Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 3)

Old 05-26-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Great. My wife's on week 3 recovery from a hysterectomy. Just found out her short term stuff was filed on a new pay period. She's going 2 pay periods with no pay or back pay, because of a glitch. Bad luck for us. I mean bad. I would be so pissed at the world if we didn't have bills in the red and a loan payment the size of a house note, I got to consolidate our mess. Just frustrated that can't take kids to the beach this yr, and now probably can't keep phone/power/insurances going.
I'm pretty frugal but my wife isn't. That's actually the only "flaw" I could point at, and god knows I've got 2 handfuls of fingers could be wiggled at me. 3or4 of em are different brands of booze !!
One a better note, I called and got more days on my second job. Be working every weekend until July but, it'll make a little difference I hope (and pray)
Just found dry erase board. Gonna make a plan to focus on to help stay straight and not get offtrack with life's BS drama, (DRAMA !!! Who's got that)????
Shutting up now.
I won't drink today if y'all won't!
---- sound off if you're sober today, no matter what--
I need to hear it pls.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TENtx View Post
Checking in, day #5.

Just finished my first, completely sober, long holiday weekend since the Labor Day weekend right before I started college.

That was in September of 1974, over 40 years ago.

It's about time, right?
Fantastic! brilliant, well done you xx
Old 05-26-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I'm sober, JL. Sorry for the stress you're under. I know it doesn't help to hear this but "this too shall pass." Stay sober and keep those fingers off booze bottles and cans. Talk about a bad idea when you're in the hole financially!
Old 05-26-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

JL, I have to spend my entire weeks wage this week paying my bar bill in one pub, I hate the thought that I drink that much money rather than spending it wisely. Seem to be playing catch up all the time financialy.

I hope your wife is well again soon.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I won't drink today if y'all won't!
Sounds like a bargain for both of us!

Financial worry can eat me up worse than almost any other kind, but never once has drinking at the problem made it better (in fact it usually makes them worse). Actually now that I think about it, drinking has never even really made me forget my woes for a short period like us drunks often like to lie and boast that booze can do. Being drunk just makes it easier for me to wallow in them.

Hang in there, JL, sounds like you're doing the right things right now--coming in here and venting, asking for help, getting extra hours at your other job, and, especially, not drinking. Good work!

And since you asked, I'm sober today and proud of it!

Just got in from first day's training at the new job. It was boring as I expected it to be. Tomorrow looks to be more hands-on though so should be better.

Congrats to TENtx for his first sober holiday weekend and thanks to everyone else who has posted today. I've read all the posts in here but not going to comment on each one as I need a short nap before dinner. Wishing each and every one of you the best!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Re-Member

My addiction is trying to whisper sweet words of love to me right now. First time I've really heard from it in five or six days. I was reading another post on here about someone refusing a drink at a party this weekend and they went into a little detail about how the drink looked and probably smelled, and all of a sudden something clicked in my head and I started thinking of how good a cold whiskey and coke would taste right now. I didn't even drink whiskey and cokes! Well, not in years anyways.

I'm not going to drink but thought I'd better post for accountability's sake. Just cracked open an ice cold Dr Pepper and it'll taste way better than that other stuff and won't make me want ten more Dr Peppers in the next three hours. Think it's time to make dinner as well.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Ten you rock!
JL - I got a credit card bill that I am putting my drinking $ towards every week.

Nasty headache on day 8. Thunderstorm not helping.

You all have a good and sober 24 hours!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Administrator

Play the tape through - that inviting one drink is only the pre credits sequence to the same old disaster movie, guys

D
Old 05-26-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

You seem like such a great class! It's nice to have you here. I'm from the class of October 2014 but I've had some slips and May is a new start for me.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you've joined us, BrighterDayz! We do have a great crew here. Lots of caring and good sobriety to be had with us.

Cravings and thoughts of drinking gone. Dr Pepper was wonderfully delicious. I might even have one more tonight though I don't really need that much caffeine in the evening. Instead of starting dinner, I took a shower first. Now it's time for dinner and today's Community episode. I'll be sticking close to here tonight.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome BD

D
Old 05-26-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I'm finally ready to join.

I've been lurking several months. I want to join this class before it slips away. You guys are awesome-- I'll post more tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to the Class of May 2015, Bebrave! Looking forward to getting to know you better. Post often as you can!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too bebrave

D
Old 05-26-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Welcome new friends, some old friends from on here.
Huge congrats to our milestone makers so far. I'm glad to be sober today. I mean GLAD.
Hugs to all, and hopes for a good midweek !
Old 05-26-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just checking in. Husband is in the other room drinking Martinis and for once instead of wanting to join him in feeling grateful to not have to drink tonight. Thanks again for being here. Proud to be a part of this group.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Just cracked open an ice cold Dr Pepper and it'll taste way better than that other stuff and won't make me want ten more Dr Peppers in the next three hours.
Dr. Pepper is the best. Last night I wanted one so bad I went to the gas station to find a caffeine free Dr. Pepper. They didn't have any but I did get Dr. Pepper flavored licorice.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
You seem like such a great class! It's nice to have you here. I'm from the class of October 2014 but I've had some slips and May is a new start for me.
Me too BrighterDayz. I was in October also. Glad to see you back.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eliasson View Post
Hi all. Just checking in. Husband is in the other room drinking Martinis and for once instead of wanting to join him in feeling grateful to not have to drink tonight. Thanks again for being here. Proud to be a part of this group.
My husband is at the bar tonight with his friends and I am glad to be home & sober!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Morning from me, checking in for day 2. Thank you for all the support yesterday, it really got me through.
Casey, I sometimes get that too, all this reading about drinking, sometimes makes me think of having a drink!
I've downloaded "The Sober Revolution" and will start reading that today, any one read it?
Hello to all our new members, great to have you here!!