Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 06-27-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I was born in 82 thats a awesome number Zab lol have a lovely weekernd
Haha SW, yes an awesome number, but a few behind me.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:36 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Just checking in with you ZaB that you are alive and kicking after your day experimenting

Hoping that you didn't mix phosphoric acid with calcium carbonate and got gassed out with carbon dioxide?!

You did have gloves and goggles on I hope?

M
Haha m, still kicking and still alive. Phosphoric acid into 14L water (1ml) CaCo3 into 14L water (0.5mg). No chance of gassing myself out. The chemicals are to make my water alkalinity softer and more consistent. Also to add salts that we are a bit deficient on.

Gloves - for girls. I do wear glasses if it helps.

Was it a success. Yip indeed. I wont post the pics because they might be a trigger, but lets just say that I have made the palest ordinary bitter that I have ever seen. It will come in at <0.5%ABV when I am done and will be just as full an tasty as the real thing.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-27-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Hope you've had a successful day!
Ta amp, it was indeed.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Good morning,

It is the start of day eighty three. I am sipping on a glorious cup of macchiato. My own of course. It is a horrible day out, but at lease I am indoors. To the business first.

Physically I am great. I slept well. I did have a few problems falling asleep, but that is my mind racing around. My appetite is good and I can finish a whole large pizza on my own. This is excellent compared to when I was drinking.

Mentally I am good. Yesterday's experiments seem to be a great success. It seems that the water guys that I was following are not lying. I am more than happy with the experiments. The maths, although not difficult at all, took me some time. I had to re-learn high school chemistry from scratch. It does make sense, especially when you can see the results. I will only know the true results in a couple of weeks, but it is worth waiting for. If I am right, I have a huge advantage in my favour.

Emotionally I am fair. I have had my moments. It hits when I am not busy or concentrating on anything. Thoughts of doubt, suspicion etc that creep in. This is normal with any relationship stuff up and from what I can gather is not related to my boozing days at all. It is just part of life and something that I need to deal with. I am by no means an expert, but baby steps and one day at a time seem to help. Not easy when you are the one in the dark, but no-one said life was going to be easy.

So, what are all these experiments and chemicals about. Well, the short and sweet of it is - water manipulation. I am manipulating my tap water to be the same each time. More on this at another date.

The cats are here. They have ben fed. I expect that they wish to watch the circus that is bath time.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-28-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Haha m, still kicking and still alive. Phosphoric acid into 14L water (1ml) CaCo3 into 14L water (0.5mg). No chance of gassing myself out. The chemicals are to make my water alkalinity softer and more consistent. Also to add salts that we are a bit deficient on.

Gloves - for girls. I do wear glasses if it helps.

Was it a success. Yip indeed. I wont post the pics because they might be a trigger, but lets just say that I have made the palest ordinary bitter that I have ever seen. It will come in at <0.5%ABV when I am done and will be just as full an tasty as the real thing.

Cheers,

ZAB
Good to hear that you are still alive and kicking ZaB!

I am very impressed Mr Z that you have gone back to high school chemistry to work out water softening techniques and then applied them in your own home.

That takes a lot of dedication to research so hats off to you

Just be careful with that phosphoric acid....only once have I come a cropper with it and never again.

New career beckons for you methinks?

m
Old 06-28-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your awesome Zab
Old 06-28-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Hi, Z.

Is all this chemistry for the NA stuff? I'm afraid I might have missed something, like that you are going into the designer bottled water business.

Don't laugh, it's a big thing here in First World West Coast America.

Congrats on your ongoing projects and sober time
Old 06-28-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good to hear that you are still alive and kicking ZaB!

I am very impressed Mr Z that you have gone back to high school chemistry to work out water softening techniques and then applied them in your own home.

That takes a lot of dedication to research so hats off to you

Just be careful with that phosphoric acid....only once have I come a cropper with it and never again.

New career beckons for you methinks?

m
Ta m,

Phosphoric acid is not something to play with, especially with concentrations of 85%. But if you work carefully and safely it is not bad. All in the name of alkalinity.

New career? Chemist?
Old 06-28-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Your awesome Zab
Ta SW, not so sure about awesome mate, just sure about me.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Hi, Z.

Is all this chemistry for the NA stuff? I'm afraid I might have missed something, like that you are going into the designer bottled water business.

Don't laugh, it's a big thing here in First World West Coast America.

Congrats on your ongoing projects and sober time
Hi BB,

Yip, basically I am manipulating my water to be consistent every time for whatever style. Certain minerals affect certain tastes etc.

Maybe I can make a spinoff on bottled water. It seems with everything else crumbling this side that our water quality is on its way down too.

Ta, much appreciated.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-28-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

And so begins day eighty four. It is Monday morning this side. I am not particularly happy to be at work. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful. I just don't find what I do exciting anymore. Business first.

Physically I am good. I slept well last night. I did not have any problems falling asleep. A funny thing was that the RLS hit me during the afternoon. It did not return after it had passed. It does not happen every day. I am still taking all my minerals, so I wonder if it is just age catching up with me. My appetite is good.

Mentally I am great. My mind and concentration are more focussed than they have been in years. In the early days of recovery, these two facets come along in leaps and bounds and it is very noticeable. After a while though, the improvement is less noticeable. It is always good though to be able to summon these faculties at will.

Emotionally I am fair. It was another weekend spent in the company of my two little lions. I did not venture out. It was too cold. Sometimes I do crave the company and comfort of someone. I know that this would be looking for trouble at this stage of the game. I know first hand that this would only create more problems. I am lucky that I have the two little ones.

Well, the news this morning is not good. Same old depressing Monday morning stuff. Corruption in the government. Public services and utilities that are failing. More mass action and job cuts. It somehow seems to me that we are fast approaching the brink of civil disobedience. I really don't know what to think or say about it anymore.

Tar and cigarettes are calling.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-29-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Ta m,

Phosphoric acid is not something to play with, especially with concentrations of 85%. But if you work carefully and safely it is not bad. All in the name of alkalinity.

New career? Chemist?
When you hit the jackpot Mr Z with your new business adventure there will be no need for you to get your hands dirty on those corrosive chemicals.

I know of a good chemist who doesn't mind getting her gloves on
should you need one

m
Old 06-29-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep on keeping on Zab your doing great
Old 06-29-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

When you hit the jackpot Mr Z with your new business adventure there will be no need for you to get your hands dirty on those corrosive chemicals. I know of a good chemist who doesn't mind getting her gloves on should you need one m
Haha m,

I shall keep that in mind when I take over the world.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Keep on keeping on Zab your doing great
Ta SW, much appreciated.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

It is the start of day eighty five for me. Another day and another dollar or so they say. Business first.

Physically I am good. I slept well last night. I had a few moments trying to get to sleep. I have no dreams that I can recall and everything else seems fine.

Mentally I am good. I am reading a lot and listening to a lot of podcasts by the experts. I find it quite interesting. There are some very interesting view points out there.

Emotionally I am fair. I have my dark moments. I think a lot has to do with the season. I am not a winter fan at all. Baby steps and all that.

It is a Tuesday morning here. The sun is not yet up. It is rather chilly out. I cant really get myself going today. I just don't feel like it. I think we all have these days, it just seems to be particularly bad today.

Aahh well, lets see if the office tar and a cigarette will fix it.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-30-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 85!
Old 06-30-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
Congratulations on day 85!
Ta Cauliflower, much appreciated.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:26 AM