Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 15

Old 01-22-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Ultra, great post.

Pink, be careful. Don't do too much; you need to baby yourself. I have learned this the hard way a few times. I once had pneumonia and the doctor told me to take four weeks off; I took a week and a half, and I did not feel well again for four months - and, I was in my 30s and in great shape - pre-heavy drinking days.

Choobie, I like your idea of taking an interest in acquaintances. I will add that to my list for tomorrow. (do something fun, talk to a stranger, take an interest in an acquaintance)

Napster, thanks for posting even when it is just to say Hello. It is a relief to know team members are fine.

London, I talked to a number of strangers today - - when I was doing groceries, when I was at the pharmacy, when I went for coffee - - I spoke to anyone I saw wearing Patriots team gear! That was FUN ! ! ! I asked what they thought of Deflate-gate!!

Determined, I loved the idea that Spring is coming! We have snow in the forecast for this weekend; I am hoping it is rain or nothing. We had a dusting last night. I am ready for Spring. (so are the stores - Cadbury eggs are everywhere!)

Rah? Grateful? Glandon? Please let us know how you are

My brother phoned tonight - in good spirits, they are getting along again. He is sick of his job (that is her influence - she hates that he wears coveralls at work - but loves his big pay check - he is a chemical engineer at an oil plant) I told him if I had a dollar for every time I was sick of work throughout my career I would send it to him and he could quit. He actually chuckled at that.

Well, I am going to go walk Scooter around the neighborhood, turn off the phones and get into bed. BUG HUGS!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi Team, just a quick check in. Doing well but 5:30am starts are kicking my arse. Did have really good afternoon that included a bike ride on the beach so hard to complain. Time to hit the hay. AV's lurking but keeping a distance for now. Still in a bit of a holding pattern until moving into a new place mid Feb. Looking forward to getting my family back, my own place, and something of a routine. Not too much longer.

Great to see all the enthusiastic posts! Catch you later Team A.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Mooooooorrrrrrrnnnnnnnning!!!!
How's you all doing this fresh Friday morning? It's minus 4 here. Kettle on and croissants in the oven, need to fill my belly.
It's Av Friday on this house, better than any alarm clock or calendar!!! I need to get out the house today. My mother is taking us down to Portsmouth to my brothers so will be posting from there this weekend.
My brother has been dry for nearly 9 years now. 9. Can you even imagine??? Just wow!!!
Have a grwat day all.
Roll call anyone? Be good to get a head count folks!!!
Bug hugs :-) xxx
Old 01-23-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Funky Friday! Get on up!!

Hitting the gym then reading a story to my sons daycare class before work. Freakin cool way to start the day!

"Be happy, it's one way of being wise." Sidonie Collette.

Word of the day,

Energy.

Go shine today kids.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Determined that Is the most awesome start to the day ever!!!! Have a fantastic Time :-) xxx
Old 01-23-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Thanks pink!!
Old 01-23-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Scooter thanks, promise to be careful!!! Xxx
Old 01-23-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Such enthusiasm in the posts this morning!

I agree that we need a ROLL CALL! We want to hear from all our team members.

I am going to the Y, then for fun today I am meeting my sister at an old-fashioned gift shop /general store / country store that has every possible thing you never knew you needed.

For not-so-fun I am having a filling replaced in a tooth this morning.

Have a happy, safe and sober day, everyone.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Good Morning!
Quick answer to roll call then off to an early morning meeting.

This morning I am grateful for:
having gone grocery shopping last night after working late
technology that connects me to SR
a station wagon full of things to give to charity
kids that get themselves ready in the morning

Have a great day/evening!
Old 01-23-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I'm Here!

"Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day, while failure is simply a few errors in judgement, repeated every day. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgements that leads us to either fortune or failure."

Lets keep building our Fortunes!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Good evening all

Roll call answering! Had a busy day. Blimey it was coooold this morning.

Did some weight work at the gym super early. My GP visit went well - I am lucky I found her - she was amazed at the difference in me from my first visit. Gonna stay on the low dose anxiety meds as they are really helping me get my life back. I also have an appointment at the smoking clinic in a couple of weeks.

AV came a knocking to try and spoil the good day. Massive flash of " doctor was proud of you, you are cured, wouldn't it be fun now to go and and get absolutely wasted, it's Friday" I know the sneaky devil now, I am home, gonna check in with a couple of AA peeps on the phone and RELAX!

Scooter - I am glad you are having fun with the random chats. People love it! Today I had a long chat with my Starbucks favourite lady, she's been ill so I asked how she was doing (and actually cared) Then someone asked to borrow a pen on the tube so chat chat chat. Lol. It's lots of fun!

Sometimes I feel I am starting life from scratch again but it's great!!

Great posting this morning. I was lurking but busy at work, gave me a nice boost and energy :-)
Old 01-23-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Ya'll early morning people... god bless ya
Old 01-23-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hey guys and girls

Post and run as I need to head off and get the train to Saturday AA. Going to spend the day in town and have a good walk around (and chat to strangers' ha ha)

Saturday morning sober wake ups never get boring!! Also I won on the Euromillions lottery last night!! The amazing sum of £3.20. Lol. So that's my soy Americano paid for today, and I might just go wild and have some sugar free hazelnut syrup in it to celebrate :-)

Have a great Saturday all. Our sober weekend starts right here
Old 01-24-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

London, pure hilarity on your lot win! At least you got a free coffee 😊
Hope you're all well. I'm safely in Portsmouth now. I have been duelly informed by my nearly 4 year old niece and god daughter Lavinia, that 'aunty linzi poorly, me plan rest day so tummy get better' cue many many many empty cups of plastic tea set tea, and I have been presented with my viewing list for today. Given that I'm 33 and don't have children I knew this would not contain epics, mock the week or breaking bad. I was still not quite prepared for this list. Today, in this order, I will be watching, without breaks I've been told : tangled, frozen, princesses, little mermaid, Dora, my little pony, frozen, tangled and little mermaid. Are there even enough hours in a Saturday for this!?

So that's me on the sofa for the day having snuggles with my little lady. Almost makes me want to think about having one e of my own. That is the first time I have ever said that out loud. Maybe I am more settled than I realise! Scary!!!

Have a great day all xxx
Old 01-24-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

London, too funny dude! Luck be a lady tonight man.

Pink, those movies are actually awesome! Frozen is one of the stories I read yesterday! It doesn't get much better than the day you have in store my friend!

Thought of the day,

"You are only as big as what bothers you"

Abundance.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Snow and sleet here, so I am staying put until it ends. I have to drive 2.4 miles before reaching a well-used main street, all back roads until then, so I am not going to my early morning Y class. The anxiety of driving in this is not worth it to me.

For fun today I am going to a cousin's party in RI this afternoon. Bob is driving, so I will be fine - - of course, I will no doubt have to drive home! But, it should be clear by then.

Have a happy, safe and sober Saturday my friends.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

My daughter has a "Frozen" birthday party (she's four). We hear her singing "Let it Go" in her room before she goes to sleep.

Then she always says, "Powerful, Positive Drems" (a little influence from me on that one . . . )
Old 01-24-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Let it go, let it goooooooooooo having such a lovely day :-)
Old 01-24-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey I even went to frozen on ice!!! Warm hugs!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Checking in on Saturday! Whooo Saturday!
Upped my Zumba level this morning and made it through without busting a lung! Signing my very introverted and PC gaming family up for a community center membership (like the Y). Then all sorts of chores while it's warm outside.

Frozen didn't have a great review in our household, but everyone loved Brave Hope you are having a restful day, Pink!

I say winning is winning, London! I hope you at least recouped the cost of the ticket!

Stay safe, Scooter!

Today I am grateful for:
A coupon to a full service car wash
grape flavored stevia for water
living in the world at this place in time
free downloadable audiobooks from the library
friends that invite me to coffee and a walk instead of a drink
friends
having an awesome SR team

Powerful, positive dreams to you!!