http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2015-a-26.html
Old 03-11-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to the Marchers you guys are doing really well
Old 03-11-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Y'all must get accustomed to the practice of...

SHOTGUN!

First on a new thread is chance occurrence to be captured and celebrated!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks for starting the new part, Anna.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm off sick at the moment guys but I'm wishing you Marchies all the best. Be back soon

D
Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Get well soon, Dee.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Get well soon D wishing you a speedy recovery
Old 03-11-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Hope to see you around soon Dee. Get well!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Feel better soon, Dee! And you too, Bobcat!

And Djinn -- I love that re: the Marching Band. Hope you're feeling great tonight.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

@NikTes Not doing too bad. I've seen better days but then, I think we all have. Still trying to sort through this emotional upheaval but otherwise OK. How about you?
Old 03-11-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Cameron57 asked on the other thread: So, I've been thinking about all the good things that's happened in the few days I've not been drinking....tell me yours.

1. I am eating better and more frequently. When drinking, I usually only ate when I felt like it.
2. The common annoyances of life haven't bothered me as much.
3. My house is a little less cluttered
4. I have more space in my refrigerator since there aren't so many beer bottles in there.
5. I have more space in my recycle bin since there aren't so many beer bottles in there.
6. I have more money in my pocket since it is not being used to buy beer
7. I have more time to do whatever since it is not being used to drink beer.
8. I have more energy in general.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Went to AA today....

I posted my experience on another thread, but wanted the class to know also. It was interesting and I'm glad I went. I didn't speak, but only sat in the back and listened this time. Might go to another meeting on Friday.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Bobcat

Have a nice day Marchers
Old 03-12-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Almost blew it last night. We were out with friends and everyone was drinking except me. Every time the waiter came to our table I almost ordered a drink. I could taste the vodka, I wanted to it so badly. Only one, I can handle one. But then a few things kept going through my head - you guys were the first, oh sh*t I'll have to report I'm back to day 1 and I don't want to do that! I also thought I DO NOT what to wake up with anxiety, dread and remorse. So I pouted and felt sorry for myself, but I DID NOT DRINK!

And this morning I am getting my reward, no anxiety (I've been suffering terrible anxiety the last few months), no remorse, no dread. A new day and I feel good.

Thank you for all your support. I love this group!
Old 03-12-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Checking in, today is day 5 for me. I would usually drink on Thursday nights in the past, so tonight may be a challenge for me, but I'm still feeling pretty good and hopeful about the future. I just read "the reasons I want to quit" (a note I wrote to read almost every day) to kind of reinforce the plan to stay sober. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day 10
Had a talk with my husband last night. Found out he is just accepting it as fact that I will be drinking in the future after I am healed inside.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
@NikTes Not doing too bad. I've seen better days but then, I think we all have. Still trying to sort through this emotional upheaval but otherwise OK. How about you?
I hear ya re: the emotional upheaval. The sleeping hasn't improved much either -- still waking up heaps and still drinking nightmares. I've been walking and doing yoga once a day to give my hamsterwheel brain a break. Home feels tense. My husband and I have very little to say to each other these days. He's dealing with his own alcohol issues. I've become quiet, edgy, and frustrated. Upheaval... yes, indeed.

Sorry to vent! It's strange for me to be open. I'm the type who keeps everything bottled up but I'm trying things differently on SR.

The forum does feel like a real support system. You all make it easy to be open and honest. I appreciate your posts!
Old 03-12-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Love your list, Bobcat! 4, 5, and 6 especially brought a grin to me. Thanks.

Good idea to make a tally every once and a while. I'll try to do the same.

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
Cameron57 asked on the other thread: So, I've been thinking about all the good things that's happened in the few days I've not been drinking....tell me yours.

1. I am eating better and more frequently. When drinking, I usually only ate when I felt like it.
2. The common annoyances of life haven't bothered me as much.
3. My house is a little less cluttered
4. I have more space in my refrigerator since there aren't so many beer bottles in there.
5. I have more space in my recycle bin since there aren't so many beer bottles in there.
6. I have more money in my pocket since it is not being used to buy beer
7. I have more time to do whatever since it is not being used to drink beer.
8. I have more energy in general.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearMind View Post
Checking in, today is day 5 for me. I would usually drink on Thursday nights in the past, so tonight may be a challenge for me, but I'm still feeling pretty good and hopeful about the future. I just read "the reasons I want to quit" (a note I wrote to read almost every day) to kind of reinforce the plan to stay sober. Have a great day everyone.
You can do this, ClearMind. Think of how good you'll feel when you get to the other side of tonight.

Do you keep the note with you in your wallet?
Old 03-12-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
Almost blew it last night. We were out with friends and everyone was drinking except me. Every time the waiter came to our table I almost ordered a drink. I could taste the vodka, I wanted to it so badly. Only one, I can handle one. But then a few things kept going through my head - you guys were the first, oh sh*t I'll have to report I'm back to day 1 and I don't want to do that! I also thought I DO NOT what to wake up with anxiety, dread and remorse. So I pouted and felt sorry for myself, but I DID NOT DRINK!

And this morning I am getting my reward, no anxiety (I've been suffering terrible anxiety the last few months), no remorse, no dread. A new day and I feel good.

Thank you for all your support. I love this group!
That's fantastic, secretary! A difficult thing to sit through -- everyone around you drinking. Sobriety muscles!

My hard "test" night is coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm already starting to worry about succumbing to the wine, and I'm trying to think of tactics to avoid the same old scenario of getting wasted in public. I have to give a presentation, which makes me nervous as hell, even with beta blockers. I drink before, I drink during, I drink after, I hate myself the next day. (Hmm. I should make that past tense?)

All this to say, I'm adding your comment about getting the reward the next day: "no anxiety, no remorse, no dread." That might become my mantra!