Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 2

Old 04-13-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcoem back soberlife

I hope you'll feel better soon...if you're concerned do see a Dr, ok?

D
Old 04-13-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I think it's just the hangover but at least I don't ever have to feel like this again
Old 04-13-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 13.

Made it through the weekend. Thoughts plagued me that I could just have a drink to relax. I went back and forth about just cutting back instead of quitting. But, I've tried that many times before and it doesn't work. I'm looking forward to a good week.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me today. Still very early on and I didn't sleep too well last night, lots of anxiety and night sweats. I have already had to politely decline a pub lunch with colleagues today...told them that I was on diet which involved no alcohol for the foreseeable future. Looking forward to an early night if I can get the kids off to bed early too. Hope everyone is doing ok?
Old 04-13-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Day 2 for me today. Still very early on and I didn't sleep too well last night, lots of anxiety and night sweats. I have already had to politely decline a pub lunch with colleagues today...told them that I was on diet which involved no alcohol for the foreseeable future. Looking forward to an early night if I can get the kids off to bed early too. Hope everyone is doing ok?
Hey Martina, have a look at urge surfing for the anxiety. It really helps.. The night sweats will pass soon.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great start to the week everyone
Old 04-13-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by amitranjan04 View Post
Day 7 for me. Feeling better with each day.
Same here and same here! Today was the first day I didn't wake up multiple times during the night and start the day with a big headache.

Sincere thanks, by the way, to all who post here. I have failed at stopping before and have never shared the challenge with anyone else. I have 4 hours each day that are tougher than the others, and your encouraging posts really do help during that part of our daily journey. Nearly a week sober...

OMD
Old 04-13-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Martina, all I can say is it just gets easier and even at Day 7 I can already promise you 100% that it is worth it. I too had an early night last night and it was the best night I have had in a very long time. So yes, I am doing ok, thank you, and very soon you will be too!

Best wishes

OMD
Old 04-13-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi Class-day seven here! Last night was tough, had a few cravings but got through them. Thought through the drink and told myself I would post before I took the drink. I also reminded myself that Tuesday was my first day back at work and the first day I would not be hungover or in active withdrawal. It's silly, but I really want to work sober and have my colleagues see me healthy and not looking like death. So I had a bath, vacuumed and the craving passed.

Today has been easier, lots of walks in the sunshine with the dog. I am very very tired though, despite having a good long sleep. Apparently I am a napper now (never been in my life), so off for a nap now.

So happy to be a part of the April class with all of you-we can do this!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Back to day 2. Made an appointment with a counselor to help me work through some of my stress/anxiety issues. Also have experience with alcoholism, so looking forward to having an open discussion with someone who really understands the subject.

Unfortunately my support network has similar issues and maybe don't really support trying to quit. Not sure my wife really understands the complexities either. Hope to report back with more peace of mind tomorrow.

Best wishes to everyone, stay strong.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
"The AV wrote that." "More AV". Thank you Dee for calling me out.
good tip about the av
Old 04-13-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Sober all weekend and no hangover today.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Last booze: April 10 2015

Hi All,
Just realised what this thread was all about! Durr! I'd love to join in please! Took my last codeine on 2nd April and last alcohol on 10th, so I'm delighted to say Day 3 AF is coming to a successful end! Cooked a nice meal (eating early and healthily is really helping me during the early evening which is my normal kick-off time) and about to go and relax in bed with a book about mindfulness. Looking forward to tomorrow! Good luck everyone!
C
Old 04-13-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Chadders
Old 04-13-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I wish there was a credit card or a debit card they would not allow purchases of alcohol I would get one and let somebody else take care of my money just use my card to buy hamburgers gas and fishing lures
Old 04-13-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

There is something that can prevent those purchases Mr F - it's you + support

thought any more about real life support?

D
Old 04-13-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
dun

Im back, again. Gonna give it a go, 1 day clean. This is the worst time for me, dealing with all of the mess I made.
I know it gets better and I have to do it. It just sucks.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
EJP

Day 5 here. Its been a long day and Im exhausted. Still having digestive and heartburn issues but overall feeling okay.
I had to stop at grocery store this morning and the anxiety wasnt too bad. So thats a good sign
Ive been eating twice at night lately and just trying to keep meals relatively healthy.

Welcome to our new members!
Old 04-13-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Dun

D
Old 04-13-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Had a good day today. I meditated in the morning and felt more resilient dealing with work stress. I am planning on going to gym tomorrow - I can feel myself dreading it but I know I will feel good after. Grateful for this sober day.