Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 2

Old 07-15-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Welcome EE. . Nice to have you here!!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EE2010 View Post
Hi New here . Been sober as of July 13. Hope I am doing this right. So glad to have somewhere to have support from you who have been here before. Much of the WD is going away as I have tapered since July 8. Was on quite the binge before that. Am still anxious and moody. Hoping to get through another day.
Welcome to July 15 class. I can relate. Have been very moody lately. Good news it will pass and you do feel better everyday. First few days I felt very tired and lethargic.
One day, one hour,one crave at a time. Lots of great people here that care and want to help. Have a great day!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Welcome to all the newcomers after me who are joining the July 2015 class...there are strength in numbers and with people with similar goals!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Happy Birthday JL!!

Day 6 and this is where I've slipped the past 2 times. Very on guard now because I know how fast the AV can bring me down. Not today! It will stay locked in its cage and be miserable.

No big plans today - it's going to be a stormy, rainy day here. Just going to spend time with my girls and think of something good to make for dinner. Wish my 5yo would nap so we could all take a nap together, but she hasn't napped since she was 2

Stay strong today everyone and as Casey says - just don't take that first drink and come here first if you are struggling. Strength and hugs to all of you.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Welcome PrincessP, and EE2010. Happy birthday JL.

Start of day 12 and sober as she goes. I've already resisted the urge to "weigh in" with my opinions on work stuff this morning. PrincessP all my x girlfriends and wife called ME princess p because I have to have everything...just so. I'm sure it was their problem and not mine at all.. oh no....ha ha. For the record I accept full responsibility for my life, for my mistakes, my warts, and my successes! There is absolutely no one to blame at all except for myself. Not my upbringing, not my parents, not my jobs, x's, friends, kids or coworkers. It's all on me.

And that's A-OK with me :-)
Old 07-15-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Ladybug, Day 2 here again after three Day 5s got me! I decided that I'm gonna skip 5 in my head, so let's just all visualise you are Day 7 already, tell nasty Day 6 AV it lost already! day 6. Day 7 :
Old 07-15-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Good mornin', all, and Happy Birthday, JL!

Last week wasn't very good. Not my worst, but certainly not my best. This week has definitely been better, drinking-wise (back to day 4) and mood-wise.
It's been a LOT of falling off, dusting myself off, and hopping back on. I do hope the madness ends someday, but I can't give up trying.
Sadie, Day 5 really gets me, too. What's THE DEAL with THAT?
Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sadie, that's a great way to look at it! Congrats on Day 2
Old 07-15-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for happy Birthdays. I'm just glad to be awake for it. That's saying something. No feat, just a blessing I'm thankful for. Planning on working out again when I'm off work and eating something good. Works bad today, but I'm holding it apart from me to have a good day. MAN , I wish I could accomplish that daily. Maybe working out daily will do it. I gave it up some 10 yrs back, with sporadic attempts since, with videos and jogging. I just weigh too much to be a runner. I'll just be a walker with a little USMC pt, in there with it. 44. Wow.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Day 4 I feel great!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LilyMarie View Post
Good mornin', all, and Happy Birthday, JL!

Last week wasn't very good. Not my worst, but certainly not my best. This week has definitely been better, drinking-wise (back to day 4) and mood-wise.
It's been a LOT of falling off, dusting myself off, and hopping back on. I do hope the madness ends someday, but I can't give up trying.
Sadie, Day 5 really gets me, too. What's THE DEAL with THAT?
Lily, it's the anxiety that gets me Day 5, and lack of sleep from waking up panicky that builds up. You? Casey had good suggestion to reach out here or Newcomers thread MAYDAY In a new thread to get talked down. So if it happens tomorrow I would scream it as many places as you can before drinking. We are hopping back on, so yaay. I'm just denying next day 5 actually exists!
Old 07-15-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Day 12: Starting to feel closer to normal every day. Head's still a bit cloudy and my brain isn't as sharp as I'd like. Managed to get some exercise in, but overdid it and feel really sore (not necessarily in a good way, since I doubt I can exercise at all again today...). Developing some patience and not expecting things immediately is definitely a skill I'll need to work on. Alcohol always gave me the results I wanted, immediately and without fail. Of course, it also created most of the problems in my life, eventually and without fail. So I guess the goal today is to practice some patience.

Have a great day, everyone! Newcomers, lurkers, and everyone getting back on the wagon, you can do this! Your sobriety matters! You matter!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Back to the drawing board.
Day 1.

I'll try to check in later, probably from my phone.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Also, one thing I should probably be concerned by is that it doesn't feel like a big deal. It's the same AV that's always there when I stop, and then start back up again. "It's not that big of a deal, you don't have to do it every day, it's fine."
I need to remind myself that I DO end up drinking every night, I might have evenings where I don't drink an entire bottle, but that doesn't mean that I'm not an alcoholic. I drink even when I don't feel like drinking some nights, and that's just not the way non-alcoholic people do things.

Note to self: Come back and read this a few times throughout the day.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Welcome to July 15 class. I can relate. Have been very moody lately. Good news it will pass and you do feel better everyday. First few days I felt very tired and lethargic.
One day, one hour,one crave at a time. Lots of great people here that care and want to help. Have a great day!
Thanks letitgo. Went to the grocery store and on way home had to pass beer distributor. Boy was I tempted. Made it past though. One more hour.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plath View Post
Also, one thing I should probably be concerned by is that it doesn't feel like a big deal. It's the same AV that's always there when I stop, and then start back up again. "It's not that big of a deal, you don't have to do it every day, it's fine."
I need to remind myself that I DO end up drinking every night, I might have evenings where I don't drink an entire bottle, but that doesn't mean that I'm not an alcoholic. I drink even when I don't feel like drinking some nights, and that's just not the way non-alcoholic people do things.

Note to self: Come back and read this a few times throughout the day.
Just hop back on the horse. I had TEN #1's in June.....
Old 07-15-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi all and welcome newcomers

I'm on day 16 but seem to have hit the emotional rollercoaster....just riding it out and currently got my pj's on. I have absolutely no energy for anything. I suppose its good from the point of view that there is no way I could muster the strength to go to the shop even if I wanted to!

I have managed to download the SR app onto my mobile though this is a considerable achievement for this techno dinosaur. Just got to work out now how to use it....

m
Old 07-15-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

I would like to jump in here with you guys. Last time I managed any significant amount of time sober was Class of November 2014, and being part of that community helped immensely. Made it 7 weeks before the holidays, then started slipping back to where I am now. I miss how I felt after 7 weeks (not perfect, but so much better depression and anxiety-wise) and really need to get back there.

Binged pretty hard last night, went out with a bang I guess you'd say, and that's making this harder to stare down today, but here' goes day 1. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, it helps!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers! Yes it helps to read and post

Martina, if you figure out how to post a new thread from app or reply without backspacing a quote let me know. Used to be a techie a decade ago now total dinosaur too
Old 07-15-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sourgrapes View Post
I would like to jump in here with you guys. Last time I managed any significant amount of time sober was Class of November 2014, and being part of that community helped immensely. Made it 7 weeks before the holidays, then started slipping back to where I am now. I miss how I felt after 7 weeks (not perfect, but so much better depression and anxiety-wise) and really need to get back there. Binged pretty hard last night, went out with a bang I guess you'd say, and that's making this harder to stare down today, but here' goes day 1. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, it helps!
7 weeks, that's amazing, you can do it again I'm sure! You've done more than me in the last 25 years (excluding 2 pregnancies, they don't count!)

Good luck!