Notices

One Year & Over Part 26

Old 06-25-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Great catching up with everyone's news!

SW - ahhhh, the bliss of a brand new bed!! I have been fortunate in that I have experienced this twice in my life - enjoy, relish, sleeeep.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks FeelingGood
Old 06-25-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Magsie

Feeling-good and wolfie, it is bliss isn't it. We got ours last year and still love it. when does it change to become matter of fact?

Wolfie, you're putting me through loads of memories with your lost pics. He was one of my favourites, but you know, I can't remember his name only his ability to walk. Strange.

Well it's my work favourite day of the week. Got the pension road show today, which began yesterday for our area and I'm told it's leaving a bitter taste in everyone's mouth! It won't affect me so much but my other half been there nearly 40 years.
Apparently, the weathers going to be sunny or dry tomorrow then rain for all next week. Yippee. Not. Such is life. I won't need to water the plants.

Talking of water, we went on a water meter three months ago, voluntarily. We got our first bill and we've saved less than half!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

A damp morning here, but not damp enough to mean I don't have to water my trees.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Mags his name is john locke and hes one of my fav characters but so is everyone else lol the show was so awesome i encourage anyone to watch it

Good luck with the rest of the roadshow Mags

Big good morning to all the overs
Old 06-26-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I have never seen an episode of lost! I missed the beginning episodes and from reviews knew it was something to watch from the start. I guess I will catch it some day. Tried watching breaking bad recently when it went back to episode one, but I guess I just wasn't feeling it.

Hope y'all have a great weekend planned x
Old 06-26-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Toots im watching Breaking bad at the moment im on the last season tv plays a episode mon-fri i think it started off exellent i still like it just dont get walts change so much but il keep watching i love aaron paul's portrayal of Jesse hes the stand up character in my eyes & the episode with a young gus & his 'buisness partner' i think is my favorite episode

As for lost Toots i was the exact same i only finished watching it recently i watched that bk 2 bk and bought the dvds

I watched season 1 on ch4 in 2004 then sky 1 bought the rights and i forgot all about it

So when i finished watching it 5 years after everyone else had the moment was a lonely one with me just smiling saying wow lol

I think most ppl would love it
Old 06-26-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Breaking Bad builds. Persevere at the beginning.

I love Jesse, too.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

i hope i'm do'n better then that guy too fbl!!!
Old 06-26-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I think that Breaking Bad is the best TV series ever...and I've watched A LOT of TV over the years Did anybody here watch Better Call Saul? I heard some great things about it elsewhere.

Oh, BTW...THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!

Old 06-26-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Do your best

My brother is a big breaking bad fan and has said better call saul is exellent aswell

I wanted to get into Alcatraz but i think it was cancelled mid season 2 ?
Old 06-26-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Do your best

All deliveries have arrived im off out for a jog in the sunshine

Spk soon guys
Old 06-26-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

We started watching Breaking Bad, stopped after a couple episodes, tried again a few months later, got really into, and then our DVR erased a bunch of episodes in the middle, so we have been at a standstill. I'm glad we gave it another shot because we ended up liking it, but bummed we can't finish it at this time. We had wanted to try Better Call Saul but I guess forgot about it.
Jericho was another show I really liked, binge watched after it had already been on TV. It had been cancelled, but an uprising of loyal fans caused them to put up another 6 episodes to atleast finish out the story. Pretty cool.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Do your best

Cool Oll
Old 06-26-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
I don’t know where I ever found time to go to work either. I have as fulfilling a life as I allow myself. No matter my age or circumstances life has been, is now, and will always be a trip. I look on my alcoholism as a gift, a set of experiences that taught me how arrogant I was in thinking alcoholics were weak. They, now we, survived self-inflicted stresses and losses, the worst of which was my self-esteem. But the present has always been like a book to me, where I know the hero always gets out somehow and prevails. But I still can’t wait to turn the page and see what happens.

Every time I think it’s not fun anymore I get another wild and wonderful thing come my way. I call them pennies from heaven. Not because I am faithful/fearful to any God, gods, or goddesses, but because I’ve learned if I don’t ask, no one can ever say yes. And that the universe is a boundless energy source if we just stop fighting it, fighting ourselves. There are endless fun things possible and none of us can pack much of it, relatively, into a lifetime.

There the rub. We have to choose, do, then press on. If we procrastinate over choosing we never get to do. If we never get to do, we can never press on. I’ve always felt lazy but get comments all the time about my energy and broad perspective. I periodically sell it all and start over. See, I can again anything.

So can you!

Gil,
Grats on the kiddo! I’m happy you got some good time with your dad.

RZ,
In a bed they aren’t called seatbelts. They’re restraints!

Toots,
There y go being regular to run again. IP must have been right!

IP,
That is serendipitous!

OLL,
Yep, AA is not the scary thing many paint it to be. But like you, I found it invaluable for the time I needed it. Nice to hear you pressed on and tried.
Wolf,
It is the simple things.

FG,
Agree !

FBL,
O'Jays, yeah!

Electrician's coming early to install a 30 amp outdoor outlet for my RV, and installing a security light too.
Nite.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

itchy hope your sparky lights up your world!

Hey Zip how's the foot? We have an Undie Amp123 who is a muso at 10 weeks sobriety. He is really struggling with how to keep playing when he just associates playing with drinking. I said I know a few musos here ( other than Dee, who gave him some great advice as ever) and he would love to hear of your experiences with sobriety and playing. If you get time would you reach out to him with a few words of advice and support?

I hope y'all have a great weekend ahead, we've no specific plans as yet but hope to do something today while the sun is shining.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Yes, I watched "Better Call Saul" and thought it was really well done--but I didn't like him always being on the short end of the stick.

Now next season--next season, I think, is where the rubber is going to meet the road!
Old 06-27-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

toots, i went to band rehearsal last night

foots not healed, though it's not screaing angry this morning

i did not play in a band or out till almost 2 years in recovery

i built that firm foundation

i remember the first night i was at an open jam night

was on stage, all nerved up, and a waitress was going by with a tray of tequila shots

for a split second my mind said belt one down

i didn't

we started the tune, a few seconds in the fear left

and i never looked in the mirror since!

i hear & play music in a way i never knew i could

one of my fave gigs is at a local boat club, lots of drinking going on

i'm there for entertainment

not chic shopping, looking to drink or looking for drugs

so toots, until i find your friend unk'aamp

send him this
Old 06-27-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 439 (permalink)