Class of March 2013 Part 40

Old 04-14-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Morning all, love the pic North.

All is well with me, just not anything going on to talk about. X
Old 04-14-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I do have one bit of good news. My husband has arranged for a helper to come in for four hours one day a week to entertain my dad. This will be a big blessing. The volunteer (hopefully a "she" ) will hang with him, take him out to the grocery store, and tidy up his little apartment.

When I told my dad, he said he wouldn't like it very much--he thought trying to make conversation would be awkward. I told him that the visitor would probably lead the conversation for awhile.

Last night he asked me if Helen had already gone to bed (Helen is my daughter's friend the pretty nurse--he didn't seem to have any problems chatting her up!). I told him Helen wasn't there.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

That's great Gilmer; I'm really pleased for you.

I dunno guys...I'm not OK.

Watching my aunt die last night was brutal.
Trying to help my dad through this is tough.
I worked, I helped my cousin organise a funeral, I looked after dad.
My sisters go on with their lives somehow, but I don't know what to do now.
The two most precious people in my life, my mum and my aunt, are both gone.

Maybe this is grief talking, but I feel lost.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Unless shotgun ever moves to last poster on a thread before it closes, I've got no chance.

Quick drive by...I'm late for h*ll, I mean work. As punishment for making me do 3 jobs at once, they get me today with no makeup and a hat.

Don't even get me started on my stress. My dads facility is messing with me and I owe taxes. I'd cry but it's too funny.

I'll be honest. Yesterday was close to the f it attitude. But I decided not f me. F them. Why should I be miserable over this. I'm just doing the best I can.

And I read something I'm just repeating to myself everyday.

Live like this is all there is. Cuz it is.

Hahahahaha.

Later! I let you know how much the government thinks I owe them. I'm pretty sure they are confusing me with Warren Buffet. He lives here where I do. We supposively have a lot of secret millionaires here.

I ain't one of them. Hahahaha

xoxo
Old 04-14-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Gilmer: That is good news.

You can use the extra 4 hours to post and read on SR!!

Seriously, it sounds like it will give you some much needed breathing room in your week.

Shoes: So sorry to hear about your tax situation. That sounds kinda scary. Do you have to hire an accountant or an attorney to help? I like your attitude though... you are facing your problems realistically and keeping your sense of humor at the same time... you are awesome!

Venus: Words feel inadequate at this time of deep sorrow. I am here to support you in the this time of sadness and grief.

Marcher: What a gift to have two cleaning girls at the same time. It sounds like you had an authentic "spring cleaning" at your house. I love that feeling when everything is in order and spotless... enjoy!

I just have to share some happy news: A friend I have from another forum has been struggling quite some time with staying sober. I finally got fed up and was very straightforward that they needed to do more than read on SR and PM me.
Well, they heard my "tough love" words, and, after months of relapsing, went to AA! Reports are positive. I was willing to jeopardize the friendship and it paid off. And I will tell anyone struggling with their addiction: if what you are doing is not working, then add more recovery based activities to your life. Read about recovery plans, and figure out what you can do. Contact a friend who has the sober lifestyle that you want to achieve and ask them how they did it, - just stop the wishful thinking. Take action! It is simple, really.... however, it may not be easy.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

V, I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Please look after yourself right now - xoxo

Shoes, I know the IRS will help you with a payment plan. They charge interest but it can be easier than writing one big check.

Gilmer, glad to hear about the relief you will soon be getting.

Marcher, I am attending a charity fashion show in a few weeks where one of the auction items will be a house cleaning by the woman who owns the company that cleans Elin's house. I will be putting all of my raffle tickets in that bowl!! Enjoy your sparkling clean house.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Venus, you be sure to take care of yourself during these stressful times. Eat right, get some fresh air and sunshine, find something to smile about every day.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers We have a day out of summer here so my sparkly house is sparkling even more.

V I'm sorry to hear of your aunt's death. I'm glad for your cousin that you were able to help him/her with the funeral arrangements, having someone who can be both a sounding board and a real help makes a tremendous difference. How did your Dad take the news? I'm always anxious when someone close to Mum goes but I find that she is remarkably -- and increasingly -- philosophical. A factor of being very elderly perhaps?

Shoes I wish I could send you a banana cake made on spelt flour.

I hope the day is kind to all of you.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Venus, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Aunt.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

My dad is coping with the news Marcher. As you said about your mum, he is more philosophical at his age. And he is getting over this bout of pneumonia. Amazing.

I am not coping today. My mum and my Auntie Dorothy were my best friends. Now they are both gone. My heart hurts. And I am lonely. And yes, I know this is all part of life, but right now I am not in a good place.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Venus, you may feel lonely but you are not alone. And you are in a good place: here, with us.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

(((V))) I'm sorry.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I do have one bit of good news. My husband has arranged for a helper to come in for four hours one day a week to entertain my dad. This will be a big blessing.
Gilmer my dear friend, this morning I neglected to say how pleased I am that your DH has organised this, what a lovely man he is!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to read this too Gilmer

D
Old 04-15-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

(((V))), losing someone close is never easy and then at the same time dealing with a parent who goes up and down is very rough. Please know that our thoughts and love are yours and we will help you through this. The old saying about time heals all wounds isn't any comfort right now but I can tell you that in my experience it does gradually become less painful.

Gilmer, I, too am so happy to hear your H arranged for a weekly break for you!

Shoes, so sorry to hear about tax troubles! That's a tough blow for all those of us who aren't Warren Buffett.

1Day, good for you for helping your friend with a bit of tough love. That can be hard to do but also so good when the friend rises to the occasion :-). Dee is the champ who told me the same thing quite a few times before I got past my stubbornness and really listened. I am so very grateful to him!

Marcher, I'm happy to hear about your two cleaning angels. What a lovely treat :-)

Duff, I hope you win that one!

To all Marchers, have a beautiful and peaceful day.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

VKittycat!! (((((Hug))))
I'm so sorry. You aren't alone..even though I'm sure that's exactly how it feels.

Excellent news Gilmer! That will help you. Plus it's good for your Dad to have another person in his life. Keeps them involved in life. Extra points for Mr GIlmer!!

I still haven't filed my taxes. I will be doing that at 11:50pm like I always do. Oh, don't anyone worry. It's not a ton of money. Your right Duff. They are actually the easiest people to work with. I've owed them several times over the years. They are actually the least of my problems now.

I haven't decided if I need to call my lawyer friend. My dads facility must have a new person in the business office. And she ain't as nice as the last one I can tell you that. They are really squawking about his past due bill. I'd stress about it but what ya do. another stupid bill that ain't worth drinking over or getting all bent out of shape over. I've had car loans bigger than this. It's all over a few overlapping months where they should have been on Medicaid. And considering they feed him and the other people there chicken nuggets and hot dogs 4 out 7 days I'm thinking we make up for it in low cost dinning. I mean come on now. He lives in 1 small room. Does everything himself except he needs help with a bath. I could put him on a cruise ship and it would be cheaper than this place. And the food would be better. Haha

Don't mind me. I'm just venting. It's all okay.

The older you get the more you keep things in perspective. And my perspective is just expect things to be goofy. Then I'm never disappointed. Hahaha

I'm going in late to work today. Another example of my rolling with it. I'm tired. I haven't had a lunch in 2 months. Boxes. I want to work with boxes.

On a happy note....anyone have a happy note? I could use a chuckle.

Later!
xoxo
Old 04-15-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

((( V))))) I agree with shoes---you are not alone-==my thoughts are with you.
everyone !! have a good day.
The sun is shining here and I plan on going for a walk. It's windy too but, the fresh
air will be good.
Hugs to all of you
Babs
Old 04-15-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a sunny windy day in Paradise, the wind is a bit weird because it's a hot wind like the middle of summer, I expect there will be a storm later.

Babs maybe the hot wind came from your part of the world? Glad to hear that you are walking again, it did/does wonders for me in recovery.

Have a good day all.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, let's compare days. I arrived home after a good day at work to. find two weeks of mail in my mailbox including a disconnect notice from the electric company. I finally spent the dollar for the app just so yall would know i wasnt off the.rrserve
Old 04-15-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yes my power is off. Yes im sitting here in the dark. I love yall that much.