View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Esspee

Originally Posted by nymets86 View Post
I'm doing this to avoid seeing the guy that works at my building Sunday nights who I think (not sure) was working when I got hospitalized. This anxiety is so irrational. He's an extremely nice person. I'm just terrified about what I'll find out.
One thing I have found out over the years is that the fear of the 'unknown' is often worse than what the unknown turns out to be ! And if the unknown has turned out to be pretty bad, whoever is telling me usually has a story about someone they've known in the past who did a lot worse.

Lovely sunny, if chilly, day here in the dullest part of the UK.

I have left a message with the local rescue centre to say I definitely want the dog I saw yesterday. They take the rehoming seriously so I have to go back next weekend with my son and then they will do a home visit - just emailed a friend about making my fence more secure. I am hoping he will 'forget' last time he did a job for me I was drunk !

I have put on 6 pounds since giving up drinking as I'm eating too much sweet stuff. I know that is better than drinking but I have lost 9 stone in the last two years so I don't want to go back that way. Hoping that the exercise that comes with having a dog will help.

Here's a link to the little girl who I am hoping will become my little girl. Ginny | Dog Information | Jerry Green Dog Rescue Looking forward to her being marked up as 'dog reserved' - hopefully as soon as they open up and get my message.