Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 2

Old 07-09-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better by tonight James.

D
Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ha, now I'm always going to picture you as the mom from Malcom in the Middle, Plath. I haven't seen your living situation obviously, but I can definitely picture the chaos from that show.

Hang in there, Plath. Glad the cloud is lifting a little. I'll say it again--don't be afraid to post on here as much as necessary. There is a miraculous amount of power in the simple act of one addict helping another. And this is a two-way street--you're posting is also helping me stay sober. Thank you for that.

And one of the great things about this board is it's open 24/7. It gets a little less populated for a few hours in the middle of the night here in the Americas, but there's still almost always at least a few people around to lean on.

James--sorry you're feeling bad. My last hangover was on that same level. My sobriety date is Friday, May 8, 2015. I don't think I was feeling even halfway not hungover until late in the day on Sunday, May 10. Keep yourself hydrated with lots and lots of water. Eat a banana or something like that if you think you can keep it down. It will get better.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Thanks Caramel and D. Tis certainly making for an interesting day at work being all edgy and now my stomach trying to turn itself inside out. I need to remember these days so I never pick up again.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesAdams View Post
Oh man, just spent 10 minutes in the bathroom dry heaving like I had had a big night last night. Mid-day on day 2. My body is not a happy camper at the moment.
The heat might not be helping you today, either? Either way, I hope that you heal quickly, and can hopefully be feeling better after that bout.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

My protein-drink and chamomile tea are calling me now!
I'll be back tomorrow.
Well-done whiteturtle by the way!
Good luck, good health, over these next hours, everyone.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Ha, now I'm always going to picture you as the mom from Malcom in the Middle, Plath. I haven't seen your living situation obviously, but I can definitely picture the chaos from that show.
Pretty much, lol.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, for the support and encouragement tonight! I feel good about all of this for once in the wee hours of the morning (it's 2am here...haven't been wanting to sleep until way late lately).

Plath, reading from your initial posts in the thread to now, you seem a lot more positive and a lot less weighed down. That's wonderful! It's so nice to be able to keep up with you, and everyone, throughout the day. I am glad you made it through, despite the difficulties. Also, I posted about 23053460730 times the other day, and people were nothing short of supportive and wonderful, haha. Post as much as it takes!!

Brandi, I hope you're doing alright! I really know that feeling, although for alcohol rather than pills, but same idea. It just seems after all the time of using that having it is the only thing to do in a bad situation... It has become the go-to way of dealing with anything, whether positive or negative. It has gotten better for me as the days have gone on. I am sure they will get better for you, too. The fact that you are sober right now is huge. You should be really proud of yourself.

James, I'm so sorry you're feeling so terrible. I can't imagine how badly the physical aspect of early sobriety must be for those who have experienced it. I wish I had some advice, but it seems like lots of napping is the ticket, if you can! I hope you are feeling better now than you were earlier. Keep checking in, and let us know!

Caramel, I hope you're doing better, and less anxious/overwhelmed. I know that feeling well, when things get to be too much and the tears start to sting to the eyes. It can be such an awful feeling, but sometimes a cathartic one. Try to relax and rest if you can.

JL, I'm finding it very comforting to get that feeling of being so tired but sober. Life is so much less exhausting without worrying about fitting alcohol and its repercussions (hangovers) in. I'm glad you get to just be tired and craving-free tonight.

Olivia, congrats today! I hope your aunt and family are all doing alright!

Bebrave, I felt really good for the first couple days, and then for about four days I just felt malaise and grogginess. Although, my time of the month hit at the same time as the sobriety was starting, which didn't help matters. :p I hope you are feeling better now, and get some rest tonight!

Oh, a big thing I have noticed with being sober is that my digestive system seems much happier. I haven't had to rush to the bathroom for anything irregular every hour, or worry about random pains or nausea. My body feels...somehow cleaner, if that makes sense. It's a very relieving feeling after the endless days of filtering poisons.

Now I am going to try to write some, or at least get some editing done. Not that being on the laptop will in any way help me get to sleep, haha... But somehow I feel like it's okay...being tired is still way better than being hungover.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:11 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Feeling much better, thank you all so much for being here.
It's almost time to go to bed, and I've made it through Day 4 without alcohol.
Yesterday my husband asked me if this forum "actually helps" me with quitting, and I just sort of stared at him blankly like "Well duh, of course it does!" Heh. I've mentioned before that my social anxiety makes the closeness of face-to-face meetings super uncomfortable for me, so this place is basically where I go for a meeting. And yes, one of the great things about it is that it's here 24 hours a day.
So for this evening, I've gone from feeling p*ssed off and on edge to feeling really very grateful.

\
Old 07-09-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Oh, Casey... we didn't win, haha. There are three games, and we usually win at least one. We left after two tonight. Although, we killed it on the which movie is the Disney song from category! Haha.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Whiteturtle, I think we were posting at the same time, ha. And thank you. I'm really glad that you made it without feeling tempted this evening (I will confess that I was worried for you, but I didn't want to seem like I was being pushy or negative by saying anything). So happy that you're staying strong!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:23 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
James--sorry you're feeling bad. My last hangover was on that same level. My sobriety date is Friday, May 8, 2015. I don't think I was feeling even halfway not hungover until late in the day on Sunday, May 10. Keep yourself hydrated with lots and lots of water. Eat a banana or something like that if you think you can keep it down. It will get better.
Thanks, this has really caught me by surprise. I tapered off over the course of about 3 days, so did not have one last big one on the way out, went to bed early on day 0, had a great sleep, and woke up feeling really good on day 1.

Now on day 2, I am like what the heck is going on?

It is passing, keeping up the water, waiting for the work day to finish!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

There is a seafood festival in my little seaside town this weekend. My girlfriends have rallied round to cheer me up and want to take me to it. The town I live near is very alcohol orientated - everyone gets drunk whenever there is any kind of food fair or carnival. The girls are promising to help me drown my sorrows etc etc

I'm so grateful as I need their help, I have neglected them due to having a partner who was possessive. I've already said im driving and the look of shock on their faces was quite funny. I know I shouldn't go because it will be so tempting. However I need my friends, I've been so isolated and crying into my lonely pillow every night.
I am gonna need a huge amount of strength this weekend.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Unfortunately the longer we drink the worse the withdrawal can be, I think James. It's that kindling effect.

D
Old 07-09-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 7. No problems so far but it's the weekend now and I often start convincing myself that I deserve a bottle of wine! What helped me is last night my youngest was very unwell. Thought we might have to visit doctor/ hospital. Myself and my husband were both up with her. In the end we didn't have to go but if it was a night after drinking wine I would have been no use to her and definitely couldn't have driven her anywhere. It felt very good to have all my wits about me in that situation and I am happy that I always will in future.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is there anyone in your friend circle you feel you could confide in daisy?

D
Old 07-09-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Plath, thank you for the concern. I was worried about myself, too. I took Casey's advice and made sure to plan to leave at the first moment of distress, and I drove myself since I came right from work. It turned out to be okay, though. I think I'm lucky that my boyfriend was there, and he knows I am not drinking and about SR and everything. My friend who was there also knows I'm not drinking, but not the real reason, and not that it's forever.

Daisy, I know exactly how you feel; that's how I felt about trivia tonight. I really wanted a sense of normalcy, doing weekly trivia like always, and to see my friends. The trivia time tends to be when I get to just relax and enjoy and laugh the most. It felt necessary for my mental state, despite the risk. But, as Casey pointed out, the early sobriety is fragile. I think I may have gotten lucky today, but who knows. Either way, I hope you will be able to see your friends and also fight the urges! I think Dee had a good idea, to confide in a least one of your friends...someone to keep you accountable in case you start feeling strong cravings. It was helpful to know that my boyfriend was there tonight, and wouldn't let me get wine if I had tried.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

*shy wave*. I'm embarassed to admit that I've been a member here for over a year and I'm still facing "day 1's". But here I am, day 1 again. I haven't joined a class though, so here goes. I hope to remain a permanent and loyal member of July 2015.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Daisy, I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with that type of grief (and I know that for myself, the end of a relationship has always very much been a grieving process that I don't often handle well).

Sending healing thoughts your way.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mera

D
Old 07-10-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. It is so humiliating to have to admit to day 1 again after all this time of trying and failing. But if I want to get and stay sober, and I do, I have to admit it.