View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Thinking of getting a new number, my original slip over a month ago was associated with a worrying text from this same person and they later admitted- once I'd slipped that it was all lies designed to get me to stop me being 'boring and sober' and back out to the pubs. Some people are evil. Have to just ignore drunken texts until I get a new number, Im anxious enough without all this!!
A phone number is not a bad idea at all. New life, new control over who I want contacting me. I didn't go the new phone route this time but I will say that one of the absolute BEST decisions I made in my first week was to delete my Facebook account. And I mean, I FULLY deleted it. Found a program that went through and deleted all my old posts and pictures and comments. So there's no way I can get drunk later and decide to log back in and everything is just like I left it. It's been one of the most freeing decisions I've made so far in recovery and all that time I used to waste on there has been diverted to SR. Much much healthier for me than keeping up with all my old drinking buddies on FB.