Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 2

Old 03-15-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Day 14! Feel like I accomplished something and looking forward to 14 more. Happy Sunday to everyone and have a blessed day
Old 03-15-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArcticSA View Post
Day 12
Sleep is awesome. We'll see if it's still as awesome after I get off the Klonopin, it needs to be done though, it makes me nervous being on an RX.
Honestly guys I'm worried though. I feel like I am still seeing alcohol in my future.

I, personally, would withdraw from one addiction at a time. Getting off alcohol AND an RX might be tricky. I take Ambien every night and would love to get off that but won't even think about doing it right now.

Stay strong!!!
Old 03-15-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EHoll1421 View Post
Day 14! Feel like I accomplished something and looking forward to 14 more. Happy Sunday to everyone and have a blessed day

Way to go!! Congratulations.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Thank you all for the kind words! I have to be honest though, I'm not sure they're deserved. Sadly, I feel like had I not drifted off to sleep when I did that I would have gone to the store. Booze was the ONLY thing on my mind as I fell asleep. I suppose I did manage to keep myself in the bed versus in the car but, somehow I don't feel very victorious...

Whatever gets you through, Spirit. You still did something wonderful. Feel victorious!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Finally in the double digits! 10 nights sober. My new drink of choice is Diet Squirt. It really hits the spot!!!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me. Feeling a bit sad, lonely and tired, but otherwise managing ok.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HoosierFarmer View Post
Day 2 for me. Feeling a bit sad, lonely and tired, but otherwise managing ok.
I guess it does get lonely being sober, it's such an inner struggle. But you have us Hoosier! Stop by often.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Thanks, secretary. I have a feeling I will be here daily for a while.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happytobealive1 View Post
You can do this. Even when it's painful and it sucks and all you want to do is escape, you can still do this. It's the only way to get to where you want to go.

For any one having a difficult start to the day, including myself, this this this this this.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post

When I write this all down, it is really obvious to me that I have not made good choices -- not just with regard to drinking. Why have I been putting up with all things/people like this my whole life?
Echo here. Big time. It seems that with each day that passes, I'm having more and more revelations. Seeing the world and my encounters with it, clear eyed. It saddens me to realize that I allowed a lot of crap to creep into my life -- and that I created a lot of crap for myself.

Alcohol is a crap machine. I know this, and yet, waking up this morning -- seeing things as they are, and they're not great -- the AV wakes up too. Mornings are hard for me. The easy way would be to pour that wine to make myself numb. I'm weary of having to face my life sober. In this case, this morning, harder path is the better path. No wine. No wine. None.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I feel like that so very often. I feel like inevitably I'm going to screw up and drink again. It may or may not be true. There's only one way to find out and that's to take it slow and see where the road goes. And of course to do our own personal best to stay sober throughout.
Yes, for sure, Spirit. Take it slow. You can do this. And me too. I'm taking it minute by minute this morning. Reading lots. Posting lots! I feel like crying. F*ck. This is too hard sometimes.

Day 15 -- the longest sober in over 20 years. I commit to another 24 hours.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers. Last night was a really rough ride for me. It started well enough. Went out with the wife and kids. Did some shopping and got dinner as a family.

We came home, worked on some homework and played some video games. After the kids were in bed my wife and I retired to our room for some alone time.

After she fell asleep, AV was bouncing off the walls! It was a perfect storm. Just got paid, Friday night, everybody asleep but me. I lay in bed for a long while arguing with myself about it all before sleep finally took over. Thank God it did! Otherwise, I think today would have become my newest day one.

Hope you all had a good Friday night and that your Saturday will be even better!
You gotta keep this memory in your pocket -- that you didn't succumb! The memory might/will help you through the next temptation? Sober muscles!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnotherLife View Post
A minor victory, but a big one for me today.
Congratulations, AnotherLife! In early recovery, all minor victories are major ones! Maybe too throughout this process?
Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
Yes, for sure, Spirit. Take it slow. You can do this. And me too. I'm taking in minute by minute this morning. Reading lots. Posting lots! I feel like crying. F*ck. This is too hard sometimes.

Day 15 -- the longest sober in over 20 years. I commit to another 24 hours.
Longest in 20 years. That is AWESOME Niktes!
  # 155 (permalink)  

Welcome Crawler and Stu and Hoosier!

And Kafka, oooh boy was I eating truckloads the first week. Still am! Carbs.
My sleep still isn't great (waking up lots throughout the night) but I'm no longer waking up in night sweats.

Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
Day 6 for me. I am getting off of the relapse / recovery merry go round this time though. Like many of you, I've also been struggling with sleeping. I've also found myself eating a lot more! I hope everyone is having a great Saturday though
  # 156 (permalink)  

Back. To. Zero. Went on a pretty long bender and I just can't control the i take. I know I should never start. Pretty disappointed in my self. Don't want to be depressed about this I just want to move on but I feel I'm gonna be depressed for a few days. Man. I'm just having a really hard time with all of it
Old 03-15-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Day 13.
Hubs bought a 6 pack home for the first time since I quit march 3rd. I have to say it put a squinch in my belly. A little perturbed, and jealous.
I had to go to work though so that was good.
Came home to him not drunk, but still lightly buzzed, and I really felt on a different level than him, I HATE that. Then he kisses me with beer breath and it's like "eh".
Old 03-15-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Good morning, Marchers. I am up and ready to stay sober all day. I woke up this morning and finally had the feeling that my drinking days were finally and truly behind me.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hey Arctic. I commiserate with that squinch belly feeling. My husband is a BIG drinker (he woke up with the shakes this morning, but says it's from the coffee, which it's NOT) -- he blacks out almost every night. ANYHEW... each time he brings home the 1.5L of white wine, I get the squinch. And every time I open the fridge and there's still some left.

Also -- sober -- I'm really feeling that sensation of being on a different level than him. I realize that we don't have much to say to each other, except when he/I/we are/were drunk. (Man those verb tenses are something else!)

I am grateful that I no longer worry about my breath smelling like wine at 9am, or 3pm, or whenever for that matter. And grateful that I don't have to hide all other evidence. Mug, glass, bottle, etcetera!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LumberjackJim View Post
Back. To. Zero. Went on a pretty long bender and I just can't control the i take. I know I should never start. Pretty disappointed in my self. Don't want to be depressed about this I just want to move on but I feel I'm gonna be depressed for a few days. Man. I'm just having a really hard time with all of it
We're here for you, Lumberjack. And with you. A lot of us are struggling. Thanks for posting. I know it's hard.