large that trip.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Leigh!

Yes, I will share Mark...just need a few days to sort out if it's viable.
Enjoy your pool work. Sounds nice.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post

How adorable.

I have no idea where those smiley-things came from in my post. Sorry, briar, no hidden message there.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I was wondering Leigh....
Old 08-22-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I was wondering Leigh....
I think that I am up too early. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it).
Old 08-22-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

(((Leigh))) ♥
Old 08-22-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Phoebe, those lobsters look amazing!!!! Crabs are the big Summer seafood around here - aah, the fruits of the Chesapeake Bay - steamed with Old Bay - nothing quite like them. Good morning, Conquest and venuscat!!!!! And Arbor and Dee!!!!
Leigh. My wife graduated from University of Maryland. She loves that blue crab and old bay! She had to take me down there a bunch of times to experience it. A lot of work for the meat you get but boy is it sweet.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good morning gang. Been up for a a few hours, but was watching OITNB before any kids got up. Son is up now so time to bring it back down to PG viewing or catching up on social networks, lol.

V, Lobster rolls are a classic New England thing.

Briar, I love what your dd said. So funny! I hope her birthday is awesome!

Hi Leigh,

Arbor, I have never had crab legs. I do like crab cakes and crab, in general, so am sure I would enjoy them. Not much food I do not like. I love seafood.

Nothing big planned this weekend. Life revolves around puppy these days. We cannot leave him alone too long, but a few hours is okay. May be a bit rainy. Just cloudy right now. I should get him out for a walk, but I really need to shower. My hair is a mess. Hate to run into neighbors like that. He is rather energetic at the moment. Bringing me squeaky toys,

Next weekend the kids and hubby will travel to see his family, and kids cousins, etc... I will stay home with puppy. Not sure he is ready for a 5 hour car ride and to be a house guest just 3 weeks into life here. The little guy needs some security and stability first. And more house training. He is doing really well with that, however. But a new house would have different doors and he has accidents when he gets excited and distracted. He is also still nipping/biting at times, so not a good house-guest yet.

It is good that I skip the trip, actually. They all drink every night when we visit. So, this is a good excuse to dodge that scene.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yes, and when was the last time you had a couple of days to yourself phoebe?
Wow, how lovely that will be. Well, you and the dog. But that is my life every day, and I consider it a major plus. I know I have a cat, and many cats are not that time-consuming. But mine is. She thinks she's a dog. Or the queen of all living things.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Right V. He takes nice long naps, too.

I have a luncheon to run for about 80 staff at the school on the Tues. September 1st, as well. I may need to do some shopping and food prep if I do not get enough volunteers. So, it will be good to be home, rather than rushed pulling that all together after a tiring weekend away.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm obsessing over delicious seafood. I found a place that I can order 'lobster roll kits' shipped overnight from Maine if the order is placed by 10am EST. I'm seriously considering trying that pretty soon. The cost is about what it costs for the five of us to eat out. It has the meat already out, so I may try it that way. They also ship live. Not so sure about how to handle that, but would be fresh for sure.

Sounds like Huxley is coming along phoebe.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Mark, can you really not get lobster at a fish market of grocery store down there for less than that overnight shipping? All you need is lobster meat, a dab of mayo, and hot dog buns. You can upgrade the bread if you choose. The good fish markets have the lobster meat shelled and for purchase for a hefty price, but it would have to be cheaper than the ordering for overnight delivery.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I haven't checked on lobster at the market since I saw 29.99 lb a few weeks ago. When it is available it is the tail only sitting on a bed of crushed ice....for how long I never know. It is specifically lobster that isn't always available. In New York the lobster rolls were $17.00 each......but that was at the plaza hotel, so maybe higher there.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

No, that is the going rate. I pay $20 at the local ice cream place, but it is a generous portion! And just lobster. You can hardly notice any mayo, and can add some extra if you prefer.

Was just so grumpy with my daughter. Cleaned the kitchen, took a nap this afternoon, since she and hubby slept 5 hours later than I did. Showered. Came down to do some dinner prep(starving) and find her and hubby bumbling around with the mixer and some butter. About to mess up my kitchen and I have nowhere to make the salad I planned.

Whatever. Had a burger and feeling better now. Just not really in the baking mood and she is not an experienced baker or cook. She could use the experience, so I am lurking, but trying to be hands off, other than finding her the right recipe. She is doing cut out sugar cookies.