View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
whiteturtle

Thanks everyone, for the support and encouragement tonight! I feel good about all of this for once in the wee hours of the morning (it's 2am here...haven't been wanting to sleep until way late lately).

Plath, reading from your initial posts in the thread to now, you seem a lot more positive and a lot less weighed down. That's wonderful! It's so nice to be able to keep up with you, and everyone, throughout the day. I am glad you made it through, despite the difficulties. Also, I posted about 23053460730 times the other day, and people were nothing short of supportive and wonderful, haha. Post as much as it takes!!

Brandi, I hope you're doing alright! I really know that feeling, although for alcohol rather than pills, but same idea. It just seems after all the time of using that having it is the only thing to do in a bad situation... It has become the go-to way of dealing with anything, whether positive or negative. It has gotten better for me as the days have gone on. I am sure they will get better for you, too. The fact that you are sober right now is huge. You should be really proud of yourself.

James, I'm so sorry you're feeling so terrible. I can't imagine how badly the physical aspect of early sobriety must be for those who have experienced it. I wish I had some advice, but it seems like lots of napping is the ticket, if you can! I hope you are feeling better now than you were earlier. Keep checking in, and let us know!

Caramel, I hope you're doing better, and less anxious/overwhelmed. I know that feeling well, when things get to be too much and the tears start to sting to the eyes. It can be such an awful feeling, but sometimes a cathartic one. Try to relax and rest if you can.

JL, I'm finding it very comforting to get that feeling of being so tired but sober. Life is so much less exhausting without worrying about fitting alcohol and its repercussions (hangovers) in. I'm glad you get to just be tired and craving-free tonight.

Olivia, congrats today! I hope your aunt and family are all doing alright!

Bebrave, I felt really good for the first couple days, and then for about four days I just felt malaise and grogginess. Although, my time of the month hit at the same time as the sobriety was starting, which didn't help matters. :p I hope you are feeling better now, and get some rest tonight!

Oh, a big thing I have noticed with being sober is that my digestive system seems much happier. I haven't had to rush to the bathroom for anything irregular every hour, or worry about random pains or nausea. My body feels...somehow cleaner, if that makes sense. It's a very relieving feeling after the endless days of filtering poisons.

Now I am going to try to write some, or at least get some editing done. Not that being on the laptop will in any way help me get to sleep, haha... But somehow I feel like it's okay...being tired is still way better than being hungover.