Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 2

Old 07-11-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

I sobered up a year ago, as I had realized that I was moving into functional alcoholic mode again, after five years of drinking "like a normal person". I didn't come here to talk about it, and I ended up drinking on Halloween, and a few other times intermittently before I just gave in and started buying booze every night.

However, I will say that it was so much easier to NOT drink when I was in my own home, living my life with my son and husband, and not having someone sitting around drinking every night.

We'll get the results of the home inspection on Tuesday (for the home we put an offer on, quite far from our families), and I can really only clench my fists and hope that we'll be on our way within a couple of weeks.

We've basically been on a very long vacation/road trip since we sold our home in April, but we're here with my family while we look at properties and sign paperwork, etc.

It will just be so nice if the home inspection comes out well and we can have our own space again. It's easier to abstain when I'm not around other people who are drinking, go figure...

Well, that's it for me for tonight, I think. I'm at the end of my Day 6, and I hope that I'll make it through the evening tomorrow. Tonight was a real challenge, just due to not having any quiet or peace of mind.

But I'm grateful for my son, husband, and mom (unhealthy as she may be emotionally, she's still my mom).
Gratitude goes a long way, so I think I'll hold onto that part.

'Night, all.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iam2antsy View Post
wtf do you do when you wake up in the middle of the night or way too early in the morning & you think about your life - have a panic attack - break out in cold or hot sweat & have diarrhea - & that is not all about alcohol - you just want the **** out of the life you are in & you don't have a friend in the world
In the past, in my life, when I've felt that way I would go to 12 step meetings, and got myself into treatment. When I went, it was sliding fee (which was good, because it wasn't like I had a job with insurance at that time).

Or, you can come here. I think that at least a few of us have felt something similar in our lifetimes. I know I have. You can make it out.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Goodmorning, day 4 starts here.
Last night a bit of anxiety moment : a phonecall got me a bit worked up and I really really wanted a drink. But it passed. I still have problems sleeping though.
If today works, it will be my first sober weekend in a very long time.
Bye
Old 07-12-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

wtf do you do when you wake up in the middle of the night or way too early in the morning & you think about your life - have a panic attack - break out in cold or hot sweat & have diarrhea - & that is not all about alcohol - you just want the **** out of the life you are in & you don't have a friend in the world
I think coming here is a good start 2antsy. You always have friends here

Change takes time - it's a process rather than an event. It needs a little faith and patience.

My life got progressively better & better once I stopped poisoning myself with alcohol.

D
Old 07-12-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hello all, start of day 4 here. Nice quiet SOBER Saturday night! Let's go, Sunday!
Old 07-12-2015, 01:54 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cbf123 View Post
Hello all, start of day 4 here. Nice quiet SOBER Saturday night! Let's go, Sunday!
Good on ya ! Same here and yes, let's go Sunday.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hi Class

Day one today needs to happen today..........
Old 07-12-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi applejack how are you?
Old 07-12-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi Antsy! Your not alone! 240 am awoke startled ' in a panic here as well after a decent Day 3., ugh. our bodies are protesting I suppose? Used to being anesthesized and now synapses are actually connecting is what I feel is happening. , I keep reading here it gets better so let's hang in there. I have found so much support here and reading posts calms me..., i know anxiety is one part that led me down the rabbit hole I've been in with alcohol, and they work together to feed each other, so I can't remove the insomnia/anxiety/ right now apparently , hello 3 am now, ugh, but can take alcohol out of this nasty multifaceted equation . Hope a counselor can help me too, do you have one?

applejack, welcome!
Old 07-12-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome Daisy and Sadie

I'm trying to stay focused. I'm an every night drinker (usually open the bar at about 6pm).

In the cupboard I have a bottle of vodka and a bottle of Bacardi and I need to find the courage to pour them both away
Old 07-12-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Well I am back to day 2. Friday night my sister visited and I ended up having a bottle of wine. I had gotten to 7 days as expected. Annoyed at myself. Felt hungover yesterday and very unproductive. I did have great fun for the first 2 hours but then conked out asleep. Not so much fun.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I would see a DR if your prone to panic attacks/WD.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plath View Post
I sobered up a year ago, as I had realized that I was moving into functional alcoholic mode again, after five years of drinking "like a normal person". I didn't come here to talk about it, and I ended up drinking on Halloween, and a few other times intermittently before I just gave in and started buying booze every night.
Great job Plath. I had a stretch myself last year. I remember the 1st month was hard but it got much better. It's easier when your not around it to stay on the game plan. I think it's really about getting the tools and have the strength for social situations. It didn't take me long to get back on the every night train. It's pretty scary to me. Have a great sunday!
Old 07-12-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Applejack
Old 07-12-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Day 5 coming to an end here. Just checking in before going to sleep. Trying to get myself into a better sleeping pattern. Been staying up late and then sleeping in cos I've been on holidays but have to go back to work on Tuesday. Setting an alarm for 7am Monday to try to train my body a bit lol
Old 07-12-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hello All,
Day 7 and feel less agitated. I slept better finally also. I'm spending the weekend with family. Last night was hard because parents were drinking, a lot. They didn't push too hard for me to drink, I just said I'm on a diet... As I stuffed my face with Nachos, a grouper sandwich, French fries, calamari...lol.
I went jogging yesterday, which helped with my mood I'm pretty sure. I'll do the same later today.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Day 4 here. Welcome applejack!!! I'm off to church but will check in later.
Happy, sober Sunday to you all!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I've been lurking. So proud of everyone in this class! For fighting for sobriety and those who have slipped and have come right back. Wow.

Day 5 here. I'm feeling pretty good. Bit of a headache last night and my first horrible drinking dream this time around. Lol, it was also about my DD(14) trying to drive. Oh the horrors! Relieved to wake and have neither be true.
Headed to the lake to boat today. I'm looking forward to being out in the sun having fun with my family. No chance of drinking today as we will be put with the inlaws all day (they don't drink). It's good to have the pressure taken off today.
Have a fabulous sober day everyone!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I did the same thing. Couldn't sleep, kept wondering what is going to happen next with my 2nd OWI. Just got sad and worried. Then I went to church, I am feeling better.

One thing I am getting is quick to anger now. Not sure where this is coming from. I am hoping to make it to a meeting tomorrow. Just to have an outlet to talk.

I am not going back to alcohol. It was a tricky slope thinking I could handle myself by counting, etc. you lie to yourself that you are ok, but when I look back what I did was be selfish and not think about my family and others. Starting day 15.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I always thought after leaving one of my vices behind des patching another one would be much easier . I am more of a loss at what to do with myself now. This village only seems to have pubs and due to wasting most of my young adult life on drugs I now realise I have no talents or Hobbies which makes coping about 100 times harder . And sitting in a group opening up isn't my thing