Notices

One Year & Over Part 26

Old 06-27-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Since getting my laptop fixed i've been downloading music again.
Been dancing around to this for two days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6lFjswoB7k

I had a bit of a breakdown the other day...it all became too much, I almost quit my job. Everything was bad. I was panicking.

I calmed down after a night's sleep and I remembered that the days before that low came, i was real high, feeling above the world. I realize that i need to be careful to not have these crazy swings of highs and lows. Can't live like that. I have to try to be more even.

I'm up to 10 km on my runs! Yaay.

Rusty I really liked what you said about playing music. That's great.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

...How do you get the video to show in the post, so its not just a link? I couldn't figure it out.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Love talking heads IP and well done on the runs! I do just enough to keep fit and no more! I'm glad you let yourself take time to think before acting and recognised that you were on a it of a. Emotional roller coaster.

Zip thanks for that sweetie, and glad your foot is getting better, if slowly.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs. The sky looks nice tonight, mackerely.

Thanks, itchy, your insights always helpful .

Inpar 10 k nice one. Hope the ups and downs smooth out. The endorphines from your runs may help somewhat.

I got breaking bad but haven't got into it and stopped watching it. Gonna have to give it another coat of looking at.

Hiya toots, Gilmer, Fbl, Dee, and all my friends.

I remember when I was around 17 years old and I knew everything, Just like everyone else my age and anyone over 30, well ancient!!!

How the mighty fall and keep falling and stumbling.

The path of life isn't a smooth one but we don't have to Go over the cobbly sticking up bits which cause us to trip. We can, watch where we put our feet, tread carefully and Be aware.

I say this, because sometimes I just make life difficult for myself. There's absolutely no reason in the world to put myself under the stress but hey, there's a cobble, Go trip on it, Mags!

I think one of my biggest regrets of life , besides the obvious of course!, is why wasn't I nicer to myself, why didn't I give myself a break. Ah well, such is life.

Enough pontificating for one day!

Enjoy rest of your weekend.

Last edited by Mags1; 06-27-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 06-27-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((((Mags))))) I think your a really nice person

Sorry you had a really bad day (((((InPar)))))

(((((Toots))))) hope your foot feels better asap you done amazing with your 5k run

Hi Itchy thanks for all the nice things you say hope your ear is better

Hello to FBL, Rusty, Oll, Dee, Drake, and any overs ive missed
Old 06-27-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wolfie, John Locke, of course. He was so wise. We should've guessed when he walked the outcome, really, but I don't think I went down that road.

Just like when sixth sense was on with Bruce Willis and the light bulb pinged in my head on their anniversary dinner! It didn't with lost.

Hi zippy.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wolfie, I can see our two year mark coming up in the not so far distant future.

Wow, time flies when you're having fun.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Plugging along, plugging along. Working on an amazing sunny day.
BUT I got out for 6k this morning. I was going to do 10k again, but it was so hot and I didn't have a hat on or enough water so I thought I'd do the big girl thing and turn around.

Toots--running is my only outlet at the moment. I'm going "all out" because I love it and it feels good and really it's the only thing I have going on right now other than work and dating a guy who works all the freaking time. This town is just real small.

I think I need the challenge or I'll go nutso.

I never got into Breaking Bad or Lost. I got into Orange is the New Black in a big way though, recently.

Mags you are so right about what you said about avoiding the cobbly, sticking up bits. Because usually you know damn well they're there, it's just whether you have the smarts and the strength to just go around them.

It never stops amazing me how much there is to learn about the world and living in it.....thankful to have the wherewithal to keep learning, not looking through a fog of alcohol, self-hatred and poor health.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, Sunday morning, wet weather and I'm watching a squirrel on our bird table taking nuts and burying them in the garden! He will forget where he's buried them.

I've got sky news on speaking about shootings in Tunisia. A young woman in Lincolnshire, not too far from here got killed only 24. A lad at work was going a month or so ago but went elsewhere after the last attack. Where will it end?

Inpar I don't think running and heat Go well together do they!

It's one of those days I'm going to catch up at home and take stock.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday. By the way, we found a great site, if you've got smart TV where they have all the latest films and many many TV series. It works in UK but can't see why it wouldn't work abroad. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it though.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Magsie

You know, I was just pondering again, could be dangerous, lol. Then I forgot what I was pondering over! I'm sure it was interesting, if I could remember!

Welcome to old age Mags, my mum always said I was as old as Methuselah!

I've halved, with the doctor, my anti depressants dosage, to try them for a few months, but I can feel a difference already, though I still can't cry. Even when I laugh which I did often. Don't you just love laughing till you cry, what a tonic!

I saw there was a laughter yoga, not tried it though.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

The thing I love most about Mr T is our shared weird humour. He can make me laugh until tears run down my leg regularly! It keeps a marriage going when the passion dies down.

Mags, I was always tough on myself, I think I just wanted to beat everyone else to it. Now I treat myself nicer because I know I am a nice person. That isn't blowing my own trumpet,math at is accepting the fact that even if I'm far from perfect, I have a lot of good points. You ought to make a note of all of yours and remind yourself regularly. My first signature here was just a sentence I wrote 'how can you expect others to love you if you don't love yourself?'

Hi Wolfie, sleeping well??

A miserable Sunday here,Mobut I got the gardening done that I wanted to and am fighting a cold so we are having a lazy day. Three in bed just now, Molly taking up the middle, hubby & I lying on the edges! Aye, it's a dogs life!

IP yeah, see you run for the enjoyment. I run because if I didn't my butt would need its own zipcode.

Happy SunMonday. All
Old 06-28-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Magsie

It is a dogs life, too true, toots! Hope you enjoy your relaxing time. I love laughing till I cry. I've done it a lot and I think I need to relax my brain a bit and chill.

I started on my running machine earlier, gonna try to Go on it every day and build up my time.

Wolfie and Mrs Wolfie probably still enjoying the big comfortable bed. It is Sunday, after all!
Old 06-28-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, I love me some Talking Heads! I played them to death on my college radio station back in the day. "Burning Down The House" always makes me smile
BTW, to get the YouTube video to show up, just delete everything up to, and including, the equal sign (=) in your link. Easy peasy.

Rusty, love your outlook on life. Hope the foot heals soon!

Mags, I think it's called being human. Whenever I get a little down, I just think of what a nightmare my life was as an active alcoholic and all of a sudden I start to feel better. Conquering our particular addiction is quite an accomplishment and we need to give ourselves a little credit where it's due (without getting too big for our britches, of course).

Wolfie, an early congrats on your two years.

The weather here has been beautiful the past few days. Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s...just the way I like my summer

Have a great Sunday, overs!
Old 06-28-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

toots, i cant find your friend undie

not in memberlist
Old 06-28-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon Overs hope everyone has had a good weekend thanks Mags & FBL on our upcoming 2 yr sober anniversary

Waiting on our first big online grocery shop getting delivered no carrying bags lol

Spk soon guys
Old 06-28-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Oh you folks are making me laugh this morning. Mags how do you know the squirrel is going to forget them? Is that what they do? Do you get to watch him look for them later and do you ever try to help him. Haha.
Toots its funny that you brought up loving ourselves....when I was running this morning (4k) I had a bit of an AHA! moment as I was running along thinking about this guy I'm seeing who's driving me nuts...it suddenly popped into my head that I've got a Desperate Love Me Gene. Those words. I think my need to be loved has been the ruling aspect of my life, making me make lots of wrong decisions......and pressuring this poor guy to move faster than he obviously is ready to. And yes I absolutely think it comes from my mom being messed up and not a loving person.
When I realized how much this motivation has been causing me to steer my life, everything from day to day stuff to big life decisions, and keeping me from really accepting love from others cause I was always trying to TAKE it rather than ACCEPT it, it sort of gave me the freedom to love myself and also love others too.
Whoa that is heavy stuff for a sunday morning.

Oh and Toots believe me I am NOT out there purely for enjoyment haha.

FBL I knew you would be a Talking Heads fan! Thanks for the video tip.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

That's really significant, InPar!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Trudgin

A year ago I posted something on this forum - I think maybe it was about how you did it?? I was politely told this side is for the over one year crowd and my post was moved as I recall. It's all pretty fuzzy......

Regardless - this is my first visit since that time. Wow, I really like the view from here, the wall paper is very cool and the shag rug color coordinates well!

It's seems quieter over here, more serene perhaps?? Do I need to sign some form, or take an oath of some sort?

Wasn't sure I'd make it here, but glad to be with ya'll!!!!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Hi, Fly!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Fly
Old 06-28-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hiya Flynbuy!! The overs are an interesting group of people, for sure! A massive welcome and well done to you