Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 2

Old 01-16-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
My SO isn't an alcoholic like me but she's very depressed and refuses to go for treatment so had been verbally pretty bad to the kids mostly for some time now and I feel like I just can't protect them any more nor can I take being around the negative and needy energy.
Thanks Teebee. In sure there will be lots if change in the relationship, good or bad I'm staying sober.
Sorry if I'm prying but why doesn't she want and treatment?

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hi Ting - I sent a PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Almost through day 4. Just a few short hour and home to bed. Another good day. I did most of my detoxing last week, and now with nearly 96 hours completely clean and sober, the fog has begun to lift and am feeling much better physically. Doing all that I know to do, and have made meetings and reached out to others as much as possible.

I am feeling positive about things for the first time in quite a while and am looking forward to another sober day. Appreciate all that I read hear, even those threads that I don't comment on. Thank you all.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Day 16. It's really interesting reading about peoples relationships. I hope everything works out for the best for you guys. It's strange because in the last few weeks I've been speaking to my little ones father whom I was with for 10 years (we broke up because of the way I treated him when I was drinking - this was when I just went too far at weekends) but it seems the possibility of reconciliation is still there if I want it. When I was drinking I would laugh at this. I treated him pretty bad during this time :/ But now I'm sober and healed in parts, I'm wondering about it. He is a very good kind man and he loves us and wants to take care of us. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't always make good decisions when we are drunk and it's best to get some sober time before we make important decisions about relationships... I dunno ignore me I always ramble outloud especially after morning coffee.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

A Saturday morning with no sour stomach. And I've been up since 6. Wow!
Old 01-17-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

I'm in. Day 3 for me. My habit was a 1-2 bottles of wine several days a week. Nice to wake up and get busy, rather than suffering all day on a Saturday. The urge surfing post from Dee has been the most helpful to me.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Good morning class of January!!

Welcome to all the newcomers.

Thing and teebee you are not alone. My husband is still drinking every night. I am worried about how are relationship will change.

His idea for tonight is get a babysitter and go drinking with are drinking friends. That is just not my idea of a great date night anymore.

Things are changing. I am changing for the better and growing as a person. I have fears about how our relationship will change.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Hi Kale - another wine drinker here - welcome to the January class.

Stayingpositive - yes I can't go back to the way I was. I just keep saying I need a new "us". I'm lucky that she doesn't drink - but for me I deal with her depression and meaness better when I'm drinking and I know it's a trigger so it has to change if I'm to stay sober. I have to change but we may have to split for me to accomplish that.

I keep staying in my head (and to my therapist) I don't think I can stay with her and stay sober. Don't know if I'm using that as an excuse or it's my subconsous telling me that.

Weird times this not drinking and looking at yourself at my age...

Good Saturday morning to all - It's laundry day. which I don't mind.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I am on Day 8. I finally slept last night.

The detox was hard and I had the flu and so I don't know which was which.

Could you please let me know how long the fatigue lasts? I can't seem to nap.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beach20 View Post
Good morning everyone. I am on Day 8. I finally slept last night.

The detox was hard and I had the flu and so I don't know which was which.

Could you please let me know how long the fatigue lasts? I can't seem to nap.
Hi Beach,

I am sure "your results may vary" when it comes to fatigue, but mine lasted about two weeks.

Still tire easily, but that seems to be changing too.

Congratulations on day 8!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

So grateful for another morning waking up without a hangover.

Today is day 17 for me. :-)
Old 01-17-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Happy Morning to everyone!!
Robinson Good for you and Saturday mornings with no hang over are the best!!

Welcome to : Kalegrrl, Noll, nevertheluck, beach and anyone I missed. So glad you have joined our class!!

Nashv- We watched Gone Girl last night and so glad to have remembered it. When we were looking through movies I was picking ones we already watched but didn't remember. Oops Hope you enjoyed your movie!!

Canguy Great job on your date. Listen to your gut because maybe you should stay away from that for a while. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Safeandsound I think God works in mysterious ways. He made you available and present for your friend. Good work!!

Rondola Be proud of yourself!! Great job!! Don't you just love waking with a clear mind. Love remembering my dreams too!!

Ting & teebee, Tough decisions. Listen to your hearts and gut!! I think we know in our heads what the right thing is to do but putting it in action is difficult. I hope you find peace!!

I have let my house work go over the past few weeks so today is a huge cleaning day!! Crank the music and bask in my soberness!! Feeling stronger everyday. Punched AV in the face last night and told the SOB to get out of my life because he's not welcome here any more!! Have a blessed weekend my friends!!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
Day 16. It's really interesting reading about peoples relationships. I hope everything works out for the best for you guys. It's strange because in the last few weeks I've been speaking to my little ones father whom I was with for 10 years (we broke up because of the way I treated him when I was drinking - this was when I just went too far at weekends) but it seems the possibility of reconciliation is still there if I want it. When I was drinking I would laugh at this. I treated him pretty bad during this time :/ But now I'm sober and healed in parts, I'm wondering about it. He is a very good kind man and he loves us and wants to take care of us. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't always make good decisions when we are drunk and it's best to get some sober time before we make important decisions about relationships... I dunno ignore me I always ramble outloud especially after morning coffee.

First great job on all of your decisions for Friday night!! Looks like a good time!! Be kind to yourself and forgive yourself!! Looks like he has. Enjoy your sober time and enjoy the coffee
Old 01-17-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryTryAgain View Post
Hi Beach,

I am sure "your results may vary" when it comes to fatigue, but mine lasted about two weeks.

Still tire easily, but that seems to be changing too.

Congratulations on day 8!
I agree with Try. I'm on day 12 and I'd say in the last two days I've had my normal energy. When I didn't, I didn't push myself. We're healing and our bodies are repairing damage done by alcohol. Relax, read, nap, exercise and drink tons of water. Hope this helps!!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Hey guys I'm pretty new to all this stuff but I'm sick of alcohol ruining every aspect of my life, putting my job, relationship, family and freedom on the line. Enough is enough and I need help. I have been through different stages of drug addiction however they all started from alcohol and being to drunk. Any tips or anything to help me do this would be great, thank you.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Seventeen

Starting day seventeen now.

I had noticeable tremors in my hands all day yesterday. Not sure what that's about. They seem to be gone so far this morning. I'm grateful for that. Other than that it was a good day. Work was smooth. I went to bed very early last night so I'm feeling refreshed right now.

Still not having any real urges or cravings to drink. I've been pretty good at getting seven days to two weeks sober for a while now, but now at day seventeen I'm getting into more rarefied territory. (I've probably hit 30 days eight or nine times over the last 13 years, 50 days two of those times, 60 days once.) Drinking doesn't feel like an option right now, but I must remain vigilant and be ready to run for help if those urges hit.

In the good news department, my baby sister gave birth to a little girl at 2:45 in the morning yesterday. So I'm an uncle again. My sister has had her own drinking/drug problems in the past. They seem to be behind her for now. Let's hope it stays that way. My parents are already raising her firstborn and she gave up her second for adoption as soon as she was born.

Congratulations to everyone who made it thru Friday sober and wishing you the best for today. Just remember that we don't have to take that first drink--NO MATTER WHAT.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Welcome Proclub glad you could join us.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Thanks teebee
Old 01-17-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by proclub View Post
Hey guys I'm pretty new to all this stuff but I'm sick of alcohol ruining every aspect of my life, putting my job, relationship, family and freedom on the line. Enough is enough and I need help. I have been through different stages of drug addiction however they all started from alcohol and being to drunk. Any tips or anything to help me do this would be great, thank you.
Welcome…. My tip would be to stay here with us and fight to get your life back!! We'll help!!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Thanks lifeanew!