Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 5

Old 01-10-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oh Copper,Omo and Mariah I just want to hug you all...also anyone else feeling down. Someone wants us all to be here. Whatever your higher power is wants you to be well.

BB you are so much stronger than I am. I still haven't attempted a bar!! Good for you!!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Castdown- oh no! At least nothing is damaged. Be careful tomorrow on the road! I am glad you stayed sober through such a stressful situation. When something breaks on a home it is hardly ever a easy fix.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Midwest love your signature!! I need to post that somewhere!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Castdown, I feel for you. I live in an old house too. Love hate relationship.
Glad you followed your gut.
Travel safe tomorrow and check in when you can.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks Della!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

A few of you asked how to use a bigger picture in your signature. I am not good at explaining things. The size limit is 500 pixels by 100 pixels so I picked a picture and then just cut it down to size. If your picture is too small I would start with a bigger picture. you just have to experiment to get it right. HTH's
Old 01-10-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ooops
Old 01-10-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sounds like many of us are going through some tough times right now in one way or another. Staying sober despite whatever we are being faced with is a testament to our commitment and it is building our strength muscles, I totally believe that!

Finally undecorated from Christmas today. Then went to my dads for dinner with some relatives. He looked great, his appetite was great and even his mood was good. But it is still hard as hell for me. I'm such a crybaby, tears sprang to my eyes at least 6 times and I had two good cries in the bathroom. I feel like I am learning some sort of life lesson each and every day lately.

I had a few moments today when I wanted to drink but since I knew we were going to leave soon, I knew I couldn't today. So I kind of told myself maybe a will tomorrow. I don't like that I even allowed that conversation in my head. No more of that. Sundays are usually tough for me because I dread the work week. Gonna be sure to stay busy tomorrow and stick close to you all.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

FABL- that's a great idea for tomorrow. Stick around here with us and that way you will feel great Monday morning. I am glad your dad was having a good day today. Keep building your strength muscles and using your new tools.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

FABL, so glad you got to spend time with your dad. Crying is okay. It means you are processing. Every time you make it through another tough situation you grow stronger and more confident in your decision to be sober.
Like Midwest said, hang with us tomorrow and we will stay strong and sober together.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

((fabl))
Old 01-10-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Just throwing it out there, I'm usually not far from SR whether I'm at home or on my mobile. If anyone, ANYONE, needs to talk to somebody in order to prevent a relapse... Please, Please just send me a PM. It will send an email alert which goes straight to my phone and I'll login as soon as I can and chat with you so we can talk it out. The chatroom is also available and there is almost always somebody in it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to do this... we are here together. We are one of your greatest resources, please don't be afraid to use us.

If any of our litter decides to relapse, it will Not be due to lack of support.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Ditto to that Tonks.
I am normally available too. If I'm out I always have my phone with me and I, too, have SR set to email me if someone PMs. Also if anyone wants to talk just PM me and I'll gladly give you my cell number so you can contact me without having to wait for me to check my email.
We are in this together. We will support each other.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi y'all!

I just read everyone's posts and it just struck me that we are not allowing circumstances, good or bad, to dictate our sobriety anymore! That is huge! At least for me it is! Well done everyone!!

We are experiencing life on life's terms right now, and ALL the emotions that come with it....another biggie!

Today I had to feel things that I don't like : Anxiety, fear, a little anger....and I survived! And I did it without drinking or popping a single pill! A month ago I wouldn't have thought it possible. It's these little daily victories that are the building blocks of our sobriety. These things give us strength...these accomplishments show us that it's possible to live life sober.

I had dinner with a friend and her husband tonight. This is a new friend from my office building...she doesn't drink, but her husband sure does!! He drank like I used to! He was on his fourth beer by the time salads were served....weird how observant I am of other peoples drinking nowadays! Anyway...it's just so weird being on the other side of the drinking and watching and listening to people the drunker they get. I'm so grateful that I'm clearheaded and sober tonight.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Great job sister Brynn. I am sorry that you had anxiety, fear and anger in your day but you made it through sober. That is a win! And you are so right that as we chain those experiences together we gain strength and confidence in ourselves.
I am smiling.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great going Brynn on another successful sober day! Have a good night
Old 01-10-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Tonks and BBQ, I love that idea Its amazing to know that we all have each other's back and we will fight to help keep each other sober. It really does make a difference. It's so easy for our AV to try to convince us that we deserve it or that one night will be ok to drink .. It's right at that moment that we need to reach out to anyone or all in this group to set us straight.

Brynn, yes, we are all going through so much and not using our old habits to numb it all out. Glad you had a nice dinner and got to observe drinking behaviors from the other side. Proud of you!

Ready for a restful nights sleep. Good things are happening inside of us regardless of what is going on around us
Old 01-10-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Ready for a restful nights sleep. Good things are happening inside of us regardless of what is going on around us
You are so right FABL - sleep well littermate.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for all your kind words and encouragement. I really don't know what I would do without all of you. I feel cared about here and that makes all the difference.

Mariah I'm going to check into getting that book. I am up to try anything that could potentially help with these fears.

Della, BBQ, Tonks, and Midwest thank you both for your posts. I don't think I can really express just what that means to me that you all take the time to let me know you guys care and are here. I agree that we are all here together for a reason. You all really help keep me sober.

Cast- please travel safe and check in as often as you can!

Fabl- I'm so glad your dad had a good day. I'm also very proud of you for not drinking. I know this is not an easy situation to be in but you are strong!

Brynn- Congrats on your victory today!

I'm glad another day is coming to a close. I'm taking a pain pill (first I've had all day) and praying for a peaceful night of sleep. At least I'm sober. Nightmares or not, being sober means I'm no longer living a nightmare and today, that's good enough for me.

Goodnight friends. I love all you guys.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sleep well Copper. Love you too.