Old 04-11-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

PS....Ive never been Nick!!.....LOL....stubby figers

Mick x
Old 04-11-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I love Neil Young.

Not in a great place tonight; my headache turned into a bad migraine, and my dad is really sick again. It is just so hard. I keep thinking about Marcher's advice. I need to stay level and look after myself in order to cope with all of this. I am trying. Just having a tough time with it all today.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

V

Stay well hun....stay sober....life is so much better that way.

Sending you love from sunny Kent.....and the seagulls are laughing too.

Mick x
Old 04-11-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thanks chuff, but staying sober is not the issue. This has been a long tough road with my dad. It's just hard to deal with it all.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Sending you ((((hugs))) venus

Mick x
Old 04-11-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

(((V))) I wish I was in Melbourne to hold your hand and help you through this most difficult time. I hope your head is on the mend. I too suffer from migraines and I find it hard to function with them. The only cure I've found is sleep. I hope your dad is improved too. xoxo
Old 04-11-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

V I'm sorry about the ongoing issues with your Dad and your migraine, I hope you sleep well tonight, can you have a warm shower or bath before bed?

Chuff it's good to see you here, please remember we are here to support you and that, very often, sharing our stories relieves the burden and helps us in recovery.

For tomorrow's lunch I currently have beetroot roasting in the oven for an autumn tian of potatoes, beetroot, onion and tomatoes. The beetroot is pre-cooked, the other vegies are sliced, then all arranged in concentric circles and cooked with a little olive oil & thyme until caramelised. How easy is that? With fish off the BBQ it should be good.

I'll make some bread in the morning, the leaven is already going and make a green salad with some butternut pumpkin and a good sharp balsamic dressing.

Dessert is being brought by one of our friends.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Marcher: Your menu sounds absolutely delicious, as well as super healthy... enjoy!

Chuff:: You mentioning Neil Young reminds me of one of the best concerts I have ever attended, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young... yes, I saw them in Ohio, back in the '70's...it was epic!
Old 04-11-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Marcher, I swear if I ever make it to Australia, you will suddenly find me at your dinner table :-). I know I've threatened that before but it is still in my thoughts and hopes.

Chuff, I don't think anyone was offended and I certainly wasn't! I think some of us are still a little touchy about the risk of potentially losing our sober lifeline and connection to many friends. Dear Toots said it all so well. Enough said and let's just get on with the important stuff like warm friendships and staying sober :-)

Busy day ahead! I overslept, sigh. Looks like a gorgeous day here. Sunny, temps supposed to get into the 50's this weekend and I think I'll chuck my other plans and go for a walk. Have a lovely day Marchers!
Old 04-11-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

"Down By the River" is far and away my favorite Neil Young song. I guess I'm a sick pup!

I need King Diamond at my house! I came down the sunny walkway and saw a pair of garter snakes all coiled up. One of them slid quickly into the crack when I came out--the other just sat there basking!

I actually don't mind non-poisonous snakes--but I'm sure this is a mating pair who are about to lay eggs! (I have found snake eggs before: they're oval and leathery). I'm more concerned about them tearing up the steps than I am anything else (we sometimes have a groundhog living on the side of the steps).
Old 04-11-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

((((V))))----hope your feeling better soon and dad too----

Babs
Old 04-11-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Yes, V!
Old 04-11-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Ditto, V!
Old 04-11-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Heard from my brother yesterday, the job is still up in the air for about 2 more weeks, then I should be hearing whether it's a possibility or not.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!!!
Old 04-11-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Budd, happy to hear you heard about status of that job! Will keep my fingers crossed that it will be an option for you.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

((((V)))) you and your dad are in my thoughts.

What I want to know is what did Neil Young say against Alabama? Everytime I listen to Sweet Home Alabama I always wonder. ( it's on my jogging playlist so I hear it surprisingly often!)

Budd, I am glad there is still hope for the job.

King Diamond sounds almost as scary as my psycho ex sister in law!!

Hey Bim have you got your mojo back yet sweetie?? Come chill with us old farts for a while.

Oneday I too get migraines, not often enough to know what causes them and like you sleep in a dark room is my best cure.

Gilmer I am with you in harmless snakes, they don't bother me either, but my mom is phobic. With me its spiders. All other bugs I'm fine with.

Chuff, I was in boston for 9months and should have headed back January past, but it has been delayed to the end of the year ( if we still want to go back by then -as of now we both do) we hope it is back to Boston but it could be elsewhere. We had an amazing time, I actually met up with the amazing and wonderful Sass, lovely and ditzy Joygirl and a couple of SR friends from other threads. All of which have been a,aging experiences and proved that we are the same in the flesh as we appear in our cyber selves.
I loved living in the States, felt really at home there and met some really lovely people - not all of whom live in SR!!!
Old 04-11-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

For those curious:

Sweet Home Alabama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-11-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning all. My bbq plans look like they will be oven plans, I'll give the weather a bit longer to dither.

Ken my fingers are crossed for you too.

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Marcher, I swear if I ever make it to Australia, you will suddenly find me at your dinner table :-). I know I've threatened that before but it is still in my thoughts and hopes.
Sass if you were in Australia and I didn't find you at my dinner table I would be very upset. That goes for all Marchers except the two Australians and those two are expected if they are ever in the radius my Marcher-radar works on.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning all...

My head is better but my heart is heavy. My dad is really struggling now; and the doctor keeps coming and can't find anything really wrong. My dad told me this morning that he thinks he "is on the way out".

Plus, his sister now has dementia and has been declared legally blind. She has moved in with her son, and I am trying to help him as well. I have always been very close to my Auntie.

I am not doing well today; I am about to get on the phone to a counsellor. I need some help. Plus I need to work...I have to settle down a bit here.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

(((V))), so sorry!