Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 2

Old 01-17-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifeanew View Post
Punched AV in the face last night and told the SOB to get out of my life because he's not welcome here any more!! Have a blessed weekend my friends!!
I've finally figured out what AV stands for!!! lol! Obviously, alcohol as destroyed most of the grey matter if it has taken me this long!

Now, I have to admit this is the first time ever that I have made a conscious effort to give up booze for longer than a week ...ever. So I'm taking from reading your helpful posts here, that it is to be expected to feel a bit tired then in the first few weeks? That's a relief

I must say, I am beginning to sleep better...I fall asleep more easily and I am sleeping deeper, I think. Could also be the wearing of cotton wool in my ears so my hubbies' snoring doesn't keep disturbing me. But I'm sure it has something to do with the lack of booze. Even if I only drank one small glass (on the rare occasion), I would still feel my sleep was disrupted...probably because everything I've read lately has told me that alcohol disturbs the second cycle of your sleep, so I'm kind of all geared up to be disturbed by it anyway. But I'm doing better and whatever the reason is, I like it.

Have also done loads today...normally feel too tired to do anything but veg in front of awful tv progs...probably doing as much damage to the grey matter as the alcohol. For gosh sakes, I've recently started watching Lost again as I still haven't got to the end of it!! Pathetic, I know! But today, despite being sick all week, I have done loads of tidying and decluttering and I'm feeling great. I'm also really, really, REALLY loving waking up and feeling good about myself, because a) I didn't drink the day before and b) and usually because of a), I didn't overeat the night before!!!! I have a lot of exercising and toning up to do, but I feel I'm not making the situation worse any more and I may even begin to see improvements once I start to exercise on a regular basis. Got to start using my trampoline more often...love my trampoline. Best investment ever.

Anyho, great to share here. My husband does not want to give up...he would like to reduce his consumption, which I'm happy enough about. He does drink too much too, but I think he's not as addicted as I am. But he's not particularly interested in all my health stuff...I think I bore him, so great to have here to discuss it. I also discovered the health section here...brilliant. I need that so much.

It's very helpful to read about the challenges, some perhaps more unexpected than others, that people are experiencing. I guess I feel much less alone in trying to give up, whatever the reason and reading peoples' responses, I feel I'm being given extra stength to cope. I hope, as time goes by and I get to know you guys better, that I'll be able to help others too.

Have a grrrrreat Saturday folks!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Day 6

Day 6 here . . . and a road trip in front of me, so glad I don't have to do the "wake up, sip a little here and there but not too much, etc. etc."
Now I can drive confidently with the SO and three Aussies in the back, safe and sound.

Safe and sober and wonderful weekend to everyone!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

All moved in to my new apartment. So much work to do.

12 days sober. Not drinking today.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Checking in today. Still feeling the affects of the drinking from a couple of days ago. Today or tomorrow is usually when I will have a drinking binge. But this time I am committed to staying sober. I'm doing this not only for myself, but my son who deserves a sober father.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Woke up to my 17th day sober! Lets really keep this going everyone. I plan to attend 1 AA meeting later today just to see if I hate it or what. But first some hiking. Be back later have a good one everyone.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by lifeanew View Post
First great job on all of your decisions for Friday night!! Looks like a good time!! Be kind to yourself and forgive yourself!! Looks like he has. Enjoy your sober time and enjoy the coffee
Thanks hun I made that positive post this morning then went and depressed myself making a thread about my inertia lol. That said, admitting I was a lazy git made me do the entire laundry basket, clean the kitchen and make some home made sweet potato wedges with fish! Maybe I need to admit I'm a lazy git everyday lol x
Old 01-17-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

These posts are always tough – but basically I was in the December class (along with a bunch of other classes) and I drank last night and would like to give this another shot.

I will typically be able to abstain for 2 weeks-1 month and then I really struggle, but I am going to fight through this time.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Sympathy for the AV

"Please allow me
tah introduce mahself...."

etc.

....met the AV large as life yesterday afternoon and evening. Mine is a negotiator....persuasive and persistent.

(It's the weekend....Saturday needn't count....only drink on Saturdays from now on. If you could do Friday night then you can manage the situation.....reward yourself, etc etc)

It was hard here and there but managed to surf it through. But I kept thinking then about now....how it would feel to be back at Day 1. Except Day 1 would be at least another week's drinking away probably. This new sober thing is a fragile construction....a house of cards. Take any one bit out and the whole lot will collapse. For me anyway.

So...Day 16 starting here.

Welcome Proclub, ANewDayNYC, Congratulations CaseyW, Thanks lifeanew

All the best for the next 24 hours....thanks SR
Old 01-17-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryTryAgain View Post
Hi Beach,

I am sure "your results may vary" when it comes to fatigue, but mine lasted about two weeks.

Still tire easily, but that seems to be changing too.

Congratulations on day 8!
I was wondering why I feel so lethargic and tired all the time and can't sleep 8 hours straight.
Thanks
Old 01-17-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just popping in to say hello Januarians i think your doing really well

Congrats on all your individual milestones

Stay Awesome !
Old 01-17-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Checking in guys ...

Day 10 starting today ... all good !

Went to a friend's daughter's 21st last night. Water and softdrink was all I had. On the way there I got pulled by an RBT. This time a couple weeks ago, for a Saturday afternoon, I would have blown over the limit and probably lost my licence. Glad to tell the Police Officer I've had nothing to drink all day. Felt good as my wife and daughters were in the car too.

Thanks for all the support everyone, being here makes it just that little easier.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Just drove by a liquor store I use to small bottles of Jack from. The thought emerged to swing by, but fortunately I was with my family. So an easy decision not to go. I look at those thoughts from the addict personality. I choose sobriety, & those thoughts will have less and less of an attraction for me.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Welcome to the January class, Proclub. Its a great group!

Just checking in..Busy day with the family. doing errands, basketball game for my son, out to lunch with hubby and 2 others, now back home. I feel good on day 8.

Checking in here is so helpful and I thank all of you..

Enjoy a sober saturday night
Old 01-17-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Seventh day of no alcohol, fifth day no pharmaceuticals! Feeling better physically and mentally than I think I have a right to. Sun is out today and is nice...went and just let the rays shine down on me for a while.

I've been reading a lot of threads here and am sloowwwwllly reading through Big Book again. Making meetings and don't want to drink or use.

Today is a good day to be clean and sober!
Old 01-17-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to say hi. Tonight me and the girls (kids) are going to see Into The Woods. Should be fun - then tomrrow off to the waterpark.

James - nice that you were clean at the checkpoint - that's great positive reinforcement
Old 01-17-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

I'm back. Ready to try again. It not so bad yet. .. binging once a week instead of daily, but once a week is still more than I want. So hello on day 2.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome KaleGrrl, Proclub, AnewDayNYC and BBF

congrats on your move Finding - and congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone today, no matter what it is

for those new to monthly threads, we usually close each part at 500 posts. To much bigger than that and people get lost.

Please join us here for our Part 3:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D