Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 2

Old 04-13-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EJP View Post
Day 5 here. Its been a long day and Im exhausted. Still having digestive and heartburn issues but overall feeling okay.
I had to stop at grocery store this morning and the anxiety wasnt too bad. So thats a good sign
Ive been eating twice at night lately and just trying to keep meals relatively healthy.

Welcome to our new members!
Great job EJP! I still haven't managed a successful grocery shop-so you give me hope! No idea whats with the panic attacks in the grocery store...

Congrats on day 5 and the grocery shop!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Completed one week.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There is something that can prevent those purchases Mr F - it's you + support

thought any more about real life support?

D
Like what give me an hint I've tried everything I am too weak I think.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's any number of good ideas in this thread MrF.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

D
Old 04-14-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I wish there was a credit card or a debit card they would not allow purchases of alcohol I would get one and let somebody else take care of my money just use my card to buy hamburgers gas and fishing lures
I feel your pain! My local shops have walls filled with alcohol and I have been a regular for some time. That being said, a couple of things have worked for me. First, I leave my debit card at home and only take the exact cash I need for whatever I'm purchasing. Second, I haven't been going into food shops off ******** etc unless I've needed a sweet fix or something. The bigger shops are easier for me as they're huge so I can avoid a whole aisle!
Old 04-14-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amitranjan04 View Post
Completed one week.
Congratulations Ami!
Old 04-14-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day four here. I have woken up with a bizarre amount of energy, something I haven't had for some considerable time, even prior to the slip last week.

Hope everyone is having a lovely morning. It's so sunny here in London again :-)
Old 04-14-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 3 I'm one day behind you JaneLane and in the UK too!
My second sleepless night..I have a nasty cough which kept me awake and I suspect the sweaty first night may in part an incubating bug Ugghh!!!
Feeling so rough I can't go to the gym today although I am going to have to try to work from home..
Went to bed early last night...I'm also reading a book on mindfulness Chadders!
Thank goodness I am not drinking as I fear I would feel even worse than I do now..
Have a good day all
Old 04-14-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Martina

I have drunk through illness and my goodness it was bad. You're doing a great job!
Old 04-14-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Well day eight for me. It does get better I promise.

Have a good one
Old 04-14-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Originally Posted by amitranjan04 View Post
Completed one week.
Congratulations! That first week is so important!

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Well day eight for me. It does get better I promise.
Congratulations on 8 days!! Well done.
------

I seem to be stuck in nasty cycle. I really need to put the brakes on this and get moving into sobriety. I can't remember the last time I had several nights of good sleep in a row. I am really tired of being tired.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me too! Feeling good overall! For those that are struggling.. Seriously give it a chance! It really does get easier. I'm on Wellbutrin because I suffer from depression and smoked. The Wellbutrin is helping me a lot with withdrawal and cravings! Also 5 days smoke free as well!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to everyone on a milestone
Old 04-14-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Still here. Still not drinking.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
Congratulations Ami!
Thanks Jane !
Old 04-14-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
EJP

Day 6 begins.

Had a rough time falling asleep last night and my energy is pretty low this morning. It feels like its going to be an emotional day. On the bright side, it seems like some brain fog is lifting and Im not as confused at all the little things. Yesterday I was making dinner and putting things away in the wrong places, couldn't find things I had already used, etc... It was pretty odd.

Anyway, I hope to get a good walk and stretch in today. My back is kiling me from all this time spent in bed over the past few days and I need some exercise.

Seems like a lot of us are starting to make some good progress. This is going to be a great week!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
OMD

Yes we're hitting a lot of milestones this week! Day 8 for me - one week complete!

For those that are just starting out, I already feel very different to one week ago. I am not being complacent but long may it continue...

Have a good day all. Just turning into the evening here but I am determined I will go to bed sober.

Take care all

OMD
Old 04-14-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
dun

Still hanging in there. Day 2.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
dun

still here, not drinking. Day 2
Old 04-14-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Last booze: April 10 2015

Great to see so many of us April-ers sticking to it! Day 4 for me and I'm starting to feel a slight improvement in my health and my clarity of thought. Slept slightly better last night but still not great. I'm conscious of being over-confident though but I have to say again, coming on here after work is something I really look forward to! Didn't get chance to log on at work today but now I'm home cooking (went food shopping again and strolled past my local like it wasn't there!) so here I am. Luckily I don't connect work with drinking at all - it's very rare we do anything socially together. On Thursday evening though I'm going with a few colleagues to see a play a workmate of mine is directing. Ordinarily I would be on the beers but I feel strangely positive about it! At the moment I'm looking forward to going there sober and trying some different soft drinks. Tomato juice is a fave but I tend to drink it quite fast. Any good long drink suggestions welcome! Hopefully watching the play sober I'll actually enjoy it instead of hazing through and then rushing to get out so I can cram a few more before I get home. That isn't going to happen this time!
Beautiful day in London today so I'm really pleased that the beer garden didn't tempt me. Well, it tempted me but the temptation passed VERY quickly! :-)
Best Wishes everyone!
C