Notices

Class of February 2015 Part 2

Old 02-21-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Hope you are doing well. I have 13 days and feel quite determined to make this work this time. Antabuse is my main help and I'm taking it like I should have from the start everyday and in front of my parents unlike how I used to take it, every couple of days which wasn't wise and usually failed. I really feel this time can be the recovery I have hoped for so long. I smoked some hash last night and it was really pleasant so maybe this could be an exciting new path. Only hash on weekends and no more alcohol. I can't drink anymore because I go straight into withdrawals and get highly anxious the next day and my family life turns toxic. I feel pretty optimistic, one day at a time. Take care everyone. Lets keep walking the right path. Love you all.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 8! St. Valentine's day February 14 is my sobriety date <3 . Catching up on reading and hearing how everyone is doing. We can do this, hang in there classmates!!
I drank after work most evenings and weekends etc. I don't go to bars, but would drink when I went out to eat with friends or family, which I do about once a month or so. Mostly home drinker, and alone when husband goes to bed. Husband has problem with it too, really bad I fear he will not be able to overcome, but I have a small hope. Trying to beat this thing before I go over the deep end and worse off than I already am. Thanks for being here!!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well done on getting the job Esspee! Evening of day 23 here and doing ok, took my girls back to ex's earlier and its getting easier on that front, I saw a valentines card there from her new boyfriend and although it threw me a bit I didn't drink on it, I know the relationship is over and Im excited by a new chapter of my life booze free. Have a good sober Saturday friends!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Earth Child

How is everyone doing ?
Old 02-21-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Sugar77

Hey Febbies,
Hope everyone is well and welcome any newcomers,we are happy to have you

Esspee-Congrats on the job! You sound like you are in a good place, lots to look forward to!

Nymet- How you doing? Hope you are feeling better today and the change of scene helped!

Lastchance- I felt exactly the same at 19 days and over that next week. I remember on that tuesday I brought my 2 yr old to playgroup,went home and made pancakes for her,myself and my teenage son (as it was pancake tuesday of course) still felt crap so needed to get out of the house, I brought my 2yr old down to the harbour to feed the swans, the tide was out, I never seen it go out that far. We walked all the way out on the sand. Yet in these beautiful,calm and peaceful surroundings I felt sad and empty. Next day,I felt better and that's the day I feel I turned a corner,that was day 26. I went out that night to a pub,to a comedy gig and had a great night.
Those low days start to fade and you begin to notice you have had more good days than bad, you find happiness in little things. We didn't become alcoholics overnight so we sure can't expect to feel great about everything overnight either, although that's a tough one for me,I'm an impatient buggar!
Had a low day yesterday, I know why, fridays would of been one of my big drinking nights,when i'd really push the boat out. So I kept busy,did some late night shopping. That got me through the tough hours. I recognised I was clock watching and driving myself mad. Got home and ordered myself a pair of boots online, a 4 week sobriety present if you like, that may become a monthly thing since i'm saving so much money

I'm at work now,it's 10.42pm but I was at home earlier,reading posts on the secular section on SR and was chatting with my husband about how rational recovery really clicked with me and how i'd love to have the book on it, was mentioned by Dee on a post there. Rather than reading bits and pieces here and there online. He was quiet for a few minutes then announced it was on it's way, he had gone and ordered it on amazon for me
If you haven't already you could have a look at the site, nothing to lose! It may help. Google 'Rational Recovery'
Hope everyone is holding up, keep up the fight Febbies!

Last edited by Dee74; 02-21-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: forgot bits
Old 02-21-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sugar77

Originally Posted by Redemption28 View Post
I smoked some hash last night and it was really pleasant so maybe this could be an exciting new path. Only hash on weekends and no more alcohol.
Do you really think this is a good idea? You could end up replacing one addiction with another. It just has danger signs all over it for me, be careful
Old 02-21-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redemption28 View Post
Hi guys. Hope you are doing well. I have 13 days and feel quite determined to make this work this time. Antabuse is my main help and I'm taking it like I should have from the start everyday and in front of my parents unlike how I used to take it, every couple of days which wasn't wise and usually failed. I really feel this time can be the recovery I have hoped for so long. I smoked some hash last night and it was really pleasant so maybe this could be an exciting new path. Only hash on weekends and no more alcohol. I can't drink anymore because I go straight into withdrawals and get highly anxious the next day and my family life turns toxic. I feel pretty optimistic, one day at a time. Take care everyone. Lets keep walking the right path. Love you all.
Its not an 'exciting new path' redemption - it's the same old path with some window dressing.

If the AV can't get you one way it will get you another.

I've been addicted to pot and hash and alcohol - it was the same leaky boat on the same sea of crap, honestly.

I was trying to fill that void in me that could not be filled - I was looking for escape and respite.

'using only on weekends' sounds an awful lot like what we promised ourselves as drinkers.

Please reconsider. This is a terrible terrible idea.

D
Old 02-21-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back DA and namaste

Kudos for everyone hitting a milestone today
Old 02-21-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Starting day 53 and trying to stay focused! I'm kinda all over the place!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey guys - its snowing so I just went to a very local coffeeshop. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Sugar77, some great encouragement !
Old 02-21-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Fantastic post Sugar. I think it was about days 15-17 for me that the 'flat' feeling hit. Just starting Day 21 and everything in the garden is rosy. It's odds on that something rotten will happen today as life seems to do that but whatever it is will be easier to deal with sober!

I fancied something different to drink last night so clambered over the flood barrier (we had a flood alert last night so knee high barriers bolted to front and back door frames) and popped to the supermarket where I put some fizzy, watery, fruity fizz type stuff. It is marketed as an alternative to alcohol but sold off the same shelves as wine. Didn't occur to me to pick up any wine but it's a bit of a dumb place to display it !

Have a good day all x
Old 02-21-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 22.

I am choosing this thread since I only had 1 day in January sober.

Great day! So glad I'm sober, Things are going in the right direction with wife, but I feel like I'm hanging out with a girl in highschool where I'm not sure if we're "ever getting past the friend stage". Hey, it's better than the 1st week where I was married to Wednesday Adams (ice queen. No emotion and very distant). Now it's pretty good, no physical intimacy, a quick hug is the best I get if I'm lucky. just gotta build trust back.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone
Day 9
Meet my AV for the second time in 9 days. I've overcome the cravings but it did leave me quite panicky.

I got myself caught up today (Sunday) in thinking about all the stuff I needed to get done tonight for work this week. The kids sensed my lack of focus on them so they spun out, which frustrated the hell out of me. My mind started racing and I felt the walls closing in. OVERWHELMED is the word and I had no bottle to hide in. This would normally be my main reason for drinking. I like it to drink to disappear off the face of the planet when I feel like to many pieces of me are needed by others.

Of course it solves nothing at all. I made a list and ticked off some things and realised, I can't make up for lost time that I have wasted drinking. It's going to take some time to get back on a even keel. I just need to trust that I will find the right rhythm for my life.

I then made eye contact with my kids and just sat quietly with them so they knew I was actually present with them.

This is going to be so worth it.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. I'm on day 2, yet again, so thought I'd just drop in.

I spent the day yesterday (Sat) just surfing the Internet while laying on the couch - recovering from the night before. What a total waste of precious time...

Anyway, last night was good and a nice distraction. My H and I went to a cuban steakhouse for dinner...I had coffee and water. Funny, though, I couldn't help but take quite an interest in what everyone else was drinking. :-)

Then we went to see Motown the Musical...a bottle of water for me, none of the wine that they seemed to be selling all over the place. The show was just excellent, excellent. Even my H who is more of a rock and roll guy really enjoyed it.

I've got some work to catch up on today. And maybe I'll make a stab at a bit of cleaning (it's been too long).

That's all I've got for now. Enjoy your day, folks!
Old 02-22-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Hey it's snowing! Despite the issues and chaos it's created, I still think the snow is pretty.

At this time last week, I was not drunk, nor all that hungover, but gearing up for an epic 24 hour binge that made me raise the white flag. I'm glad to be here, I'm glad to be feeling better - both mentally and physically. Day 6, and grateful. Thank you for being here.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! It is actually snowing where I live in SW Colorado - we haven't seen any snow for almost 2 months, so this is a blessing!

Happy Sunday, everyone!
Old 02-22-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Just checking in. I'll be about lots today. to you all.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sugar77 View Post
Do you really think this is a good idea? You could end up replacing one addiction with another. It just has danger signs all over it for me, be careful
Hi, no it was a really bad stupid idea and I had the worse paranoia/anxiety from smoking it last night. Never again. Don't know what I was thinking. Stupid addict mind. From now on, I just want to have a sober life completely. Zero drugs. Thank you for your concern.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Its not an 'exciting new path' redemption - it's the same old path with some window dressing.

If the AV can't get you one way it will get you another.

I've been addicted to pot and hash and alcohol - it was the same leaky boat on the same sea of crap, honestly.

I was trying to fill that void in me that could not be filled - I was looking for escape and respite.

'using only on weekends' sounds an awful lot like what we promised ourselves as drinkers.

Please reconsider. This is a terrible terrible idea.

D
Hi Dee, you are quite right. I am really ashamed I posted such nonsense. I guess that is what it is to have an addict mind. Always looking to escape my reality. Had a really bad experience with the hash last night. Just total paranoia for quite a while so I will never be touching it again. I really get frustrated at how foolish and blind I can be sometimes. It really is total delusion. I have learned a painful lesson and I look forward to living a sober life with zero drugs in it. Thank you for your comments and concern.