Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 2

Old 07-11-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Morning, Day 3. 3:55 am, tough night. Woke up with pain from knees, back.. Old injuries. Guess I'm used to not feeling those pains when drinking. Headache. Can't go back to sleep, tossed and turned. Might be rough day, but I'm going to get through it.

I'm in a cranky condition, but glad to not wake up drunk! Now where is my Advil and water?
Old 07-11-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I bought the most beautiful bracelet at the hospital gift shop. It's silver and about 1/2" wide. There's a gold cross on about 1/4 of it (those sideways crosses). The cross is gold and there are Bible quotes on the rest. It's like my AA coin to me. I look at it to remind me to stay sober. Life is a gift. Life is precious. Don't take it for granted.

Have a great day everyone. Supposed to me mid 90s and very humid here in MO. We are water logged like alot of the US is. I'm a farmer tho, too much water is a bad thing.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
Welcome Behindthelens, Hitrockbittom, and EE. . This is a great class. So glad y'all are here.

It's 6 am here and I had a rough night. My husband went out and hasn't come home yet. Not the first time this has happened. I am really having to repeat the serenity prayer over and over to get through the frustration.
On the other hand I love the fact that I can barely get any sleep and still be up at 6 feeling ok. Day 3 for me. Hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday!!
Hi Cristina, fellow Day 3! That is a rough night, hope he returns soon and you can get some rest today.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back ee and Kafkaesque

Hope Hubby makes it home soon Cristina

D
Old 07-11-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Thanks Sadie and Dee
Old 07-11-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow non sleepers!! I feel groggy, severely achy/painful, yet internally anxious and panicky. Lovely!! Let's get through this day people!!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I'm coming to the end of day 4 here. Feeling great and not tempted, I know from past experience that will change really soon though. Those of you that have done sober time before, when did you find the toughest? How far into your sobriety? Last time I made it to about 30 days. Isn't much really. ...
Old 07-11-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hello people!!!

Day 2 here: big lie on this morning. Late to bed last night. But no hangover I had a really vivid dream that I was drinking with people from my old neighbourhood from years ago. Not nice people. I was drink driving on a motorbike, had my backpack stolen, it got messy. So, so, so happy when I woke up and realised it was a dream!!!!

I'm feeling really lethargic, which is normal I suppose as I've been keeping strange hours. I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine from Monday!! Early rising, exercise, meditation, fresh fruit....

Have a great day!!!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcomes.

It's 9pm my time and day 1 is starting to become a testing time. I keep thinking of popping out for 2 beers to take the edge off but I'm 95% convinced I'll just buy more later (24 hour booze shops where I live).

I quit six weeks ago for a week and aside from the first two days it was a breeze. So much so, that I convinced myself to enjoy a drink. I can't recall how many times I've done this. Anyway, this one is feeling a bit tougher. Keep reminding myself of the difference in how I will feel 9 hours from now if I choose to drink or not to.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Wow, Saturday morning on the way to work w no hangover !
Old 07-11-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Sansa, I think everyone is different but for me the first week is the hardest, then around day 10, 14, and 17. After crossing those hurdles somehow I always felt stronger and less tempted to blow the sober time I've worked for.

Behindthelens, good job on day one ! It's so easy to let our minds convince us that just one or two will be fine, but it's a lie. It never ends well, even if it's a week or a month down the road.

JL... Yes, it feels amazing to wake up without a hangover or regret , doesn't it??? I absolutely loved waking up today and remembering that I did it for another day. No anxiety or confusion, no pounding heart, no icky feeling all throughout my body, no bloated face and puffy eyes. I have become and expert on convincing myself that I don't feel "that bad". But in comparison to waking up today on day 5, I just can't understand how I could ever choose to feel like that again. The only enjoyable part for me is the initial buzz (maybe and hour or two) and the rest is a miserable waste of time.
Let's make it through today guys, we can do it
Old 07-11-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
HFA

Just popping in to let everyone know that I just started day 11. Its Saturday here and thats a tough one for me. I work my second job on sat and normally that leads to a few drinky drinks.
I have a calendar on my wall that I mark with a big purple (didnt have a red one) and today I will put the number 11 on it at bed time!!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in real quick on Day 2. My 5 yo has a Frozen ice skating party this morning so should be fun. So glad I am feeling good and not hungover for it Will catch up on your posts and be back later. Happy Sober Saturday everyone, we can do this!!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Unhappy Well--

I drank 2 glasses of wine last night. I know this isn't a good excuse, but I found out something REALLY bad about a sibling and spouse. I won't go into details but it involves arrest and court ordered separation.

I wanted more, but my husband knows how hard I worked last week and he stopped me. I had 5 days under my belt.

I know this isn't some big bender or anything, but all the ruminating in my head, thinking about what or what not to drink, I hate it!! And I don't feel rested and I have a slight headache.

Back to day 1.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Sadie, one of the reasons my drinking escalated the past 5 years was due to chronic pain issues. After 2 ( or 3 or 4 or 5) glasses of wine I was pain free. I have a doc appt in several weeks to try once again to figure out a way to relieve it.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
HFA

Right there with you. Important thing is that we are back

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
*shy wave*. I'm embarassed to admit that I've been a member here for over a year and I'm still facing "day 1's". But here I am, day 1 again. I haven't joined a class though, so here goes. I hope to remain a permanent and loyal member of July 2015.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Just checking in here as it feels so good to be surrounded by people going through the same journey. Went to bed, woke up early, stayed in bed and feel so tired right now. But NO HANGOVER! YAY!!!

Last night I really spent time reminding myself, be present, be aware, don't dull your emotions or your awareness. It was a simple chant that got me through a lot of trigger times. I made a NA Drink for me (Blueberry Maple Mojito) and my wife poured some rum into hers. Honestly, this is the first time I could just smell the alcohol on her breath and realized...I did not want that. No craving at all. I wanted to be in be present, be aware, don't dull your emotions or your awareness. That really made me feel liberated for once.

Now this morning. My ankle hurts (4 weeks ago I rolled it) and my body is just exhausted. But the fog that used to be on my brain and clear thinking is here. I'm making the commitment that today, I won't drink. That's all we can do right?
Old 07-11-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hiya,

half way trough day 3, all goes well , some serious sugar cravings.... had some juices and the moment passed.
Its amazing how much I get done, and I am a bit more positive so to say? House is clean clean clean.
I told the husband last night I am in this phase at the moment. He agreed I can go a bit hard, but totally understands lonelyness is not good... So he is happy I am making the efford and also smoke less.
He then proceeded to tell me what drinks he will bring from his current work location. Unsure if thats helpfull for me, but still a month to go: why worry now?

I wish everyone a good saturday evening !
Old 07-11-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Good morning. Hope all is well. Here is an addition resource I found. Really great stuff on this site. Day 7 for me. Been up, down and all around. No drinks or smokes thank god. Really wanted to cave but I have been able to keep myself busy. Have a great day!
Mobile Site Preview
Old 07-11-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Wow, Saturday morning on the way to work w no hangover !
I. Am. So. Jealous!!!! Lol. I'm an idiot and hungover and COVERED in mosquito bites rough morning and it's only going to get worse. But it has to get worse before it gets better, right? I'm ready to put a lot of effort into this this time!