Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 07-06-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is the start of day ninety two. It is clear outside, but there is a crisp bite to the air. Most would call it refreshing, but I am a child of the heat. I have my cup of tar and I have had my cigarette. Business first.

Physically I am good. I did battle do fall asleep last night. The RLS was really bad. It feels like a pain that comes and goes. I have found that if I get up and make a cup of milo or something, that it recedes. It just appears when I am very relaxed. Once you change the mind set the RLS disappears. I slept well, although way to short. I woke up a bit heavy headed and groggy, but that is to be expected with four hours sleep. I am still taking all my vitamins, although I am not taking the initial "boosting" doses that I was taking in the early days as I am eating well enough now.

Mentally I am great. I have quite a few ideas that I am mulling around in my head. I need to formulate a plan and commit it to paper. I will first test the waters though through some competitions. My mind is a lot more focussed these days. This might not always be a good thing, depending on the focus as a lot of it has to do with my wife, but it is better than living in the fuzzy dream that used to be mine when I was drinking.

Emotionally I am fair. I cannot say that it does not hurt. One can feel anger and pain at the same time. There is not much that I can do about it except work through the time frame, read and take it one day at a time.

Where do I stand at this stage of the came, well it is still one day at a time for me. I am not really focussing to much on the future with respect to certain aspects of my life. In others I have rather big plans and dreams. I think these are all normal. Other than that, it is still baby steps.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 07-06-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Morning ZaB we're with you

Have a good day friend
Old 07-07-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Make the most of the day, mate! All the best.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Morning ZaB we're with you

Have a good day friend
Old 07-07-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Make the most of the day, mate! All the best.
Always do amp.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Today is the start of day ninety three for me. There is a cold front forecast for the weekend. Just when I think it is getting better. Lesson to self - keep your mouth shut and don't jinx things. Business first.

Physically I am good. I slept very well last night. I had no trouble getting to sleep. No RLS or any sign of it. I am not sure that it is RLS, but that is what I am going to call it. I woke up fine and all is good.

Mentally I am great. I got done what I needed to yesterday. The next three days are a bit of pressure as I have another task to face. It is not that stimulating, but it will keep me busy.

Emotionally I am fair. I have my moments, but I carry on. There doesn't seem to be much use in looking back at the moment. I am sure that the time for reflection will come when it is right.

I have my cup of tar. This stuff is really bad compared to what I have at home. One of my smoking buddies has just walked in and is waiting.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 07-08-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

And so begins day ninety four. There is a crisp bite to the air outside. It is clear and it looks like it is going to be a nice day. The sky colour is already staring to change. In winter the sky is a deep blue hue here and a s the seasons change the blue becomes less pronounced. It is about the only thing I like about winter at this stage of the game. To the business.

Physically I am good. I did have a few moments of the RLS last night. It passes. I just get up and make a hot drink then all is well. I slept well last night. I did wake up in between, my own fault for going to bed at nine.

Mentally I am great. This week has flown past. I don't really know where the time goes. It feels like only yesterday that I was going through all the withdrawal symptoms. My mind is a torrent of ideas floating around. Most of them are very good ideas. I need to take some time out to think about them and formulate a plan of action.

Emotionally I am ok. I have my ups and downs. I don't know that it is getting better, but I am coping with it. A plus in the greater scheme of things.

Time for a cup of tar and a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 07-09-2015, 11:01 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Another day and another dollar. So starts day ninety five. The sun is up, I did not really want to get out of bed this morning. Business first.

Physically I am great. I slept well last night. No issues with falling asleep.

Mentally I am great. I have a test planned for the weekend, so I am looking forward to that.

Emotionally I am fair. We shall see how the weekend pans out for me.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I was beginning to wonder where you were!

Have a good day

M
Old 07-12-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hey Zab! How's it going? Hoping all is well in your world
Old 07-12-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hey, Zab. Where'd you go?

Hope to see you around again soon. How's the testing going?
Old 07-12-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I was beginning to wonder where you were!

Have a good day

M
Old 07-12-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hey Zab! How's it going? Hoping all is well in your world
All well, ta amp.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Hey, Zab. Where'd you go?

Hope to see you around again soon. How's the testing going?
Hey bb, all well. Unfortunately I am now in the waiting period for the tests.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Monday morning here and the start of day ninety eight. I was not able to post the weekend - my home internet was out. They upgraded/stuffed up the cables with the road works going on in my area. Business first.

Physically I have been great. I have slept fairly well the past few days. It has not really been too difficult to fall asleep either. I have had a good appetite and am trying to avoid take out. So this means cooking for myself. Luckily I am a rather good cook.

Mentally I am fine. I did not get to do as much as I would have liked to the weekend. In part due to me being lazy and in part that I spent most of it cleaning out fermenters that are now done and needed to be kegged. This should allow me to run a test tonight.

Emotionally I am fair. It was not an easy weekend. I am sure you all know how it is. Sometimes it does get a little bit much, but it helps to keep your eye on the bigger picture.

I started reading and completed some very interesting books this weekend. All about some guys in the states and the businesses they started and where they are in the scheme of things today. I can well and truly say that the Americans really do things differently. It is like - go big or go home. It does give some hope for this side.

My tests have been going good. So far so good. I am getting to the stage where I have repeatability. This is very good for me. I am going to take some samples to next months meeting. I don't think they know yet what I have done. The results and feedback should be interesting.

Well, time for a cup of tar and a cigarette.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 07-13-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

And so starts another double barrelled day - day ninety nine. It is light outside already. I suspect that we still have a few more cold days yet to come, but nothing that would be undoable, To the business.

Physically I am good. I slept well last night. I did not have any trouble falling asleep. I have a great appetite and I managed not to eat take out yesterday.

Mentally I am great. I am doing a lot of reading and the time is going to come rather soon I think when I need to start putting a plan into place. It is all rather daunting and exciting at the same time.

Emotionally I am fair. I have my moments. If I can keep myself busy, then I don't dwell on it too much. This is not the ideal way of dealing with it, but it is easier for me to deal with it in bite sized chunks rather than to try and tackle the whole problem.

Well, I have my cup of tar. I have some trials that I want to try this evening. It will all depend on what time I get out of here. I think I might rather leave the trials until the weekend, but we shall see.

Time for a cigarette and some crisp fresh air.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

"repeatability" of your tests? Mr Z you are sounding like a proper chemist!

Day 99 well done you...what an amazing achievement!

m
Old 07-14-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

"repeatability" of your tests? Mr Z you are sounding like a proper chemist!

Day 99 well done you...what an amazing achievement!

m
Haha m, yes repeatability. Almost like cooking or baking.

Ta a lot, much appreciated.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

99! Try as I might I'm always 14 days behind you!!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

99! Try as I might I'm always 14 days behind you!!
Haha, maybe you should look at some time-warp type machine amp?