Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 5

Old 01-10-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
OX

Evening kind folks.
Copper, peaceful dreams and no pain.
Cast down safe travels. I'm sure you can drive in the snow just watch out for everyone else.

I think I saw my favorite bumper sticker the other day it said: look out for the idiot behind me. Hahah

Mariah, I have the book reconciliation healing the inner child by thick nhat hanh. I call him thin thatch hat. Is it the same book? Have fun with your grandsons.
Watched the Seahawks game with my neighbors. Pretty good folks. The guy is a little crazy and a big drinker and pot head. We used to PARTY pretty good. He talked about cutting down. I encouraged but didn't say much. Just drank my stevia soda. I've not been super spirited but not down like I was when I was drinking. So didn't feel like the poster child for sobriety. But I'll feel a lot better in the morning than if I had been drinking and smoking.

Fabl. So glad you had a good visit with your dad.
BBQ, Tonks, Della , Midwest, Dax, omo, midpackerfan, Denise, everybody ..thank you
Old 01-10-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I am also down with anyone contacting me if they need a friend. Super idea.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi guys just a quick checkin to say good night
Hope everyone has sweet dreams ! And we will wake up refreshed and not in need of any cures for hangovers .... Certainly makes our mornings so much easier !!

Night night
Old 01-11-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Just wanted to check in super quick before bed. Very busy, full, good day. Enjoyed reading your posts throughout the day. Sorry I couldn't post more.

Two things: We started talking to our son and his bio brother about moving out on their own. Went well, though is just a start. Second is I got hit super duper hard with cravings like I haven't had. Reading your words helped. Getting to a meeting helped. Picking up my son and acting foolish helped.

Just finished up some work for tomorrow (today). Off to bed. Will comment more directly tomorrow.

Love.

Dax
Old 01-11-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hello everyone day 44 for me , feel better today . Off work today. I plan to go to church, and mt daughter , and her family will come for dinner .

OmoRose good to see you.
Midwest1981 , BBQbiker, thanks for your support.
Kittycat, jl2014, aNewdayNYC ,good going.
FABL congrats on day 6 , I understand how much of you went into that. Stay strong.
Triplets day 36

Everyone have a great day. Sending Love.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

BigShoe- haha that is the perfect bumper sticker. I need one!

FABL- you are so right no matter what's going on around us we can be growing in our sobriety. Your doing so great!

Brynn- good job facing all those emotions sober!! We are stronger then we think we are!

Tonks- are you okay? Kind of worried about you after leg day!!

Dax- I am glad you started that conversation with your son. I am glad you resisted those cravings too.

Deserto- that is awesome you didn't give into those cravings the other day. Good job on throwing out the Christmas booze that was in the house.

BBqbiker, Shannon, and Brynn- congrats on day 36!

Copper- I hope your ankle is better this morning. Will they schedule your surgury soon?

Denise- I am glad you feel better today. Day 44 is wonderful! It sounds like you are going to have some great fellowship today. that's awesome.

I am sure I missed a lot of people but I hope all my pacmates have a Happy Sunday. Let's see if I can start this day off right.....without a double post.....haha!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning everyone! Just got caught up reading everyone's posts from yesterday. Proud of all of us for another sober day, despite challenges!

I had a strong craving yesterday, first one I've really had. I was hanging out with some friends at a local bar, playing darts and watching football. No one in the group was drinking - my friends have a sober January tradition. I was with the man I've mentioned that I'm in love with who is my best friend - and a feeling of such sadness overcame me for the pain I've caused him and the fact that he no longer trusts me or wants a relationship with me beyond friendship. I wanted to say F*** it and just start drinking there and then. BUT I DIDN'T. He asked me why I was so quiet, and I told him I was struggling. He asked if I wanted to go home to get away from the bar atmosphere, and I told him I'd be ok. What I did was - I played some tapes in my head of things that used to happen when I drank. It took that craving right away. Then I relaxed and had fun with my friends. A victory!

After I got home I had a big, fat, juicy cry. Then went to sleep, knowing I'd wake up feeling good about the decision to not drink and I do feel good.

Packer game today! Cowboys are going DOWN!!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Copper, hope you wake this morning feeling better about things. Even slightly. It adds up day after day.

Bigshoe, no need to be a poster child. Just staying sober is good enough some days.

Seasky, every morning I wake up and tell myself - this is how I want to wake up every single day. No more self imposed misery.

Dax- glad things are working out with your son

Denise- 44 days.. Amazing !

My goals for today: taking care of all my responsibilities to ensure and smooth week, walk/jog, stay sober, and work on controlling my thoughts. I find I create horrific scenarios in my mind - either about what is happening now or in the future. I need to work on living in the present moment- how things are now and stop imagining the worst. It pulls me down into a deep dark place needlessly.. Because it isn't even a reality right now. Recognize what gives me comfort and what sets me off in negativity and hopelessness.

All of you here are definitely a comfort. Thank you.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

It feels really nice to be a part of something. I second what Brynn said. I'm proud of all of us and really want to see everyone succeed! I can't wait until sobriety is the norm. But that takes time. I hope you all have a great day today.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good Morning Littermates.
Just a quick checkin for now.
Off to workout and work my dog. More on that later.
Happy 36th day triplets and congrats to all on another sober morning.
Yes, proud of all of us and together is the key!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

I know I say this a lot, but y'all are a huge source of encouragement to me! A lot of victories so far this weekend! When I read about your struggles and wins it just reinforces that I can do it too!

Love and hugs!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
...holds the key

B, I thought we had 37 days today? Are you talking about the other triplets?
Old 01-11-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

The other triplets are on day 39.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks mld! And thanks for sharing your awesome victory yesterday! You just proved yourself a little more to your guy friend by playing the tape forward, talking about the craving , and choosing to stay sober! I smiled when I read that and gave you a high five in my head!!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Morning all! Let's do this again today.

Heading to church and lunch with a friend.

Will check in.

Dax
Old 01-11-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Triplet sisters....I'm here, I'm here. And I'm sober!! Yay!

I went from not having a job, to working seven days a week. Tomorrow will be my 7th day and hopefully I'll be off Tuesday. I'm liking it so far. And thankful to have a clear head while learning something new. Today is a short day, so I'll be back to chat later this evening!

Make it a great Sunday!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

I took a nice long drive last night and listened to music blaring in my car. I take baths. I read your words. I talk to my sponsor read the bb and pray (still not sure to who or what but it helps!!)
What are some new ways you guys cope these days?
Old 01-11-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Erin - I've been sleeping a lot. Not sure if that's coping exactly, but I feel better after a nap. I also read more than ever before. It's the dead of crappy winter here in the frozen hinterlands, but I try to get out and walk when it's not below zero (which it has been most of the time for the last couple of weeks). I am learning to knit, too. I go to meetings. I go to treatment. I read here. It all helps get through the times I used to drink.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Is there a class of Jan 2015?...I used to come here, I live in Nicaragua and recently relapsed after years of sobriety. I have 9 days sober currently...yo hablo espanol y ingles...attending AA in San Juan del Sur...only have 8 meetings a month so back online for me it is
Old 01-11-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Congrats on being sober again!

There is a January 2015 thread. Go to current threads and start looking.