Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 40

Old 04-10-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Crowded House.....yes....whenever I crawl at your feet.....wow peeps....such a good song!!

mick x
Old 04-10-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yes, chuff, we have misbehaved and forced Dee's hand at times. I was locked out in 2013. Totally my fault. I had a meltdown.

The admins have a job to do. And we need corralling at times. Don't take it personally.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Now Dylan...
sad eyed lady of the lowlands...
when the moonlight swims....

love you peeps x
mick x
Old 04-10-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Dee

OK

Mick x
Old 04-10-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Let's see if I can stay out of trouble in this March thread.

Hi, chuff.

Who are you? Or, maybe it's who am I, right? I'm a Marcher 2014. Today I'm a little testy apparently, so don't start making old lady jokes about me, okay? Thanks. Dee, I didn't do it.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let's move off me as a topic.

thanks

D
Old 04-10-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Leonaerd Cohen....................Chelsea Hotel...........

Mick x
Old 04-10-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Let's see if I can stay out of trouble in this March thread.

Hi, chuff.

Who are you? Or, maybe it's who am I, right? I'm a Marcher 2014. Today I'm a little testy apparently, so don't start making old lady jokes about me, okay? Thanks. Dee, I didn't do it.
Hello...who am I ??
Good Question
Old lady jokes?
I don't believe that I have done anything!!
I am a marcher too 13
take care hun xxx
mick x
Old 04-10-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

hi bim
Question you gave.....was who am I...........................
Well I am an alcoholic......I have 4 gorgeous children.....and 15 Grand kids....most/all wouldn't recognize me...cos Im stuck.....like a warp.....I guess for some reason I have upset you too
Jeezs.....what is this all about....what is wrong with having some fun with each other???
Mick x
Old 04-10-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chuff1 View Post
hi bim
Question you gave.....was who am I...........................
Well I am an alcoholic......I have 4 gorgeous children.....and 15 Grand kids....most/all wouldn't recognize me...cos Im stuck.....like a warp.....I guess for some reason I have upset you too
Jeezs.....what is this all about....what is wrong with having some fun with each other???
Mick x
You didn't upset me.

It's okay. I think
Old 04-10-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Tis the weekend here, the sun is trying to shine and Saturdays are a short day at the shop (3pm closing), I'm happy.

Sass how are you settling in now? The initial moving in is over so are you and Sass Kitty starting to feel part of the place?

Shoes how did the Ethiopian food go or is that this weekend?

1Day we are practically twins!

Bimini good to see you and that avatar that I love.

Ken how are things going in Key Paradise?

If I left you out it's because, as North says, I love you best.

Have a good weekend all!
Old 04-10-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Marcher x

I cared...once upon a time....alas no more....you have always been friend........
thank youx

Nick x

Goodbye peeps..........I pray you do well xxx
Old 04-10-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Marcher, they tell me that "settling in" usually takes about 6 months! I like it - but never seem to have enough time for everything! The biggest hassles have involved a tiresomely long list of things to arrange because of the move - such as finding new doctors of various types, dentist, lawyer, accountant, pharmacy, license and car registration, various insurance policies, new vet, etc etc etc ad nauseum! That alone is taking seemingly forever.

I do enjoy the place and the people. Some of the managers are, imo, undertrained. I had a nasty plumbing problem which finally got fixed after I escalated it to the top honcho. I still have more work to do on the apartment and such. I'm excited about the warming weather when I'll soon be able to walk on the beach - yay! Still lots of exploring to do. I'm trying to avoid gaining the typical 10 lbs on the food here - especially the desserts - oh my! Most dinners I try to request just fruit but I do break down and get the tasty dessert of the day some of the time - some weeks too much of the time :-)
Old 04-10-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

CHUFF don't you dare run away! We need you here.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Chuff: sorry, I was dog sitting all day, just got back to SR.... how about Allman Bros; Jackson Brown, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Journey, Aerosmith, Kansas.... just a few of my fav's from back in the day.

Marcher: YOu made my day... so happy to have a twin in Australia!

And talk about brain farts when posting... I really do forget if I posted the same thing a week before, or it could be my life is stable so I do the same thing over, and over, and over...ad nauseum...
Old 04-10-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Beautiful day here again Marcher...we are having everyone's share of gorgeous weather.
This is my day off. Well, I have done laundry and I will pop out and get a few groceries later, but no work today, and no too much time on the computer. I have had a headache for the last few days, and my eyes need a break.

Really glad to hear you are settling in Sass. I'm glad you like both the place and the people. That is hard to find.

Love to all the Marchers. ♥
Old 04-10-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good heavens what happened after I went to work this morning? Chuff is saying goodbye? He just got here. And why has he signed his name Nick?

ETA When I took my iPod out and went and read back, matters became clearer. Chuff, for your own sake and for the sake of your lovely family I strongly encourage you to come and talk to us. Nothing changes until we do.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Chuff, I hope you don't disappear, I hope you read a little here first.
I imagine you are feeling vulnerable and emotional right now, and have taken to heart a little too much what was said to keep all of us (not just you) from wondering into conersations that ought not be read by children. When it happened before and our thread was temporarily suspended we all almost lost an important lifeline to our sobriety and I guess we are all a little more wary of doing that again regardless what stage our sobriety we are at.

You did not say anything to upset Bimini, she came her to get away from another thread she was posting on, you see some days we can and do inadvertently push the wrong buttons or someone pushes ours. For whatever reasons, we addicts have extremely fragile egos and it doesn't take much. I liken us to Trachys peaches being transported, sometimes the tears are there for all to see, we show our hurt, other times the bruise is under the skin and only if we allow someone to touch us can they feel the damage done.
Mick you cannot run and hide from alcohol, you need to fight addiction head on, you need resources to do that, and we here are an important one.
Put on a thicker skin love, and come back joking, we need you here as much as you need us, you are too old (yeesh, 60...Really???) and no way cute enough for the prima Donna act, so come one.... Come one.... You know you want to.... I'll put the kettle on, you can sit in the corner quiet for a bit till you feel like talking. At least take your coat off. Xx
Old 04-11-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good Morning all

Yesterday has gone.......today the sun is shining and life is good.....life was good yesterday too......but chuff stepped over the line....on reflection I understand that I have to be careful with what I say.....we are all at various stages of recovery and my comments may have offended some.....for which Im sorry....certainly wasn't my intention.
I am not going. I need SR. I need you guys.

Mick x
Old 04-11-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

As a by the way......Neil Young is my choice for today.....

Mick x