Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 2

Old 01-14-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Wow, So many Moms with kids. I always knew they would drive you to drink( LOL).

I'm 50, 2 teenagers ( who know everything), married for 25yrs in Feb and run my own business so I can relate with people wondering why I am quitting. I was very good at covering it up. The thing that's different this time is I have my husbands support!! I feel so blessed. Day 9 and looking forward to double digits. Have a blessed day my friends.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi Class.

9 days sober today. Glad to be here.

Moving to a new apartment with my long term GF tomorrow. Stressed about the move. And still dealing with the depression/anxiety from drinking over the holidays after almost making 3 months sober...

So yeah...In my head i'm dealing with alot...But once i write it out and talk...It's really just LIFE

Hope everyone is well.

Stay safe and sober all.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

awesome about volunteering alifeanew!!

don't be down on yourself halfvictory. you will get there!!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done everyone reaching milestones

Good luck with the move finding
Old 01-14-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Fourteen

It's the beginning of day fourteen. Two weeks!

Good day yesterday. I made myself go into work with a positive attitude and managed to keep it all day. I'm grateful to have a job where I don't have to work ridiculous hours but still make decent money. Cooked a nice dinner for myself once I got home and just spent the evening alternating between reading and watching television. With lots of checking in here in-between. No real thoughts of drinking though I did let out a big sigh when I walked by the wine aisle at the grocery store.

More of the same today. It's rainy outside right now which makes me just want to curl up with a good book all day. But unfortunately I have to be an adult and go to work.

Thank you to everyone who posted on here in the last 24 hours. You helped keep me sober!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing awesome caseyw well done on your 2 weeks
Old 01-14-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done becoming on seeing the counselor glad it went well budteering

Fantastic news with the Ronald McD volenteering Lifeanew

i done volenteering at my local hospital in my first 12 months of sobriety

Your all doing fantastic each and every one of you
Old 01-14-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

hey everyone - just wanted to let you know that counseling went well. He thinks that working with him will be beneficial, but because I have another therapist he does not think it needs to be all that often. I think more to check in. He thinks I will benefit most from group support like AA. Also, he thinks outpatient rehab would be helpful if I can handle both.

Anyone have any experience with outpatient??

I am going to go to a meeting either today or tomorrow. One thing that is scarring me is that I am leaving for vacation with my family on Friday. We are going to Puerto Rico and then on a cruise. Its going to be very tempting to drink and I know if I really tried I could get my wife to let me. I am really determined to stay strong though. I'm just scared for those moments when my resolve weakens. Wish me luck!!

Also, if you don't hear from me much from the 16th -25th its because I'm away and dont have much computer access. I will be with you all in spirit though
Old 01-14-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi to all! I guess I gotta say I'm struggling. I'm day 11 today. I got blood work back last night and everything is great. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy that my thyroid is good and liver and kidney function is all normal. With that said, can you guess where my alcoholic brain went with that? Yep," see, you can still drink like a pig, you're just fine!!" UGH! UGH! UGH! So now now the battle begins and I'm depressed over it. I'm so sorry if I sound like Debbie downer today, guys. I'm just being honest. I'm gonna go for a run and that's always good for me. I must stay strong, I can't look back and think THIS time I can moderate. If you think of it, send up a prayer for me today, I'm in need.........Standing
Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sending thoughts & prayers Standing and it doesnt mean we can drink the liver and kidneys are not invincible

go check the links i posted a few pages bk read them they will help

Remember why you got sober in the first place Standing were all here for you bud
Old 01-14-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Sending thoughts & prayers Standing and it doesnt mean we can drink the liver and kidneys are not invincible go check the links i posted a few pages bk read them they will help Remember why you got sober in the first place Standing were all here for you bud

Thank you, my dear friend! I will read the posts.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hope the run worked for you Standing?

I'm a Mum too and also did well to hide it, would last out until last pick up from football or whatever. Then hit the wine big time to make up for starting late in the day.

I have had enough of it and sick and tired of forgetting how I got to bed and waking up in the night horrendously dehydrated and then hungover to sort the kids out for school and me for work everyday.

Hope we all staying strong...
Old 01-14-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

stay strong Standing! I understand feeling like you have a green light to drink after getting good medical news. the first time I tried to stop drinking (or at least cut back a lot) was 5 years ago when i had pancreatitis. I was 28 and thought "im too young for this!". I controlled my drinking for a while, it got better, and of course I thought "okay now i dont have to be so careful!". damn alcoholic brain!!

after having my son last year I had a pretty bad GI bleed which was not directly related to drinking but i'm sure drinking is not good for it!

Lets both keep reminding ourselves that we are lucky to have clean bills of health and tell our alcoholic brains to shut the hell up!! lol
Old 01-14-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

sending prayers your way too!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

you are doing great Martina12!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thank you Martina and becoming! You're great! I can relate to trying to sort the kids out in the morning in a hung over fog! Gosh, I don't wanna go back to that and the I want to die feeling of depression, ick! You are right becoming, the alcoholic voice needs to shut it!

((((((Big hug))))))
Old 01-14-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

New day, checking in

Day 3 for a few of us. Weird sleep, but no sweats. Great dreams.
Loud owls outside, wouldn't have heard them if I had my usual sleeping
pill of two glasses of red.

Last night the Girlfriend told me she had had no wine, but I could tell she had. (She promised to join me this time.) But it actually made me feel good that she could have some even though I couldn't. The strange thing about it is it puts you in a different space - she seems to prattle on with silly things when the wine is in her; it is much more easy to be patient when you are having wine too. But not for me!

Because I didn't succumb I feel very sensitive and raw but in a good way. Open to every miracle that comes my way. But holding a bit back on the coffee to keep it from generating any anxiety.

Y'all have a great day, whether it is day 3 or 14!

K
Old 01-14-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post
Day 3 for a few of us. Weird sleep, but no sweats. Great dreams. Loud owls outside, wouldn't have heard them if I had my usual sleeping pill of two glasses of red. Last night the Girlfriend told me she had had no wine, but I could tell she had. (She promised to join me this time.) But it actually made me feel good that she could have some even though I couldn't. The strange thing about it is it puts you in a different space - she seems to prattle on with silly things when the wine is in her; it is much more easy to be patient when you are having wine too. But not for me! Because I didn't succumb I feel very sensitive and raw but in a good way. Open to every miracle that comes my way. But holding a bit back on the coffee to keep it from generating any anxiety. Y'all have a great day, whether it is day 3 or 14! K
Good for you for staying strong!!! It would be hard for me if I knew my hub was drinking. I'm glad he doesn't . God bless you!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 3 blond sober
Old 01-14-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Just did something huge! Ok so I "hid" drinking from my husband. Then when I quit back in September I hid the fact that I was quitting. I just wanted to be normal. I had 89 days. I relapsed and we had a huge talk. He had been counting sober weeks also. Told him about be wonderful SR and all. Just now I wrote down 4 days on dry erase board in our bedroom. Told him I was going to write them down from now on so we can keep up with it together. He thinks it's great. Another tool in my tool belt.