Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 2

Old 04-12-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 12. Still on vacation and off to the beach today. Hope you all are well.

Stay strong, stay sober.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I have an upcoming business trip where I have to take a client out to dinner. The client drinks heavily. I'm in angst that I will drink. I know what everyone is going to say. I have to devise a plan to avoid drinking. And no I can't avoid the trip/dinner.
Tang I know exactly how you feel! We have dinners at my work and most all drink heavily. However, you can do this. You can be the bigger person. Think about it! It's going to be one moment in time that will define your whole evening. It's when you order that first drink - make it a non-alcoholic one. Heck - don't order and stick with water. Drive to the dinner. Then if someone asks why your not drinking. Tell them your driving, that will put anyone in their place. Then anyone who is drinking and driving also, thinks about it. It's a non-topic at that point. All I know is you can do this...Put God First.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Day 12 for me. Feeling dandy and ready to seize the day. There's no doubt I'm on the right path. Went to an inspiring AA meeting yesterday morning. What a great fellowship. Lots of wisdom and support in those rooms.
Just very grateful to my HP and SR readers. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome Martina
Tang - there's nothing so daunting a great plan can't deal with.

do you have any ideas?

D
I'm going to have to play the medical card. This guy will expect heavy drinking and won't understand teetotaling.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goose1 View Post

Tang I know exactly how you feel! We have dinners at my work and most all drink heavily. However, you can do this. You can be the bigger person. Think about it! It's going to be one moment in time that will define your whole evening. It's when you order that first drink - make it a non-alcoholic one. Heck - don't order and stick with water. Drive to the dinner. Then if someone asks why your not drinking. Tell them your driving, that will put anyone in their place. Then anyone who is drinking and driving also, thinks about it. It's a non-topic at that point. All I know is you can do this...Put God First.
Wish I could use driving excuse, but it's in NYC - no car.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
nmd

Despite posting before hand, I wasn't ready for dinner out last night. It turned into 5 pints in 6 hours
Old 04-12-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
nmd

Despite posting before hand, I wasn't ready for dinner out last night. It turned into 5 pints in 6 hours
Old 04-12-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Well NMD, you are going to have to pick up your bicycle and get back on. Better luck this time around.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Coming here and being honest is a good step at fixing it.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm fairly new to posting and just posted in the wrong thread and can't delete it. Anyway, I hope I'm in the right place now!

What I wanted to say was please can I join this class.
I've been reading through the posts and can so relate to what everyone says. I've been planning this as day 1 for a while and am feeling very anxious. I didn't sleep last night as I found out that one of my sons may well be developing a drinking problem too and my anxiety level went through the roof.
It is definitely time for me to quit and give up the moderation idea I have been trying and failing at for so many years. I can't stand all the guilt and worry any longer.

I would be honoured to join you.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby21 View Post
Hi all. I'm fairly new to posting and just posted in the wrong thread and can't delete it. Anyway, I hope I'm in the right place now! What I wanted to say was please can I join this class. I've been reading through the posts and can so relate to what everyone says. I've been planning this as day 1 for a while and am feeling very anxious. I didn't sleep last night as I found out that one of my sons may well be developing a drinking problem too and my anxiety level went through the roof. It is definitely time for me to quit and give up the moderation idea I have been trying and failing at for so many years. I can't stand all the guilt and worry any longer. I would be honoured to join you.
Welcome Rudy. You have come to the right place.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ruby,

Good to meet you. You're in the right place!

The anxiety will settle down the longer you are sober, in my experience, but the adjustment period can be difficult. Give yourself time.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
EJP

Day 4. And Im feeling okay back amongst the somewhat living.

Ive spent the last three days mostly in bed but my appetite really returned last night and i ate two dinners and slept pretty good. My stomache hardly hurts now so thats good but im still anxious at everything and everyone.

Im hoping to be productive today and get a two mile walk in before it rains.

I did have some AV chatter last night already.... dang this beast.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
EJP

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I'm going to have to play the medical card. This guy will expect heavy drinking and won't understand teetotaling.
Thats a good plan. You could say you have a blood test for life insurance coming up and need your liver enzymes to be perfect.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
EJP

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Well NMD, you are going to have to pick up your bicycle and get back on. Better luck this time around.
If you cannot avoid going to dinners maybe you could try non-alcoholic beer? Some people really find that works for them.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new thread D

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 04-12-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Plan, plan, plan. You are so right, all. I need a plan. Still developing one.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day six here! Another 11 hour sleep! It's sunny out and I'm feeling hopeful and happy.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks for those links Sober Wolf. Will give them a read! Always good to be well informed :-)
Old 04-12-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Ejp

Well done on four days and so glad you were able to eat! Progress :-)