Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 07-15-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi ZaB, i'm glad you are still going strong.

I think I was on day 98 when you started this thread.

Happy "100th" anniversary
Old 07-15-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

100 days!
Way to go Zab!
I am so proud of you.
PS: I still have not figured out what you are up to with your chemistry stuff?! But, it seems to be coming along nicely anyways.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hi ZaB, i'm glad you are still going strong.

I think I was on day 98 when you started this thread.

Happy "100th" anniversary

Happy 198!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hey Mr Z is your internet down again?!

Congratulations on 100 days today!!!!

You inspired me to get myself sorted out in April and still inspiring me 100 days later...well done to you my friend

m
Old 07-15-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Happy 100, ZaB.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
OMD

Congratulations on the 100 my friend. We made it.

Best wishes
OMD
Old 07-15-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hi ZaB, i'm glad you are still going strong. I think I was on day 98 when you started this thread. Happy "100th" anniversary
Ta sc, much appreciated.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
100 days! Way to go Zab! I am so proud of you. PS: I still have not figured out what you are up to with your chemistry stuff?! But, it seems to be coming along nicely anyways.
Ta cauliflower, much appreciated.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Hey Mr Z is your internet down again?! Congratulations on 100 days today!!!! You inspired me to get myself sorted out in April and still inspiring me 100 days later...well done to you my friend m
Ta m, much appreciated. I couldn't post as I had a long trip yesterday and when I got home last night - no power.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Happy 100, ZaB.
Ta BB, much appreciated.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
Congratulations on the 100 my friend. We made it. Best wishes OMD
Ta OMD, much appreciated chap. Congrats to you too my man, we made three digits.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Day one hundred and one begins. I could not post yesterday. I had to pay an urgent visit to a client yesterday. I left rather early and got home rather late. And waiting for me at home was - darkness. We are back into our daily load shedding way of life it seems. It really is a nuisance and causes chaos in the traffic. Business first.

Physically I am great. I am eating very well. Junk food too if I am away from home. This is something that I have never been good with, but now I can actually finish a meal. I am not battling to fall asleep as much. Sleep when it does come is deep. I cannot recall any dreams or anything like that in the mornings though.

Mentally I am good. It was a good visit to site yesterday. The problems were easily solved - it helps that I have had a similar thing albeit over fifteen years ago. Just goes to show that my memory is not completely shot. It was a great feeling to explain why they were experiencing this certain problem. They did not understand or believe - so it was even better when I showed them.

Emotionally I am fair. I have my moments and periods of utter hatred and despair. The mood swings can be volatile. Not much for it at the moment. If I keep busy and keep my mind occupied I find that I don't go "there" too much and it helps. I cant do too much about it at the moment except to live it. Time?

Well on to experiments and chemistry. For those wondering what I am up to with all the chemistry and water treatment. It is all about beer. To be more specific - non-alcoholic craft beer. Certain ions and trace salts in the water enhance certain flavours and things like that. I have been busy making sure that I can produce a consistent water base for the style I have been making. As I take the alcohol out of the beer - I have to be much more delicate in making the beer to keep all the flavours that you might get from an alcoholic craft beer. There is a huge untapped market for this, not just here in SA but worldwide as people become more aware of alcohol abuse. How do I know it is NA when done - I get a chemist buddy here at work to test it for me.

Well it is time for a cup of tar and a cigarette. I am really going to have to seriously consider stopping this smoking lark. It is not easy I know, but it is something that has been bothering me for a while now.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 07-16-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I can relate ZaB with how you are feeling on the emotional side. I am ahead of you with getting over things but yes time is the healer. Just got to go with it and get through it as best you can and you will

I actually found exercising quite helpful especially the 'boxing' ones

m
Old 07-16-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Man, if you pull off the beer thing expect a few orders from Southern Spain!

Think time is the great healer...but boxing could help!
Old 07-16-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I can relate ZaB with how you are feeling on the emotional side. I am ahead of you with getting over things but yes time is the healer. Just got to go with it and get through it as best you can and you will

I actually found exercising quite helpful especially the 'boxing' ones

m
Haha m, they do say time heals all - just doesn't feel like it now.

Boxing? Me? I am way too small for that - 1,75m @ a whopping 62kg? What would I box in - ultra ultra light?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:38 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Man, if you pull off the beer thing expect a few orders from Southern Spain!

Think time is the great healer...but boxing could help!
Hey amp, no worries mate. I am already doing the feasibility studies. It takes time crunching the numbers, but it all looks good so far. Spain hey? Might just have to open a brewery there when I go global.

Not really a violent chap, but keeping busy does help.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

And so begins day one hundred and two. It id Friday. TGIF. It has been a long week for me. I was lucky to have the break out of the office on Wednesday. It is all very doom and gloom this side. The news is not good and things seem to be getting worse with our infrastructure. I need to work harder on my plans - but hey that is what I have weekends and evenings for. Business first.

Physically I am great. I had a bit of an issue falling asleep last night. I think old age is catching up with me. The aches and pains are not really fun. I took to beta-sleep and all was well after that. I slept fine and did not really have any issue besides the usual not wanting to get out of bed.

Mentally I am good. I started with the preliminary cost calculations and number crunching last night. It looks good on paper so far. There are still a lot of things I have to factor in. I am going to try out another new recipe that I have developed this afternoon. It looks promising on paper and I feel good about that.

Emotionally I am fair. I know that it is going to be another long trying weekend. I do know that I will have my moments, but I also know that there will be times where I am ok. So nothing to it but to take it one moment at a time.

Well, I have my cup of tar. My smoking buddy is hankering around outside my office. I think I should go and have a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 07-16-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Re the boxing I can't say that I am violent either, plus my arms are way too slender to actually put much in the way of muscle on. I would probably struggle just to get the gloves on and held in the air. There is a certain therapeutic element to punching the air though

Don't forget the UK when you go global with your business

Have a good day,

m
Old 07-17-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Re the boxing I can't say that I am violent either, plus my arms are way too slender to actually put much in the way of muscle on. I would probably struggle just to get the gloves on and held in the air. There is a certain therapeutic element to punching the air though

Don't forget the UK when you go global with your business

Have a good day,

m
Haha m, I will keep the UK on the map with my plan for global domination.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on the ton Zaboozer, not many people do it straight off the bat like that

When your a multi million are from your n/a beer i'll be one those people claiming to be your best friend and looking for a cash handout ha

Seriously Zab - well done fella

Not long for you now amp