Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 6

Old 01-01-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Yep, having reread what I just posted, all of you are helping me AGAIN just by being there and giving me somewhere to set it out and look at it from another perspective. Wallowing is never good, I know this!

Old 01-01-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Glad to read you are getting back to walking and activity Gypsytears. Don't overdo and cause ant inflammation that may hinder healing! But good idea to wean back into activities gradually as opposed to all at once when cleared.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in quickly. We spent NYE at my husband's sister's house. We had a great time as always, but no one got any sleep and both my nephew and my older son got sick this morning (probably from too much junk food, as they are 9 and 10). I am absolutely exhausted but trying to get my house organized before the cleaning crew comes at 8 a.m. tomorrow. I'm reminding myself to be grateful that I have household help, rather than cursing my poor planning. We just ordered Chinese food for dinner. Happy new year, all!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Came close. Didn't. Having to work tomorrow helped.

Shesh. Keep telling myself I'll be glad tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Jo - cleaning CREW! Jealous!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Nice TX. Yup, you won't regret it!
Old 01-01-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

TEC...if you don't do something concrete about things now, you're going to be back in the class room in a few weeks with a pounding head and nothing changed.

If you don't have support, what's stopping you from getting more?

D
Old 01-02-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Morning folks.

Well. I was right. I am glad I'm sober this morning as opposed to waking up with a screaming hangover to try to make it into work. I know I'll be productive instead of sitting and just watching the clock slowly pass.

Normal weeks return in a few days. Let's hang in there.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Well done TX!

It feels a bit like a Monday today since hubby was off yesterday and back to work today. But, it's Friday so let's stay vigilant and get some pre-weekend check ins folks!!

Day 34...
Old 01-02-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

So I'm a bit sore after doing yes ALL of the 108 sun salutations yesterday! It took us about 108 minutes which is a long time to be repeating the same sequence. Took your advice peacehappyness, cut back on chaturangas and spent more time in downward dog alternating with child's pose the last couple rounds.

It takes a long time to become a part of a community. This yoga community at the small local studio is starting to feel very comfortable and supportive. Full moon meditation with singing bowls on Sunday, I attended the last one and it was amazing.

I'm off today, H isn't. Going to do a little cleaning and shopping and will try to connect with an old friend for lunch.

Have a great day, Novembers!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Happy new year to everyone. Back to reality from my vacation. Did not go through all the posts, just glanced them. Glad to easy folks making it through. But its my day 2 AGAIN. But I have no regrets. The last couple of times i faltered, i was in control of my drinking, and the ability of saying NO at parties with friends. But the intent of 2015 is to stay without alcohol and now the count will be easy.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Magellan how are ya friend?

Welcome back to day 2 he19!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Maybe I should try yoga in the new year. I am terribly inflexible and would have to modify things, at least in the beginning. Is there yoga for people in terrible shape? LOL. Gypsy, any recommendations for yoga I can do at home, maybe modified for those with very tight hamstrings and back injuries? My usual thing is to do my elliptical, and some stretching and crunches. Some modified push ups sometimes. I like to walk, but not in the cold weather.

I am working through some deep emotions re: my marriage. Not sure where it will end, but I am very sad and working on loving myself more since nobody else does.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Maybe I should try yoga in the new year. I am terribly inflexible and would have to modify things, at least in the beginning. Is there yoga for people in terrible shape? LOL. Gypsy, any recommendations for yoga I can do at home, maybe modified for those with very tight hamstrings and back injuries? My usual thing is to do my elliptical, and some stretching and crunches. Some modified push ups sometimes. I like to walk, but not in the cold weather.

I am working through some deep emotions re: my marriage. Not sure where it will end, but I am very sad and working on loving myself more since nobody else does.
Phoebe, we love you! I'm sorry you're having to work through tough times with your marriage. Lean on us if you need.

Gypsy, my daughter made me watch that incredibly stupid movie too!!! We watched on Christmas Eve, much to my joy. It sounds like you'll be very happy to work yourself back into your routine. I'm so glad for you.

Bernie, great job on all those sun salutations, good God!

To those reaching for the side of the boat to climb back aboard, we're so glad you're here. 2015 is going to be a good sober year for the November class!

Today is day 54.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Maybe I should try yoga in the new year. I am terribly inflexible and would have to modify things, at least in the beginning. Is there yoga for people in terrible shape? LOL. Gypsy, any recommendations for yoga I can do at home, maybe modified for those with very tight hamstrings and back injuries? My usual thing is to do my elliptical, and some stretching and crunches. Some modified push ups sometimes. I like to walk, but not in the cold weather. I am working through some deep emotions re: my marriage. Not sure where it will end, but I am very sad and working on loving myself more since nobody else does.
Sorry you're having marital struggles Phoebe. Adding yoga right now is a great idea! Any gentle or hatha level would be a good place to start. If you don't belong to a gym that offers it, or a nearby studio, does your cable company offer any videos on demand? When I had Comcast & Verizon they both did. Tight hamstrings plague me too. Now more than ever lol. Bending the knees softly while doing seated or standing forward folds help a lot. Using a yoga strap is s good prop. I'm glad you modified Bernie! Some of the last classes I taught before my leave was salutation based. 12 chaturangas per salutation. We aimed for 12 rounds but ended up only doing 96 chaturangas lol. In an hour. We did em fast , We watched The Interview last night workforit. Goofy but better than Anchorman lol.

Cooking today... Gluten free bread & black beans.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone! Spent New Year's Eve on the couch watching TV with my husband. We went to bed at 10:00 p.m. It was nice to wake up both sober and not hungover on New Year's Day.

So, I'm hoping not to relapse in 2015. It would be nice to still be sober when I celebrate the start of 2016.

I'm sorry to hear about your marital struggles too, Phoebe. I have always found that a good novel helps to distract me from emotional pain.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Maybe I should try yoga in the new year. I am terribly inflexible and would have to modify things, at least in the beginning. Is there yoga for people in terrible shape? LOL. Gypsy, any recommendations for yoga I can do at home, maybe modified for those with very tight hamstrings and back injuries? My usual thing is to do my elliptical, and some stretching and crunches. Some modified push ups sometimes. I like to walk, but not in the cold weather. I am working through some deep emotions re: my marriage. Not sure where it will end, but I am very sad and working on loving myself more since nobody else does.
Hi Phoebe
Loving yourself first is a great idea.

For me tight hamstrings and back were tied to a tight pyraformis. A great yoga stretch is the pidgeon but you must work up to it. YouTube and the App Store have a lot of great free resources too. Good luck with your wellbeing.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Those are good resources 11stars.

Snuggled in bed even though I don't have to be. I've had a headache for a few days, coming down with a cold & sore throat . Sons of Anarchy marathon lined up for tonight.

Has Marathon Man posted? Baby yet?
Old 01-02-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Oh right. We are waiting on baby news from Marathon Man! I forgot! I hope all is well with him and his family.

Thanks for the yoga tips guys. Maybe Monday when the kids get off to school, I will find something to start with on the TV. I do have cable.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Groundhogday, no relapses in 2015 sounds like a good goal. I would like to do the same. I hope I can. I will be happy right now to get through January without one.