Notices

Class of February 2015 Part 2

Old 02-23-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Well done 60, I'm on day 3 and happily signing up to this thread.

I haven't had 3 days in a row sober in 7 months, God my liver must be grateful, lol !
Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Ludo

D
Old 02-23-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nymets86 View Post
I'm doing this to avoid seeing the guy that works at my building Sunday nights who I think (not sure) was working when I got hospitalized. This anxiety is so irrational. He's an extremely nice person. I'm just terrified about what I'll find out.
One thing I have found out over the years is that the fear of the 'unknown' is often worse than what the unknown turns out to be ! And if the unknown has turned out to be pretty bad, whoever is telling me usually has a story about someone they've known in the past who did a lot worse.

Lovely sunny, if chilly, day here in the dullest part of the UK.

I have left a message with the local rescue centre to say I definitely want the dog I saw yesterday. They take the rehoming seriously so I have to go back next weekend with my son and then they will do a home visit - just emailed a friend about making my fence more secure. I am hoping he will 'forget' last time he did a job for me I was drunk !

I have put on 6 pounds since giving up drinking as I'm eating too much sweet stuff. I know that is better than drinking but I have lost 9 stone in the last two years so I don't want to go back that way. Hoping that the exercise that comes with having a dog will help.

Here's a link to the little girl who I am hoping will become my little girl. Ginny | Dog Information | Jerry Green Dog Rescue Looking forward to her being marked up as 'dog reserved' - hopefully as soon as they open up and get my message.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good Morning! Just checking in. I don't get on the computer much over the weekend, so it will take me a bit to catch up on everyones posts. Welcome to all who have recently joined and congratulations! I'm glad to be in double digits (12 days) and have two sober weekends under my belt. I'm still really moody, but I have to remind myself that I've always been moody, alcohol just numbed who I was. Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm happy to be here, happy to be sober. I'm even happy to be sitting at my kitchen table looking out on the snow that might never melt!

Yesterday I felt more afternoon/early evening anxiety than I was expecting, so I did my best to keep busy. Did some puzzles, worked on some organizational items, watched some TV shows that I've been meaning to catch up on. Overall it worked pretty well. I didn't sleep all that well last night though, and I woke up anxious this morning. Getting on line and doing some reading helped a bit. And now the work week starts again.

I hope you all have a really good day.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
So glad to see so many posting to this class and doing well!
I got my 3 of my kids of to school no fuss, one is at home with a very sore throat. Got laundry and dishes going so it's been a great morning so far. I'm downloading the audiobook The Unteathered Soul so I can give that a listen while I do a bunch of cleaning after having everyone home all weekend.

Esspee, Ginny is gorgeous!! If I was there you might have to fight me for her. I think after we get some of our home improvements done we might look for a little dog. We had a beautiful black lab that we had to put down last year. It's about time for a new dog.

Hope you all have an awesome day!!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hope you all don't mind if I jump into this class with just a week left...

I'm certainly not new to SR... It's been so long since my first post, I had to literally just check. It surprised me to see I've been working towards total sobriety since November, 2006. Just over 8 years. I'm happy to have made some progress with the help of a wonderful therapist and a lot of soul searching. I don't drink to the point of blackouts or puking up my guts the next day any more, but I still find myself drinking to numb persistent bouts of depression and chronic anxiety. It's just a matter of time before one too many stressors sends me over the edge, though, and I run the risk of being back to where I started. I know this... and that I will always look to alcohol (or food) for solace. Changing my mindset is the toughest part, and I pray that I'll eventually be able to fully accept the fact I can't (not shouldn't) drink.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and I hope this turns out to be my final "class."
Old 02-23-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

6 hours since my last drink. Anxious and depressed, but determined to get through it.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kevin78 View Post
6 hours since my last drink. Anxious and depressed, but determined to get through it.
I truly understand anxious and depressed, Kevin. Keep reading and posting whenever you can, and remind yourself throughout today that you're being good to yourself for a change. I'm finding more and more that being kind and good to ourselves despite wanting to say, "Oh EFF it all!" is an important step to making this journey matter.

We CAN do this.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Day spent improving fencing etc as they want us to take Ginny in on Sunday.

While I was drinking I would never have believed I could do it. It was only using cable ties to attach an extra metre of wire mesh to what was already there but for me that's good !

I now have two days to get the bungalow straight before a home visit on Thursday. Aaaghhhhh !! Lots of panic but 'sober' panic!

I had a chat on the phone with the alcohol counsellor I have been seeing and she has decided to 'sign me off'. She felt that as I have no interest in alcohol and am not getting even a twinge of an urge when walking down the aisle in the supermarket that carrying on counselling may put a focus on alcohol that doesn't need to be there. I can't remember how she termed it but that was the essence of it. She has made sure I have her number and know I can call if I feel it is necessary and I am happy with this
Old 02-23-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Excited for you, Esspee. You've got a lot of good things going on right now. Yayyy!

Border Collie mixes are busy, busy, BUSY, so I know you'll be too haha. Hoping to hear after the visit that everything's a go. If you're like I am, having a dog to care for and train is a good outlet and perfect excuse to stay sober. It gets me outside of my own head...

Enjoy your day cleaning!
Old 02-23-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
Excited for you, Esspee. You've got a lot of good things going on right now. Yayyy!

Border Collie mixes are busy, busy, BUSY, so I know you'll be too haha. Hoping to hear after the visit that everything's a go. If you're like I am, having a dog to care for and train is a good outlet and perfect excuse to stay sober. It gets me outside of my own head...

Enjoy your day cleaning!
We've had a change of plan and our bundle of joy is a Jack Russell. The poor little mite has been at a rescue centre since November and deserves a forever home - and has got us :-D
Old 02-23-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

New here

I am interested in joining the February group. What do I need to do? Thank you
Old 02-23-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi guys, checking in even though we are moving towards the end of Febuary. Today is day 1! I am sick of feeling like crap a majority of the mornings. I am sick of waiting tell 2-3pm on my days off to start drinking, then continuing to drink until I start feeling like **** but continue drinking, chasing some long lost high I once had, and finally passing out on the couch. Rinse and repeat. Nice to be here with you guys!
Old 02-23-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Welcome Jenaben! Nothing you need to do to join a class but post with us.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

New to group

Single mom here. I drink when I am lonely. I drink to get rid of the anger, resentment, hurt, of a long abusive relationship. I think that if I can conquer this drinking habit then my self esteem will improve. Maybe someday I will feel healthy enough to try another relationship.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

This time last week I was passed out on the couch. Nice.

Well, I'm not today, so that's what's important.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Day one for me as well.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Evening from the UK. Day number one almost done. A little shaky, first headache in years, luckily it's bitterly cold so that's keeping the sweats at bay. Hurrah.

It was easier than I thought to be honest (the classic battle-cry of someone who slips back into the habit, perchance?), but onwards and upwards.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi Jazerac, Ludo, NewLeaf, MrQuit and Jenaben1!