Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 2

Old 01-15-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Just wrote a long post and the page froze. Triggers and cravings. Order iced tea at dinner.

Yey! Stay strong gang!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I know some of us are struggling but it's such a great feeling knowing this class is right here for us all with no judgement and such great support .... Congrats to all that are doing great today... Iam looking forward to day 12 ... Let's close out another sober weekend guys .... Love and hugs
Old 01-15-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

wow, lots of posts to catch up on!!

Welcome to new peeps

congrats on milestones and stay strong to anyone who is struggling!

i went to my first AA meeting today and I got a good vibe from it. i'm going to go back and check out other meetings too.

does anyone have experience with outpatient programs? thinking about doing one and trying to determine if its worthwhile.

i cant remember if i mentioned it but i am leaving tomorrow for vacation and will be back the 25th. i will try to check in as much as possible but my internet access will be limited.

stay awesome, strong & sober everyone!!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Strange that I haven't really had many cravings but tonight I did. It helped to give the AV voice an image of a sinister wolf-like being possessed by the devil. Dramatic, I know, but it helped.

My SO is leaving for 4 days with one of my daughters for a sporting event (I'm home with the other 3) and I asked her to take her pain killers with her. She gave me a weird look and was like why. And I said I didn't want to be tempted to take them because they make me feel good but aren't good for me ( I knwo me - I'll exchange pain killers for alcohol if it's around). And she just gave me a weird look like I was crazy and walked off. So weird. If she leaves them home I'm going to have to do something creative.

Have a good night all and I'll keep reading here to steel my resolve.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Have fun on your vacation becoming.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Thanks so much staying positive!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

I'm struggling a bit too . . . 8:30 PM here, my teenage son stayed with his Mom, my daughter is here and dinner is cooking. Such a habit to open a bottle and just slosh a few gulps of red down - mini-vacation someone said - but I'm going to focus on that wonderful deep sleep ahead (I hope!) and the clear-headed conversation I can have with my daughter on the way to school. She actually thinks I'm a lot more fun when I'm really sober. And at work tomorrow my skin is clearer and I am more confident - all so much worth passing on a couple of hours of buzz . . .

So the rest of y'all who are struggling - join me and stick with it, let's talk tomorrow?

Day 5 almost here . . .
Old 01-15-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds good Blond

bon voyage Becoming
Old 01-15-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Could I please join this one too?
Old 01-15-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hi all,

So day 1 for me starts tomorrow. Sorry if that's not appropriate for this forum. But I need to get over this drinking habit, if not for me but for my fiancé. I've made some mistakes tonight and slipped back to a place I regret, but starting tomorrow, I intend on fixing that. I know I'm asking a lot, but if anyone has words of encouragement, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their support. I hope I repay that support to other new members in the future.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're very welcome here mspguy

here's to your day one - the journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

D
Old 01-16-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Checking in... 10 days.... double figures woohoo

I thought on day 1 i wouldnt even get through the week let alone 10 glorious alcohol free days.
I just wish the head was feeling a little more glorious and alot less crazy.
Ive attended three AA meetings which i have enjoyed and really felt welcomed.
Although each day has been a struggle its definitely better than the alcohol stupper that ive been living in for way to long.

I hope everyone is keep safe and strong.

Em

Last edited by Embill; 01-16-2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-16-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Wow that little AV gets a bit rowdy on a Fri Arvo!
I'm telling mine to shut the **** up!

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-16-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

7 more hours of a twelve hour night shift and day 3 will be in the books. 5 days no alcohol, 3 no pharmaceuticals. Feeling better physically today, I have turned the corner. I have begun to reconnect at my old AA homegroup and am starting to actually do things toward recovery once again.

Feels good.

Silver Lining!!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

welcome nic233

Happy Friday all. Let's stay strong for the weekend!!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Do they do those mini-cheesecakes at KFC? we had them here in Australia for years but they stopped. I used to like those.

Buy something little and sweet like that maybe?

D
Originally Posted by TryTryAgain View Post
An ice cream sundae or a banana split both sound good to me!
Yes! I think something way over the top and luxuriously sweet and ridiculous is in order. Day 16 but going to have to stick close to SR after 5pm because my AV is on a relentless rampage about moderating again. We all know this is impossible and a slippery slope once you've gone this far. If I can get through tonight and tomorrow night I'm home dry till next weekend at least lol.

Well done to everyone on another sober day and the newcomers! This place is a godsend. Stay close x
Old 01-16-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Do they do those mini-cheesecakes at KFC? we had them here in Australia for years but they stopped. I used to like those. Buy something little and sweet like that maybe? some seriously impressive milestones today guys - this class is really rockin' it Welcome too to everyone who's just found the thread - glad to have you here with us D
Mimm sounds good! I don't think I've ever seen them there! Gosh I would love to see Australia someday!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
mmm, AV is kicking in in advance of tomorrow night. I am always pretty much on a lowish carb diet and have a cheatmeal on Fridays. This "used" to include liquid :/. So there I was cleaning the fridge and innocently mulling over whether to make it KFC or Pizza when I found myself mentally adding Brandy onto the list. I was like awe nah we're not doing that and it went onto to try and convince me I can just have it on cheatmeal night like I did for years (before drinking everyday for 2 years that is) have been arguing with it ever since.

Any ideas what I could add to my cheatmeal to make it seem extra fancy? I normally have what I want anyway within reason. So I'm a bit foxed but I need something to trick my mind into thinking we're having something special. If that makes any sense. I'm rambling because its 11pm here and my brains frazzled from arguing with myself :/
Make yourself a new signature drink and put it in a fancy glass. Seltzer, pomegranate and a wedge of lime… ( just an Idea) have your brain get excited on coming up with a new drink for cheat night. Good luck!!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Nobody can force me to drink today.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Just checking in. I made it to day 16. Yesterday was really difficult for me. I came pretty close to giving up. I went to the store with the idea that I needed something. Was not really sure if I would buy alcohol or not. I wandered around the store for a few minutes before I settled on chocolate.

Thank you Dee for the link. Very helpful.

I really need to work on being able to deal with difficult life situations. I use to get through stressful day by looking forward to my wineoclock. Then I would numb all of the feelings away. Yesterday I just didn't know how to make it through the day without looking forward to the numbing effect. I am going to work one stress relieving strategies. It looks like I will have a lot in my plate for the next few months, but I know drinking will not solve anything.